Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ashran is the only reason I play this game now.

Ever since 6.1 launched all I've been doing is playing Ashran. I'm either either mindlessly joining Nemesis groups on my characters or getting basically free honor gear by playing with event farming groups. Ashran is the best thing to happen when it comes to being a fresh 90. No longer do I have to suffer and play random bg's to get honor gear (Or in MoP's case, play dungeons and trade justice points for honor). Nope, no more of that shit. Now its just all about the events and killing random people.

It's been real fun. I probably spent 5 hours today playing Ashran on my Rogue and now he's full honor geared. The best part about the lockboxes is that you always get gear that winds up being used for vendor selling. You can actually make decent gold for playing in event groups because of all of the honor you get and boxes. The artifacts from Rares help too and as long as you stay alive, its another great way to gain some extra honor.

If Ashran didn't exist, I'd probably stop playing the game because there's really nothing else in the game that I enjoy doing anymore. The only PvE content I will play is dailies and those don't exist in this Expansion. I've done some rep grinding earlier, but have gotten bored of it and don't even care anymore.

I completely ignore my garrison outside of the Gladiators base thing because everything else related to Garrisons is completely based around PvE. I see no reason to even do any of the follower missions or random quests when everything about that is advancing your character for Raiding. No thanks, I'll pass.

Thankfully, Ashran exists the way it does right now. For some reason, I'm addicted to it, I'm addicted to mindlessly following the herd of people to farm events and kill random people. I don't mind sitting around and camping at some points because usually the people in the chat keep me entertained and I usually have a podcast or something playing in the background.

Main road Nemesis farming is fun too because you join a group of people that need the same kills as you. When you see the rare race that nobody plays on the field, people go apeshit and chain stun the shit out of that person to get the kill. It's funny though, unlike most people I really don't care about the achievement/titles or anything. I'm just doing it for the ride because the experience itself is fun.

The best part of Ashran for me though is killing the "runners" or the people that "tryhard" to be the escape champ. I've overextended and nabbed so many people trying desperately to survive all while surviving myself. During event farming groups, there's always opposite faction tryhards trying to bait people out of the main pack and I love killing these people when they think they can get away.

So yeah, I guess I like Ashran. It's not perfect or anything, but its really the only thing that gets me to play this game now. Ironic, considering that I hated on it prior to its release.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

I haven't been able to get into Ashran for ages. Maybe I should try after another few ages of not trying to see if I like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Let me guess, OP: You're Horde.
    ^

Ashran is unplayable as ally.

Come back after all your chars are geared
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're having fun that's awesome. I unfortunately found myself to be spam Qing random BGs out of utter boredom of nothing else to do and in the end decided that playing BGs alone is not really worth my subscription. Already had numerous alts geared in full honor gear.

Queue screams of blasphemy from those who had a different experience than you.

'Someone had a different experience than me? That's impossible, cause I keep having bad experiences!'
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Thought this was satire at first but then realized it's from the same person who unironically said DK damage was "avoidable"

¯\(°_o)/¯

On most servers you're not getting any CP or Honor out of Ashran if you're Alliance. Whenever I go in there the Horde who never leave have their farm group set up at whatever the next event is and they're free farming the few Alliance who bother to que up. So I mean yeah you might be having a blast and getting gear, but for the majority of the Alliance Ashran is still Trashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Thought this was satire at first but then realized it's from the same person who unironically said DK damage was "avoidable"

¯\(°_o)/¯
    Oh, it really is. I kind off like his posts, they're always quite amusing to read.

Same. I think the legendary quest, while a huge grind, is interesting though. Rep grinds are indeed a huge grind this expansion, we should have at least 2-3 dailies each. Luckily you can finish Arakkoa with garrison misions alone but I don't know if I'll either finish Laughing Skull/Frostwolf Orcs, even tho Im at least 1/4 into revered on both. Might do Steamwheedle rep later, doesn't seem too hard.

Btw Stables and Goblin Workshop are really good for Ashran, tho level 3 Goblin is very underwhelming. Spirit Lodge is good if you're ranged.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2015-03-07 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Ashran is the best thing to happen when it comes to being a fresh 90.
    Since when is assram open to <100?

Deleted
    let me tell you what I think of ashran when I get in

Back in 4 hrs....

Quote Originally Posted by otl2 View Post
    ^

Ashran is unplayable as ally.
    Which is quite ironic because it was completely unplayable as Horde until a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Which is quite ironic because it was completely unplayable as Horde until a month ago.
    Main road was, off road horde ruled 90% of the time.

@op, try doing it once you have full conquest gear, the only thing you get i gold and you cant even really win the thing.

I agree that Ashran can be alot more fun now that there's more PvP going on, as a ranged class atleast. Or to clarify further, as a Hunter.

This, though. Whenever I do Ashran we actually get the main road now, even if 90% of the people don't get how exactly you win (even though it shows up on the fucking map). Aside from still winning events that is. I met one strong Alliance group once, our entire group just disbanded after losing 1 event. Aside from that 1 group, the only time I see Alliance win something is when there's 2 events simultanously or they skip events and go main road (for some reason, I've never gotten anything worthwile from it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I agree that Ashran can be alot more fun now that there's more PvP going on, as a ranged class atleast. Or to clarify further, as a Hunter.

This, though. Whenever I do Ashran we actually get the main road now, even if 90% of the people don't get how exactly you win (even though it shows up on the fucking map). Aside from still winning events that is. I met one strong Alliance group once, our entire group just disbanded after losing 1 event. Aside from that 1 group, the only time I see Alliance win something is when there's 2 events simultanously or they skip events and go main road (for some reason, I've never gotten anything worthwile from it).
    How can you say there's more pvp now when every group disbands as soon as you lose an event? People avoid pvp in assram now more then they did in 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    let me tell you what I think of ashran when I get in

Back in 4 hrs....
    If you're STILL whining about queues you're either lying or you choose to ignore the posts where people tell you how to get in. Join the premade group finder and get instant queue, or are you going to keep whining just for the sake of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Probably! I can get into Ashran now, but there's no point. I got all of 15 nemesis kills before I gave up and left. I don't think I got any conq either. It seems like every time they try to "fix" Ashran, it ends up worse than before.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Ashran is the only reason I'm not playing Ashran.