10+ Year Old Account

Proving Grounds "Savegame" situation

So I've been doing a ton of proving grounds lately (You know you're bored when...), and honestly the whole first 30 waves of any of them are just so gdamn boring to me now.

Would it be interesting/fair/neat if they added like a "Save waves" feature, where you start say...10 or 15 or even 20 waves behind where you started if you get past 30, so you don't have to start over at zero?

I realize its kind of a "Casual" "Hand me my shit!" type thing, but I am so bored of the first 30 waves of damage (well, more like 40, but thats besides the point)
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Yes!

Imo there should be a savepoint every 10 waves. I mean there are no 30 to 40 minutes encounters in the world. This scenario without a savepoint is unrealistic and burns fun fast when you come to the later waves. 100 waves is a duration of almost 2 hours. You wipe and don't want to try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean even if it shot you back 20 waves it would save me like two hours a day that I'm doing proving grounds lol :P
    You're a towel.

I only do 30 and then cba to do more casue of achievement. But your point is very valid. I dont see any reason why there shouldnt be checkpoints. I think you need to have gotten the 30 waves in order to enable the feature (so its only for those like you who enjoy it and not for me) and you drop down 20 waves, i feel like 10 would be to little.

The problem is that this means you could wait for all the cooldowns etc and start from a fresh page. Usually you have to use major cooldowns during the later waves (x7+) and I remember one of the early tanking waves being quite difficult aswell for example. The early tricky waves would become a joke in the "save" case though because all the CD's are available It wouldn't be anything near gamebreaking but still

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    The problem is that this means you could wait for all the cooldowns etc and start from a fresh page. Usually you have to use major cooldowns during the later waves (x7+) and I remember one of the early tanking waves being quite difficult aswell for example. The early tricky waves would become a joke in the "save" case though because all the CD's are available It wouldn't be anything near gamebreaking but still
    The whole thing kind of already is, there's soo much RNG involved especially in the healer one. I did it with my shaman back in MoP and one time I wiped at in the 10~'s because of unlucky chomps the next time I stopped at 47 because it felt pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked the idea of having a gong/drum that you could hit to skip the downtime of waiting for the next wave. It's not as nice as skipping ahead to wave 20, but it would save some time.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    No, I don't mean you start ten back from where you were, you would still start at something on the "Tens", so if you got to 80 (Like I did last night) and wiped to something retarded (like I did) you would get sent back to 60, not like 86 or whatever wave you wiped on ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    I've always liked the idea of having a gong/drum that you could hit to skip the downtime of waiting for the next wave. It's not as nice as skipping ahead to wave 20, but it would save some time.
    That would help to :P
    You're a towel.