Thread: WoD Computer

15+ Year Old Account

WoD Computer

Hello my friends.
    I'm in the market for the most cost efficient computer that meets the recommended specifications for Warlords of Draenor. The computer is intended for a second location and does not need to be able to run anything more demanding than warlords. The computer will not see enough use to warrant putting more money into it than is required. The problem is that I am severely tech impaired when it comes to hardware and have no idea how to put this stuff together myself so I was hoping one of you gentlemen or gentlewomen could assist me here.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recommended Specifications

PC:
    4 GB RAM
    Intel Core i5 2400 or AMD FX-4100 or better
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
    If a huge leap in performance can be attained by a small bump in price (say less than 10%) then that is passable.
    Bonus points if you're making a shopping list on a swedish company's website like Webhallen, Komplett or Proshop. Any other site is fine too as long as delivery to Sweden is fine without any hassle.

Thanks o/

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor (€67.90 @ Caseking)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€32.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€86.89 @ Home of Hardware DE)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€36.85 @ Home of Hardware DE)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€46.90 @ Caseking)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (€140.24 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€44.90 @ Caseking)

Total: €491.66
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-08 16:13 CET+0100

Could save some money with a cheaper mobo I guess, but this one gives you a clear upgrade path should you ever choose to do so for little extra expense. The G3258 is Haswell based and if you overclock it will spank WoW. (There's plenty of "how to" over clocking videos on youtube if you've never done it.) You could save some money on the GPU too... if you really wanted to. But it's a good price on a great card, hard to pass that up.

Does Germany ship to Sweden? I assume they do... no idea... anyways, closest I could find. Least the prices are in Euro's which should give you an idea on conversion rates.
    Last edited by ovm33; 2015-03-08 at 03:20 PM.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!