Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapfreeze View Post
    Have you tried it? I use it on Archimonde mythic at the moment. I compared it to gorens and found i was doing substantially more dps. It's synergy with the legendary ring is pretty crazy.
    The other two, similarly geared, warlocks in my guild were using Gorens and they can't keep up.
    Are you sure you're not just better than them?

Did anyone get the BoA trinket and try it out? A boomkin in our raid tonight was saying that he was getting close to 50% uptime on Fel Lord (we wiped like 4 times cause people were just trying to rank sub 30 haha). I'm gonna go back and check logs but was hoping someone who played a lock had a chance to try it out a bit and see what they felt about it.

I used it on Zakuun as well and was getting very high uptime on it. On our kill I had 9 procs over 3:15 with slightly over 51% uptime on it. I noticed the proc overwriting itself fairly often.

Logs for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=22

EDIT: I checked Gorefiend as well, and ended up with 41% uptime on Voidsight.

Have you tried it? I use it on Archimonde mythic at the moment. I compared it to gorens and found i was doing substantially more dps. It's synergy with the legendary ring is pretty crazy.
    The other two, similarly geared, warlocks in my guild were using Gorens and they can't keep up.
    The main selling point of gorens is the fact, you get more procs, it also has the benifit that it's not locked to a two minute cooldown and can proc at vital times, Adds on Gorefiend for example, sandmans is also extremelly unreliable, it could proc before feast on Gorefiend and miss out on a tonne of damage where gorens is almost guaranteed to proc during that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
    I used it on Zakuun as well and was getting very high uptime on it. On our kill I had 9 procs over 3:15 with slightly over 51% uptime on it. I noticed the proc overwriting itself fairly often.

That's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    That's pretty impressive.
    Yeah 10% damage for half the fight plus the ~650 crit/haste/mastery seems pretty sick haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post

That 51% on both trinkets, so good haha

Yes, i have. Pre-valor patch Goren was just unbeatable (Mythic Archimonde).

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    MMO Main page: "[Hotfix in testing] Damage bonuses against demons should now work correctly on Archimonde.". Guess i was wrong insisting they kept Archi as humanoid intentionally because of the trinkets, it seems they just fucked up again. Please someone theorycraft/create sim profile for those +demon trinkets.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=5

40% uptime with the trinket on Archimonde is just insane. Double dipping bonus damage on CB is sooooo good.

Hey guys, just a casual player here who just returned to the game playing destruction charred ruins atm. Right now i'm figuring out which of the trinkets to use. Currently i have Fragment of the dark star (Class trinket) upgraded to 730 ilvl and Goren Soul Repository Hc Version and the new Heirloom trinket, Orb of the something. So i was reading a lot and people suggested to use the Fragment of the dark star on fights where i can maintain the buff, now my question is since i have no better trinkets should i be using fragment for those single target fights only or just use it on every fight till i find a good trinket. Thanks for the help

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you can't keep the buff, the class trinket is useless. It all depends on your skill, guild tactics, guildies, if raid leader will allow you to nuke single target (why not go affliction then?) etc etc.

Guys, since we are now getting gear upgrades. What are your thoughts on dropping 4set for 2set for better itemization.
    4 set is pretty low proc rate. 12% is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Guys, since we are now getting gear upgrades. What are your thoughts on dropping 4set for 2set for better itemization.
    Nice, could I see your data showing that 12% is a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Nice, could I see your data showing that 12% is a lie?
    Can I see your numbers proving it is not a lie. Not like it would be accurate to real world scenario anyhow - ps thanks for constructive reply

Anyone who plays a lock will experience first-hand how little it procs you can literally go an entire fight with nothing.

But like I was saying what do you guys think on dropping tier pieces for better gear optimization, Im talking about getting to Near Bis/Bis situations

Can I see your numbers proving it is not a lie.
    Yeah that's not how that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I see your numbers proving it is not a lie. Not like it would be accurate to real world scenario anyhow - ps thanks for constructive reply

Anyone who plays a lock will experience first-hand how little it procs you can literally go an entire fight with nothing.

But like I was saying what do you guys think on dropping tier pieces for better gear optimization, Im talking about getting to Near Bis/Bis situations
    Personally I find the 4-set to be pretty strong in a variety of situations, particularly on the opener, inside of legendary ring, and during AOE. The chance of you not getting a single proc during a fight is pretty low. For example, on a 10-minute Archimonde kill recently I cast a total of 95 chaos bolts. With y representing the # of chaos bolt casts and x representing your "12% chance":

1 - ((1-x)^y) --> 1 - ((1-0.12)^95) = 0.99%

Now, given that 95 is a very high number of chaos bolts repeat probability is very high. On a short fight like Kilrogg, where you may only cast, say, 30 chaos bolts, your chance of proccing your 4-set at least once is still quite high (97%). So while I understand you may not like the 4-set itself, your claim that you can go entire encounter lengths without a single proc should be an exceedingly rare experience.

As with all things that are RNG-based (for example Piston vs. an RPPM trinket) you have to decide for yourself whether or not you value it enough to put up with it. It can be invaluable at times and the point at which it's value is lowest (pure single target) we typically play affliction anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 piece is ridiculously strong when it procs during a burn. I had cases of 3-4 for procs in a row.

I wouldn't really see how upgrades make a difference in terms of BiS gear unless there is some weird very important softcap you can get after upgrades, which i dont think is the case.

As after upgrading all your gear the power of that gear will be relative to other (nonset) gear (that can also be upgraded) the same, just 10 ilvls higher. So if a set bonus is worth using over other gear without upgrades, it should still be worth using after all gear has had +10 ilvls higher.

Oh you're one of these people, got it lol. That's not how things work in the world, bud. I just did a 5 man boss and had 4 procs of the 4p in 20 seconds. That doesn't make the proc chance 70% though.

And I have never, EVER gone an entire fight without a proc this whole tier so I'll call bullshit on that "literally go an entire fight with nothing".

As for dropping it, I think it's retarded.

4pc is BiS...replacing few items won't make or break a rank/kill, gameplay will and on fights where u might not get a process off its better to play affl anyway (short fights). U need to think about it in this way, does a bit better stats give u more damage than extra chaos bolts? Probably doesn't.