Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    any Apple product (not the fruit )

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Bottled water, because why would I when there is a tap filled with it?

Or well any type of food I hate, which is alot considering I am a picky eater.

And Call Of Duty, though I am considering buying Advanced warfare once I get a new computer.
    You obviously live in an area where you have generally clean tap water, some places don't have that luxury (looking at you, majority of California).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    any Apple product (not the fruit )
    i've always hated apple products, but still love the iphone even though i still cant type on the stupid thing. will never give up my PCs though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    ugh, tony...... that's as wrong as it gets when it comes to computers...
    In the fact of the matter, if it wasn't for horribly management decisions caused by arrogance, we would not have an IBM/Microsoft based computer landscape today.
    Computers are a bit like Video Recorders have been.
    For the latter, we've got a market, where there were 3 systems available. First there's the winner VHS. Then we've also had Video 2000, and BetaMax.
    The latter two were both leaps and bounds better than VHS, but didn't succeed. BetaMax failed because of the Cold War. It was a system developed in the East Block.
    V2000 failed due to Philips' idiotic business strategies, and the failure of trying to conquer the market one year too early. Resulting in machines that have been mechanically inferior. But not technically. Yet, what good is a VCR when it breaks down too easy.

Similar for computers...
    Apple invented the home computer... Before that, there was only IBM business computers, and they were so expensive, that even many businesses could not afford them.
    Now, despite it's for business purpose more affordable prices, Apple was still way too expensive to enter a home market reasonably.
    That's where Commodore came in....
    A line of computers that accomplished 2 things...
    1. It broke into a market to become the #1 home computer on the planet.
    2. It was so versatile, that it challenged gaming consoles, and took a significant market segment from those.

Commodore PCs have been Motorola based.
    And they were leaps and bounds ahead of IBM based pc's..
    IBM processors were able to work off 1 task at a time... Serial principle... 8 bits... one bit after another...
    Commodore's PCs with their Motorola chips worked those 8 bits off parallel.. All 8 at the same time...

Commodore missed the opportunity to dictate the market. To essentially wipe both IBM and Apple from the planet's surface.
    But outright stupid business decisions lead to the company's demise, and the disappearance of it's computers.
    Fact... The capabilities of an Amiga 2000 system was not matched by any IBM based computer for another 10 years.
    Graphically Motorola was superior to any IBM graphic system.
    They've used Amiga500 computers with C4D software to animate Deep Space Nine some 25 yrs ago.
    That's but a fraction of hardware investment needed compared to IBM computers back then.
    the original motorola razr was also the best phone on the planet - i had that thing for 5 years until i got it soaked. that thing was like a credit card in your pocket - now phones are like bricks
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

It would have to be Onaholes.

Anyone not familiar and interested in reading why it is the one product NO ONE should buy, feel free to google Onaholes: sometimes a risky hobby... be warned.. might bring up NSFW material.

Deleted
    Anything of Apple.
    They have have it made for 20$ and they want me to pay 30 times that amount because there is an "i" infront of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    It would have to be Onaholes.

Anyone not familiar and interested in reading why it is the one product NO ONE should buy, feel free to google Onaholes: sometimes a risky hobby... be warned.. might bring up NSFW material.
    I think I know what an "Onahole" is without googling it and I wont do it but I assume that the risk has something to do with your dick falling off?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything from Apple, i had one fucking ipod mini shuffle whatever and thanks to itunes that things now a doorstopper and it´s not even good at that.

Anything from EA unless it´s a thoroughly reviewed and tested need 4 speed title actually worth something again.

it´s late though, so there´s probably more i can´t remember right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    Bottled... fucking.... WATER

i would love for someone to explain to me why a bottle of water costs the same amount OR MORE than a bottle of anything else and people are still willing to pay for it. if you are buying one of those cheap 24 packs for like $4 to toss in a cooler that is understandable. but looking at a vending machine or a convenience store cooler and seeing dasani, aquafina and crap selling for the same price as any flavored drink is flat out stupid

ITS FUCKING WATER!!!
    That's why I bought a Brita pitcher (filtered water). Cost $20, but then only $5 every 2-3 months (filter replacement) to have nice drinkable water (tap water here tastes funky... yes it's California!). When I lived in Massachusetts, the water was great right out of the tap.

I also won't buy any Apple products due to the price, although I have an iPhone 5 provided by work. I also have some Apple stock lol
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2015-03-08 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff I won't buy are apple products or the overpriced stuff at petrol stations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    i've always hated apple products, but still love the iphone even though i still cant type on the stupid thing. will never give up my PCs though!

- - - Updated - - -

the original motorola razr was also the best phone on the planet - i had that thing for 5 years until i got it soaked. that thing was like a credit card in your pocket - now phones are like bricks
    Only if you put one of those stupid assed Otterboxes on them. I never use a case with my phone and its quite thinner than a Razr. Of course Im responsible and respect my tech so I dont throw them or drop them, or put them in a pocket with other objects

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    What's Bad Dragon? I'll go check Goog -

Argh!
    Boy, you were Trolled. 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah, I am such a horrible, horrible retard because I am pretty satisfied with my MacBook Pro.

Only on the internet, I guess. At the Uni, it seems like 8 out of 10 people are using MacBooks.
    I dunno maybe their laptops are OK, but their Desktop PCs suck. They are way overpriced, and you gotta dual-boot windows to run anything other than art programs. So if you're going to buy a computer and end up dual-booting windows... why not just get a Windows PC, and build it yourself for cheaper?

And besides, that OS they say is oh-so awesome... is just a *nix distro with some unique UI elements. Just grab some form of Linux and throw it on a PC you build yourself and you'll have basically the same thing.

Use some proper AV protection and common sense while online and it'll last years just like the other guy who said he used his for 4 years. The only reason I replace mine every ~3 years, is to keep it strong enough to play the current games I want to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    I dunno maybe their laptops are OK, but their Desktop PCs suck. They are way overpriced, and you gotta dual-boot windows to run anything other than art programs. So if you're going to buy a computer and end up dual-booting windows... why not just get a Windows PC, and build it yourself for cheaper?
    I use MacOSX pretty much exclusively and do not have to dual-boot windows in order to use the programs I need. And those are not only art programs. Sure, I guess there still are things that really do not run on OSX, but the situation has gotten much, much better than like 10 years ago. In the end, it just comes down to different needs and preferences.

Also, I love how the MacBook looks. Which is a somewhat important factor to me, personally.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-03-08 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't buy from any company that discriminates, especially if their CEO is vocal about it. I won't buy from Papa John's because of the CEO'S Obamacare opinions and a few years back.

Mostly, I only buy from people who know enough to shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah, I am such a horrible, horrible retard because I am pretty satisfied with my MacBook Pro.

Only on the internet, I guess. At the Uni, it seems like 8 out of 10 people are using MacBooks.
    Ugh. MacBooks are overpriced pieces of shit. Never understood why someone would spend $1200 for a computer that barely does what a $500 PC can do.

With that said, I own and am happy with (mostly, it's a bitch in the cold) my iPhone 5s and will probably upgrade to the 6 if given the opportunity, though I'm in no hurry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Only if you put one of those stupid assed Otterboxes on them. I never use a case with my phone and its quite thinner than a Razr. Of course Im responsible and respect my tech so I dont throw them or drop them, or put them in a pocket with other objects
    Sometimes shit happens. I have a small case on mine because, as I said, sometimes shit happens.

Funny story. I was working JetBlue at the airport, in the back bin where the bin door is about 10 feet off the ground. As I was crawling out and onto the belt loader, my phone slips from my jacket pocket and lands face first on the hard tarmac. I pick it up and it's unscathed. Not even a scratch.

A few months later, I place it on a desk and somehow, it slides off. Drops two feet . . . screen shatters.

WTF!

But I don't get monster cases because I like my phone slender. If I wasn't worried about it shattering, again, I'd keep it naked.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ugh. MacBooks are overpriced pieces of shit. Never understood why someone would spend $1200 for a computer that barely does what a $500 PC can do.
    Because I like Mac OSX and how they look? I had the opportunity to get a 15" Retina MacBook Pro for a comparatively good price like a year ago via my Uni - and since I had to buy a new Laptop for exactly this field of application anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    I won't buy tampons because I'm a guy.
    If you place a tampon under the fuel filler cap of your car, then water won't get in the fuel tank if you have to drive through a river or deep water. They expand and stop water getting through if the filler cap isn't 100% water-tight.

I don't buy anything with "EA" on it, and I won't buy spirits if they cost less than 20 euro a bottle.

pretty much anything made by Apple, since it's a guarantee i'll be ripped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you place a tampon under the fuel filler cap of your car, then water won't get in the fuel tank if you have to drive through a river or deep water. They expand and stop water getting through if the filler cap isn't 100% water-tight.

I don't buy anything with "EA" on it, and I won't buy spirits if they cost less than 20 euro a bottle.
    I'm sorry, I live in a civilized world, we have these crazy thing called "bridges". It's insane, they let you cross OVER rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    pretty much anything made by Apple, since it's a guarantee i'll be ripped off.
    Show me a laptop at any equivalent price point that has better hardware and better construction than a Macbook. You can't. There's always something. The keyboard flexes, or the wifi isn't reliable, or the touchpad isn't equally flush on all sides, or the screen isn't very good. The only downside to a Macbook is the OS, and that's fairly easy to solve as you can simply dual-boot to Windows or Linux.

Anything in "pre" status. I don't care what it is. I will not pay for something that isn't even finished yet. Unless it is work being done on something that already exists.

You know what I am trying to say -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Show me a laptop at any equivalent price point that has better hardware and better construction than a Macbook. You can't. There's always something. The keyboard flexes, or the wifi isn't reliable, or the touchpad isn't equally flush on all sides, or the screen isn't very good. The only downside to a Macbook is the OS, and that's fairly easy to solve as you can simply dual-boot to Windows or Linux.
    These sound very subjective. And I liked my ASUS. It was cheaper than a macbook and it was a monster at the time. I still rather just build a desktop than by an Apple Desktop though. Too damn expensive and restrictive.
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-03-09 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    Call of Duty games