Thread: Gear decision

Gear decision

Hi, I'm unsure how worth the unholy 2 set bonus is so I'm in a dilemma

Currently I'm using a heroic casque of the iron bomber with a 50 MS gem socketed, and ilvl680 crafted shoulders with ms & mastery, and I recently got the 665 set hat and pauldrons from normal BRF, and was wondering if the set bonus is good enough to warrant going down in ilvl from those pieces.

Thanks.

P.S. sorry for not being able to provide links, site requires me to post a few times before I can.

Run both items through simcraft, use whatever comes out on top.

Still pretty new to Unholy, but from I can tell, 2 piece is pretty nice. You can basically Soul Reaper for half of the boss fight, so for half of the fight you don't really have to pool RP for DC towards the end of Dark Transformation. Its definitely a perk to immediately have 5 stacks as soon as DT is not active. As far as whether or not its an increase, as the above poster said, Sim and see what comes out on top or just experiment with both live and see if there is a difference.
    Last edited by deathdawg; 2015-03-08 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

2piece is a bit more than 2,5% dmg. The loss from the helmet is minimal, without the socket the 665 tier helmet should actually be better than a 670 casque. The 680 shoulders down to 665 is defintiely a downgrade but nothing along the lines of 2%, its probably closer to 1% overall.

I'm pretty sure that you should put on the 2pc over the offset items.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I had the mythic Casque and replaced it for heroic tier. The tier bonus is pretty sweet. Plus the itemization on some of the tier pieces are pretty good for UH.