Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most likely find second hand shops, like pawn shops, craig list and stuff like that.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Can you give us a little more info? Perhaps that would help.

You said you have two jobs and pay rent, but that you don't know why your sister is let into the household and that it isn't up to you. Do you still live with your parents and just pay them rent? Because that opens up a whole new set of possibilities, as much as you probably wouldn't want to consider them. How well off are your parents? Could they have pawned it or something in a desperate situation, hoping to be able to get it back to you before you noticed? Is your sister the only other person with access to your household?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to do what this lady did.

(Prologue)

Transcript / Audio
    Last edited by Payday; 2015-03-07 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Can you give us a little more info? Perhaps that would help.

You said you have two jobs and pay rent, but that you don't know why your sister is let into the household and that it isn't up to you. Do you still live with your parents and just pay them rent? Because that opens up a whole new set of possibilities, as much as you probably wouldn't want to consider them. How well off are your parents? Could they have pawned it or something in a desperate situation, hoping to be able to get it back to you before you noticed? Is your sister the only other person with access to your household?
    Sure,

I do pay rent to my parents, (They don't really need me to pay rent, and I will be stopping once I get in college here in the next few months)
    They wouldn't sell it, they are by far better off. Yeah my sister is the only other person w/ access to the household, she just turned 18 and basically
    is a spitting image of a druggy / nolife who does nothing but smoke spice all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Try to do what this lady did.

(Prologue)

Transcript / Audio
    Checked Craigslist, not on there :/
    Last edited by Axcel; 2015-03-07 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Sure,

I do pay rent to my parents, (They don't really need me to pay rent, and I will be stopping once I get in college here in the next few months)
    They wouldn't sell it, they are by far better off. Yeah my sister is the only other person w/ access to the household, she just turned 18 and basically
    is a spitting image of a druggy / nolife who does nothing but smoke spice all day long.
    With you going off to college, you could use this as a way to get your sister help, if she really needs it. It would be a good opportunity if you can be sure that she sold it, or took it for some reason. I would ask her if she took it first, if you haven't already. Without mentioning the word "stole" if you can get her to open up about it you would save yourself a lot of trouble. Especially if your parents are unaware of the things you are, in my experience parents don't want to believe their children have a real problem, especially when it comes to health or drugs. If you could use this to allow your sister to open up, and your parents to accept that she has a problem, maybe they can get her help. Especially with you going away, things could get a lot worse.

TL;DR: Talk to your sister and try to get her to open up without putting her on the defensive.

(Sorry for the wall of text.)

Go to your sisters house and steal some of her stuff

Deleted
    I take it it could only have been her or her mates and at all other times the house is kept locked/secure?

It will be pretty obvious its either her or someone else who has unlimited access to the house that took it if there was no break in and you lock your doors when everyone is out.

You can download the "Enhanced interrogation techniques" CIA manual somewhere online and get her to confess. Is she a crack, meth or smack head?

Deleted
    If you can't afford to lose shit get it insured.

I do have to say, I laughed at people acting like this is a "blessing in disguise" or some silly nonsense.

Follow everyone's advice though, possibly tell the police if you're that desperate that your sister might of stole it?

This from reddit. Some you've done. Your sister could get in trouble though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments..._a_stolen_ps4/

1.Go file a police report. I see that you've already done this so you are in the right direction.

2.Grab your PS4 Mac address from your router. You will need this for Sony who can track down your PS4. I'll explain how later.

3.Contact Sony customer support. Here's when I became a fan boy for life. After filing a police report I decided to call Sony to see what they could do. I grabbed my Mac address from my router and gave it to them so that they could flag my machine as stolen. Yes they can do this. Once they flag it as stolen and you give them the info from the police report, they should give you a case number. Now the waiting game begins.

4.Contact the officer in charge of your case and provide them with the same info you gave Sony. Have the officer contact Sony with your case number and tell him to tell Sony to contact him/her the moment someone logs online with your PS4

5.The next time your PS4 logs online Sony will be able to trace the location via IP address. They will log it, then send the info to the officer who will then have to go and request a warrant.

6.Once the office obtains the warrant they should have full clearance to go in and retrieve the PS4 and any other stolen goods.

7.Once the PS4 is retrieved you'll have to wait a week or two for it to clear as evidence and finally you will be reunited with your system.

8.Rejoice!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Inquire about your sister or anyone who knows you won it. but unless someone had easy access to your house/room while you were away, 90% chance it was your sister.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    No one broke in, we're thinking either my sister stole it and sold it to feed her drug habit or someone she let in stole it.

I'm 20, have 2 jobs, and pay rent. -.- I can't afford to buy another one.

gg.
    No offense, but your sister should be in rehab. the fact that her drug addiction is pushing her to steal and sell should ring some sort of mental alarm for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I do have to say, I laughed at people acting like this is a "blessing in disguise" or some silly nonsense.

Follow everyone's advice though, possibly tell the police if you're that desperate that your sister might of stole it?
    You're absolutely right, how could I have been so dumb! Send your sister to jail! I'm sure your parents wont mind and the American Penal System will be sure to get her the help she needs!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're absolutely right, how could I have been so dumb! Send your sister to jail! I'm sure your parents wont mind and the American Penal System will be sure to get her the help she needs!
    then maybe she shouldn't be breaking the law.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I'm glad somehow missed the "If you're that desperate", but this response is just as good

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Because it's true. Maybe you've never had a family member who pawns off the other people's stuff for drugs (I haven't either, but I know a few), but usually they're more trouble than they're worth at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Track down the people who stole it and exact righteous retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Sure but don't you guys have a kinda "Once you're in your life is completely fucked end of no hope for you" prison system?

Not sure I'd sell out a drug-addled sister or brother over a $400 PS4 if that was the conesquence. Maybe in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm glad somehow missed the "If you're that desperate", but this response is just as good

Because it's true. Maybe you've never had a family member who pawns off the other people's stuff for drugs (I haven't either, but I know a few), but usually they're more trouble than they're worth at that point.
    ok not sure why you replied to my post when i'm agreeing with you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sure but don't you guys have a kinda "Once you're in your life is completely fucked end of no hope for you"

Not sure I'd sell out a drug-addled sister or brother over a $400 PS4 if that was the conesquence. Maybe in Europe.
    depends on what prisons you get sent to and where. some are worse than others. for this she would probably just get the local country jail even after the sentencing if this is her first offense with drugs she will probably get jail time+rehab.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your parents to buy you a new one since their drug addled child stole it from you.