Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mineral specimens directly from China. i am sure there are some reputable Chinese sellers out there, but i have yet to find one.

Anything that can be torrented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Electronic Arts products. Except Bioware, and only after its out and only if its great.
    This,this and this again.

Deleted
    I think i wont buy this:

It looks depressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Fair Trade Products.

So much wrong about this from the misleading name (payment of higher prices to exporters instead market value is not necessarily more fair) to evil schemes (like Tchibo's Fair Trade Coffee was 13Cent more per unit while the actual Farmers got 1 Cent more payment)

€dit: Oh and Product which give the impression of something they are not:

Example "Paprika taste chips" With delicious Paprika big on the cover but Ingredients actually contain none, instead cheating the taste with flavor enhancers.
    This with the fair trade stuff. I avoid it like the plague. Even when it "works correctly" it's still a really awful thing. Middle class white charity meant to make people feel better about themselves when in reality they are just doing more damage.

If you artificially inflate the price of low end goods like that, you just lock the countries that produce them into producing them (and often, only them). If you can sell bananas for 25% above what you should be able to, not only does it mean that bananas are really the only thing you should be making, which means everyone does it and makes the country more vulnerable to weird market shifts which could bankrupt the country in a heartbeat, but also if artificially favours these low end industries growing bananas or coffee beans or whatever, meaning it's not economically viable for the country to develop itself and move into things like manufacturing which would be better for the country in the long run. It just keeps people poor by taking a bit of the sting out of their poorness. End of the day they're still earning like less than a dollar a day kind of thing, they are still shitting in a hole in the ground, but maybe they won't starve which is great but it's still not ideal conditions for a country to be locked in forever.

Apple products.

10+ Year Old Account
    A BAGGED PICKLE!

Like what the fuck.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Hot Mama pickles, hehe sounds like a treat
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to buy any "green" products because they are always inferior to the non "green" version, and they usually cost more too.

I will also never buy a generic product, or an expired product

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I refuse to buy any "green" products because they are always inferior to the non "green" version, and they usually cost more too.
    This x10

Also V6s, V4s and Diesel vehicles. I'll let women, gays and euros drive that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Walmart because they use slave labour to produce some of their products.
    I bet you have an iphone though

OT:

Apple
    AMD
    ATI
    (apparently I hate the letter A)

Also I refuse to buy fake health foods. You know the ones I'm talking about. The products that change the way they word their ingredients to sound healthier, the ones that say healthy on the package and are basically a candy bar, or any supplements (protein included)
    Last edited by Torgent; 2015-03-06 at 05:39 PM.

Bullshit political books written by Fox News people. An example I've had to see at work recently would be "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy" by Mike Huckabbe. It might as well be titled "Bullshit anti-government, anti-Obama the Book: Volume 73"

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Doesn't matter, you should have a box in your bathroom. Never know when your girlfriend is going to be round and disaster strikes unexpectedly. I always keep a box in and I don't get periods either but they still get used from time to time by girlfriends or whoever. It's just polite and welcoming.
    Indeed, this and clean towels, clean new toothbrushes and so forth.
    Gotta always think ahead, the hallmark of adulthood.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually won't buy "green" electronics. Most of the time they are just inferior products priced as the same because they are "saving the planet." Who would have known if you made the motor 1/2 as strong it would use less energy, well I guess I will just pay the same price in the name of pretty much nothing since now I have to use it twice to get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Wilkinson Sword razors, them sumbitches cut my face to shreds the last time I used one so I stick with Gillette ones which rarely ever cause nicks.
    If you get them from the pound shop the Gillette ones either don't work at all or they also cut your face to shreds because that's where all the factory rejects end up. Cheap razors have become a false economy, you either have to pay more or put up with the cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with "Bio-" in its name
    Anything desperately trying to imitate meat without beeing meat
    Apple products
    Alcoholic products apart from gifts for others (the same with coffee)

Tickets sold by Ticketmaster.

Example: This weekend is the Arnold Sports Festival. I could have bought the tickets online through Ticketmaster. But I'll spend the extra $8 this weekend by buying them at the door for Saturday and Sunday.

I despise Ticketmaster and their processing fees and monopoly on tickets.

Blue Pens, A Fedora, anything with that iconic mustache on it, tribal printed anything, anything that looks like it was on jersey shore, a gigantic thug necklace, shrimp, olives, and air jordans

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Also I refuse to buy fake health foods. You know the ones I'm talking about. The products that change the way they word their ingredients to sound healthier, the ones that say healthy on the package and are basically a candy bar, or any supplements (protein included)
    Things like this?

Low fat snack!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I refuse to buy "organic" or "non GMO" stuff because half the times it twice the cost for half the product. The worst offender is "Gluten free!!!!!!!!" I can understand getting the organic and nongmo stuff if thats your thing (even though i dont believe they have any significant differences than the others) but 99+% of people can eat gluten but they are too stupid and think they are healthier eating this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Things like this?

Low fat snack!
    This too. Fat isnt bad. Certain kinds are, but fat in general is not. Way too much of the population believes eating fat means you will gain fat. No. Fat is 9 calories per gram, compared to 4 calories per gram for carbs and proteins. Just say low calorie. You need fat to live.