Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Let me start off by saying I do find it disgusting but Im probably going to be blasted for some of the thing Im going to say

(I could also be wrong on some things as Ive not read the bbc article just the cut out on here)

I'm just going to point out a few faults with it

1) We dont know her mental state or background at 17
    - Drug Issues
    - Bad Influences
    - Family trauma
    - Mental Health

2) We dont know her up bringing,
    - Could she have been exposed to it at a early age by other people?
    - Could she in fact have been abused herself?

3) Shes now 20, this happened at 17,
    - Did she get arrested and waiting trial at 20? or earlier?
    - Has she continued it since being 17 or has she sought help

Its very, very light on the details here, while I agree a prison sentence might not be the ideal solution, would she get help / additional help inside or just left to stew for a year then released?, the punished she was given was also to light. I'd of thought more community service, and compulsory counseling sessions, with a longer duration on the list, probably life, with maybe supervision at some areas after x amount of years.

It actually reminds me of a episode of Jeremy Kyle (Yea lets not even bash this was quite a good one). They had a "child abuser" (I use that term extremely light and loosely), it was a man and he knew in his head something wasn't right for him to like young children sexually. Let me highlight this bit He had NEVER touched a child. He did quite the opposite, he moved away to a isolated location away from all children. Attended weekly psychological programs and counseling to help him, and admitted to have what would be classed as old "Softcore" images. He openly said he doesn't thing he would ever have the heart to touch a child, but he wouldn't place anyone at risk thats why he moved and does what he does. I can't actually remember if he was signed on the list. So food for thought, would he deserve to go prison after you read the above?

Basically all I'm saying is, everything isn't made out black and white, you need to take everything into account to sort out those that can be helped and the proper sick fucks out there who need to be castrated and jailed, or jailed then castrated take your pick.

Also now to insert the initial joke I was going to make when I read the title

Yea be more lenient on abusers, move them from solitary into a public prison!

A person with mental illness commits a murder and people go "oh he shouldn't be punished but should receive psychiatric treatment".

But a person with mental illness commits a sexual crime not amounting to loss of life and people are grabbing their pitchforks, going on a witch hunt and calling for what equates to burning at the stake.

Double standards at its finest, it seems.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future