Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Stars exploit Mythic Blackhand Kill

Video here:

You will notice the Seigetanks sitting near a wall, not moving or chasing after anyone. Looks like rogues are tanking them against a wall and ignoring the mechanic entirely. Nobody else had to do this to kill the boss.

This is a clear violation of the EULA and goes against the spirit of the world race. This gives an unintended advantage for the fight, which you will notice has reduced their kill time from Method's ~10 minute kill to 8:42.

/discuss
    Last edited by CrazyDiagonal; 2015-03-07 at 05:14 PM.

They tank the tanks. (pun unintended =) ) Tanks don't "do nothing", they attack the fixated player with melee attacks
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Why would they put out a video of them exploiting. It's a bug.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    They tank the tanks. (pun unintended =) ) Tanks don't "do nothing", they attack the fixated player with melee attacks
    Doesn't appear to be tanked, looks like it stops doing it's frontal knockback on the person tanking it entirely. Still doing damage, sure, but very trivial amounts.
    Last edited by CrazyDiagonal; 2015-03-07 at 05:13 PM.

Go to Tumblr if you want to complain about meaningless things.

Deleted
    Looks more like the rogues are facetanking them and getting spam healed? At least at first glance. They still spit their fires etc.

Why do we care at this point?

Don't think this is an exploit. We also attempted this but decided to go with a different approach, this is perfectly doable to facetank. I even mentioned it as a 'joke' on finalboss but that's because I'd love to see someone pull it off. And they did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Why would they put out a video of them exploiting. It's a bug.
    An exploit is taking advantage of a bug. If they used a bug to kill the boss it's an exploit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDiagonal View Post
    Doesn't appear to be tanked, looks like it stops doing it's frontal knockback on the person tanking it entirely. Still doing damage, sure, but very trivial amounts.
    The tank doesn't have the "attack" animation, just "move", so if it stays still, it visually doesn't do anything, but the damage & knockbacks are still there. At least that's what exorsus members are telling (they also used this strat)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    An exploit is taking advantage of a bug. If they used a bug to kill the boss it's an exploit.
    Account sharing is no exploit? Kappa

How nice of you to not actually look at the video before you start spouting bullshit. You can clearly see that the rogues are tanking them at the wall.

Race is over at this point. Even if they did "exploit" something, it doesn't really matter at this stage of the game.

Think before you post.

This really is no different than Feint abuse in P3 to deal with Smash. It is just more "visible", but either way whole mechanics are trivialized by one class.

nevermind..

Not an exploit, but something that Blizzard might want to hotfix.. removes a ton of difficulty from an essential mechanic
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2015-03-07 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    The tank doesn't have the "attack" animation, just "move", so if it stays still, it visually doesn't do anything, but the damage & knockbacks are still there. At least that's what exorsus members are telling (they also used this strat)
    Yes, they are still taking a good amount of damage at times. Unlike Smash, feint does not mitigate it quite as well. Regardless, much easier to just heal them through it and make everyone else have much cleaner positioning, and fire is dumped away from them.

Doesn't look like a bug to me, more like an oversight by Blizzard. Kind of like the "safe zones" on phase 4 ragnaros.

Its still fixated on the rogue, who is sitting there taking damage, making it easy for people to get behind it with mark with minimal movement. This will be the go to strat for world 20-1000 guilds if it isn't "fixed".

feint tanking aoe mechanics has been around for awhile you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

this forum is a shithole

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-03-08 at 06:39 AM.

Sometimes im wondering what some people do with their time. Why do you care? This is insanity. I wouldnt care if they used one shot 3rd party hacks to one shot the boss. Don't you have better things to do with your time? I mean, i dont even know why i care to respond, just to point the obvious i guess