Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gethro View Post
    Got a question about Dark Soul glyph.

You say in the guide that you should be using Glyph of Dark Soul if you have Charred Remains but in your Charred Remains openers video you say that you'd rather not use glyph of dark soul. May i get clarification on when to use glyph of Dark Soul?
    A lot of it can also depend on the specific encounter. A fight like Mythic Kromog the glyph is amazing as it allows you to always have a Dark Soul up for the hands and then the Pillars immediately after.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    A lot of it can also depend on the specific encounter. A fight like Mythic Kromog the glyph is amazing as it allows you to always have a Dark Soul up for the hands and then the Pillars immediately after.
    The pillars phase is 25 seconds and the key to the fight. You definitely want dark soul up for 20 of those 25 seconds, not ten. Using the glyph on this fight is terrible for progress, and bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    The pillars phase is 25 seconds and the key to the fight. You definitely want dark soul up for 20 of those 25 seconds, not ten. Using the glyph on this fight is terrible for progress, and bad advice.
    I disagree with this completely. You can only have 4 Embers to go into that phase, and the pillars spawn one at a time. If all three pillars were up the whole time I would agree, but the best way I found to apply your damage was to the last two pillars which are up for the last 15 seconds of the phase. Having the extra 10 seconds on that part I felt was largely wasted since the whole raid is on the first pillar and you really don't need the burst for that.

The whole purpose of going CR Destro on Mythic Kromog is to do immense hand damage, so you absolutely should be using Dark Soul on the parts of the fight that your spec is being brought in for. When it comes to pillars, Destro can do high burst damage as well, but I do not believe that spending the additional time in DS casting incredibly weak incinerates to regen after the first 4 CB dump is worth the massive loss in hand damage. If your raid doesn't need the hand damage, don't go Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by devilswim13 View Post
    I disagree with this completely. You can only have 4 Embers to go into that phase, and the pillars spawn one at a time. If all three pillars were up the whole time I would agree, but the best way I found to apply your damage was to the last two pillars which are up for the last 15 seconds of the phase. Having the extra 10 seconds on that part I felt was largely wasted since the whole raid is on the first pillar and you really don't need the burst for that.

The whole purpose of going CR Destro on Mythic Kromog is to do immense hand damage, so you absolutely should be using Dark Soul on the parts of the fight that your spec is being brought in for. When it comes to pillars, Destro can do high burst damage as well, but I do not believe that spending the additional time in DS casting incredibly weak incinerates to regen after the first 4 CB dump is worth the massive loss in hand damage. If your raid doesn't need the hand damage, don't go Destro.

There is no way you would ever want to unglyph DS for that fight...the hand phase is just as much a "key" to that fight as if you have 1 person that does the AoE of 3 people those 3 people can be a Single-Target spec instead for pillars. Not only that but most of our damage from our 4 Chaos Bolts, 1 of which you Havoc a second pillar for, which would all be buffed by DS still. The final few seconds we generally are running towards the positioning for after the transition so we don't die and therefore lose at least 5 seconds of the buffs effectiveness. You are also assuming it takes all guilds the full 25 seconds to kill the pillars.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-03-26 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    There is no way you would ever want to unglyph DS for that fight...the hand phase is just as much a "key" to that fight as if you have 1 person that does the AoE of 3 people those 3 people can be a Single-Target spec instead for pillars. Not only that but most of our damage from our 4 Chaos Bolts, 1 of which you Havoc a second pillar for, which would all be buffed by DS still. The final few seconds we generally are running towards the positioning for after the transition so we don't die and therefore lose at least 5 seconds of the buffs effectiveness. You are also assuming it takes all guilds the full 25 seconds to kill the pillars.
    There is no reasonable raid comp that requires cooldowns for hands.

It really just depends on how you want to do it. I can see some guilds picking a few high end AoE specs to handle the hands and the rest of the raid continues beating on Kromog throughout the phase.

I guess I need to look back at logs because during actual fights I neeeever seem to notice the 2pc proc. Although I do have an aura to remind me to bleed embers once at I'm at 3 full ones, so I'm not wasting any procs.

Oh, does it even work if you have more than 3 full embers ? Like, can it only proc a full/entire ember, or if it procs when you're at like 3.5 does it just give you .5 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, does anyone know how I'd go about tracking Destro 2pc procs ? I'm not seeing anything under "buffs" in the logs, which makes sense 'cause I guess you don't actually get a buff from it ... so, I'm at a loss of how to track it ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I guess I need to look back at logs because during actual fights I neeeever seem to notice the 2pc proc. Although I do have an aura to remind me to bleed embers once at I'm at 3 full ones, so I'm not wasting any procs.

Oh, does it even work if you have more than 3 full embers ? Like, can it only proc a full/entire ember, or if it procs when you're at like 3.5 does it just give you .5 ?

- - - Updated - - -
    Actually, does anyone know how I'd go about tracking Destro 2pc procs ? I'm not seeing anything under "buffs" in the logs, which makes sense 'cause I guess you don't actually get a buff from it ... so, I'm at a loss of how to track it ?
    Yes it can proc on more than 3 embers. You could have 3.9 and it would just push you to 4.

You should start tracking your Ember bar. By the sounds of things you have it in the corner somewhere and only get alerted to bleed embers when your WeakAura pops up. This is incredibly inefficient.

You should ideally have your Resource and Cast bars close to each other in the centre of your screen, somewhere close to your characters feet. This way you will always see when you get a 2pc proc because you will physically see your bar jump from 2.x embers to 3.x embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yes it can proc on more than 3 embers. You could have 3.9 and it would just push you to 4.

You should start tracking your Ember bar. By the sounds of things you have it in the corner somewhere and only get alerted to bleed embers when your WeakAura pops up. This is incredibly inefficient.

You should ideally have your Resource and Cast bars close to each other in the centre of your screen, somewhere close to your characters feet. This way you will always see when you get a 2pc proc because you will physically see your bar jump from 2.x embers to 3.x embers.
    Yeah, I'll have to look into moving my resource bar closer to where I have my auras / cast bar.

Is the main reasoning, however, that I want to always know exactly how many I'm sitting at ? I've tried to configure my UI to only convey relevant information, and I had figured that I only really needed to know if I'm below or above certain thresholds. I mean, I can imagine many scenarios where even between those ranges it'd be useful to know exactly how many I have without having to glance to the corner, but I figure it'd be useful to get some additional insight.

I appreciate the help.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    It is incredibly important for a bunch of reasons.

Deleted
    I agree with this completely.
    Plenty of classes that can AoE/cleave without sacrificing ST or needing CDs to good damage on the hands.
    But if for some reason your guild struggles with hands and not with pillars (i doubt) then it would make sense to use DS on them.
    (Also you need to remember you effectively lose DS uptime with DS Glyph and AD)

Well in our raid, 2 or three locks destroy hands and the other classes save their CDs for pillars. And it works ok. We kill the boss one shot now. I use DS-Cata+2 or 3xCW on hands and then the second DS to pillars when we have fox. That's all.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

This is very close minded. By doing incredible hand damage, the rest of the raid is able to save their cooldowns for the pillars, making that phase easier as well. Your cooldowns have a large effect on the distribution of damage from the rest of the raid. Additionally, you will also be able to meaningful damage to the pillars yourself with your second DS. You'll gimp yourself as well as the rest of the raid by not playing to your strengths as CR Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by devilswim13 View Post
    This is very close minded. By doing incredible hand damage, the rest of the raid is able to save their cooldowns for the pillars, making that phase easier as well. Your cooldowns have a large effect on the distribution of damage from the rest of the raid. Additionally, you will also be able to meaningful damage to the pillars yourself with your second DS. You'll gimp yourself as well as the rest of the raid by not playing to your strengths as CR Destro.
    Try reading. NO ONE in any reasonable raid comp needs to pop cooldowns on hands. All CDs are available for pillars. Youre arguing for some efficiency case that doesnt actually exist. But sure, justify padding any way you want to.

Try reading. NO ONE in any reasonable raid comp needs to pop cooldowns on hands. All CDs are available for pillars. Youre arguing for some efficiency case that doesnt actually exist. But sure, justify padding any way you want to.
    Considering you spend part of the second 10 seconds of that 20 second dark soul you are only really getting maybe 2 more buffed Chaos Bolts off and that's assuming you have 3 fox's. 10 seconds of Dark Soul is more than enough to kill 2 Pillars while still being one of the top damage for it. Having 2-3 people control burn the hands is better and more reliable than praying to god that other people don't crit or DPS too hard and kill half your raid. Both work I suppose, I prefer my method, you prefer yours.

With 4P/Charred Remains+GoSac, is it worth it to use Backdraft and Havoc charges on Chaos Bolt rather than immolate/incinerate?

Quote Originally Posted by thefrankto View Post
    With 4P/Charred Remains+GoSac, is it worth it to use Backdraft and Havoc charges on Chaos Bolt rather than immolate/incinerate?
    In my experience casting a Chaos Bolt with Backdraft while running CR+4Pc is not as nearly detrimental as it is normally. It should still be avoided when possible (which is most cases) but with significant procs it is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrankto View Post
    Getting the Chaos Bolt off buffed with procs takes priority over not wasting backdraft stacks. If you run into a situation where you NEED to get the CB off then I would say go ahead and cast so it gets buffed. However this can usually be avoided by planning ahead a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    In my experience casting a Chaos Bolt with Backdraft while running CR+4Pc is not as nearly detrimental as it is normally. It should still be avoided when possible (which is most cases) but with significant procs it is alright.
    I ask mostly out of concern for Havoc, less Backdraft. But thanks.

Deleted
    So, I've just reached Kromog Mythic and thought I should give destro a try since we seem to be lacking both hand and pillar dmg, now I have two questions;
    1. In MoP u needed a rather advanced mouseover macro for ur Shadowburn to work properly with Havoc, is this still the case?
    If so would anyone mind sharing theirs as I've lost mine.

2. Trinkets, I have M-GSR(obv use), M-Darmac and N-BMC, which of the two latter should I use?
    If Darmac, if I was to obtain a Heroic BMC tomorrow, would it win over M-Darmac?
    I also have the CC which could be usefull for the pillars but I guess it would gimp my overall dmg to much?

Cheers