Deleted

Helping our Guilds Shadow Priest.

Hello everyone,

last night we've been going through our guilds shadow priests logs, because we/she felt like her dps was a bit on the low side.
    So after we spent the whole night checking her logs out and comparing them to some high ranked parses from other players, we couldnt really find any real mistakes in her gameplay and or her understanding of the mechanics.

Because of that, we would really appreciate if some of you more experienced Shadow Priests could take a look at these logs

Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

Log with CoP
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true

and i got a log where she was testing AS for single target bosses.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true

thanks in advance

I'd highly recommend using Cascade on Beastlord and Kromog.

Her gear is about the same as mine, although she has 4 set and I only have 2 set. Cascade on beastlord will add like 5k dps. Good use of cascade and searing insanity on Kromog will add a few thousand dps. I'm far from a high ranked shadow priest, and my performance on the single target bosses is pretty similar to hers. However I'm pushing 50k dps on beastlord and >40k on Kromog.

Could tighten up her ST rotation.

For example on gruul she could have casted MB 62 times but only hit 51. On a mostly stand still and nukle fight this should be a lot closer to the 62. Comparing to my own log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=3&source=60 is casted 49 out of a possible 52, not perfect but more of what you should be seeing - I use a weak aura to make my MB CD unmissable (loud noise and flashing icon in the middle of the screen, i have to hit so i can see again )

Also if she was using Insanity to its max she would had more ticks, in my log the kill was 3:31 and I cast it 28 times with 77 ticks, in 4:10 she managed 27 casts and 74 ticks granted i have more haste but that shouldn't add up to that much of a difference - is she using dot weave correctly?

I don't use AS for ST just yet, will need a lot more crit before that becomes viable but looking at the beastlord kill SoD can sometimes be a bad choice when you have quite a few targets to DoT as you can quickly be GCD Swamped and not get the casts off you want to, for heroic I pad with insanity on the packs for the lols and in mythic i switch to Mindbender to make my life easier. Also as mentioned cascade would up her DPS a tonne!

Deleted
    Couldv'e potted a second time on iron maidens.

Halo sucks for Beastlord compared to Cascade, take it, use it, abuse it. There was also a period of about 10-15 seconds where he/she did barely any DPS and dipped as low as 5k. Huge loss of DPS there. SoD sucks for Beastlord, take either Mindbender or Insanity. 2nd pot used at the wrong time. Save it for the 20% phase. Got really unlucky on ring procs, only 9% uptime, usually much higher than that.

Got a bit unlucky on Gruul, 13% crit but I assume this is with a different set of gear. Used shards of nothing trinket at the start on Gruul with bloodlust, generally a waste for CoP spec since it brings haste values below the GCD and can screw up dotweave rotation. Should be used after the BL pretty quickly though that way you can another one off for the execute phase. Also not enough use of the reflective shield glyph.

You can probably go AS on flamebender with 20% crit or higher and 4set. DoT boss, DoT wolves and hammer guy. That being said, insanity damage is really low on this fight. You want to aim for consistency and generally at least 15% considering its not really an intense movement fight. Again, second pot used at the wrong time, always try to save it for the execute SWD phase.

Multiple periods on H&F where your Spriest dipped below 20k DPS. Although its a hard fight to maintain consistent DPS, try to limit movement to make DPS efficient. Went CoP on this fight as well, even without 4set, AS is generally much better with SoD talent. Try to get boss frames on your UI so you can easily track DoTs on the bosses.

Kromog again, 2nd pot used at the wrong time. Used before bloodlust and before execute phase, almost the worst time to use it.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-03-07 at 11:45 PM.

Just a real quick glance at Beastlord:

- Using SoD, Insanity is better on this fight
    - Using Halo, Cascade is better on this fight
    - Never applied VT to spears
    - Subsequently, damage to spears was very low - there's not even a boomkin or another spriest in the group, her damage should be godlike on spears
    - Has tier chest (presumably over someone else who needed it); chest is the slot you ignore imo since both HM and BRF offer better chests

I mean honestly, I think the advice for this player is to check logs and head over to howtopriest. Because these are not problems someone should be having if they are actively researching their class. That's to say nothing about execution problems (which I didn't look into at all).

Tier chest and legs are actually both second BiS for both item types. The difference between using tier legs or tier chest isn't too significant.