Poll: Was content cut in 6.1 for the token-system?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was content in 6.1 cut because they worked on the Token-System?

So what do you think: Did they cut content in 6.1 because they worked instead on this token system.

Personally i would say yes. I wondered why there was no content in 6.1, until a few days ago when they presented the wow-token-system; and then it was clear: Instead of working on content they used their time to earn more money than they loose with a few lost customers by creating this new system. But since it would be to obvious to add it with 6.1, they simply leaved it out in 6.1 and add this feature in an small patch, that ironically is a bigger change to WoW than 6.1 itself.

Yes i know: different teams blabla, but still it would at least explain this joke of an Patch.

Personally i am not against the new token-system itself, but cutting content to work on this system... *sigh*

Doubtful. Nothing that is being added with the tokens is really new, it's just a slight reworking on existing mechanics. I really can't imagine it took much time at all to implement, they probably spent more time on the display and presentation of the system than the system itself.

Nope, its kinda the other way around: They decided they can get away with adding very little content to the game, so they add the tokens to not lose too many subscriptions. In fact, I suspect they saw a huge dip in subscriptions, then decided to rush in the tokens to make up the numbers as much as possible.
    Last edited by chupoptero; 2015-03-08 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So what do you think: Did they cut content in 6.1 because they worked instead on this token system.

Personally i would say yes. I wondered why there was no content in 6.1, until a few days ago when they presented the wow-token-system; and then it was clear: Instead of working on content they used their time to earn more money than they loose with a few lost customers by creating this new system. But since it would be to obvious to add it with 6.1, they simply leaved it out in 6.1 and add this feature in an small patch, that ironically is a bigger change to WoW than 6.1 itself.

Yes i know: different teams blabla, but still it would at least explain this joke of an Patch.

Personally i am not against the new token-system itself, but cutting content to work on this system... *sigh*
    I dunno. It's possible that some of it was reduced to compensate. The token itself was obviously very easy to design but the whole "economy" aspect with demand-based pricing and a special area of the AH obviously took resources to design.

Quote Originally Posted by chupoptero View Post
    Nope, its kinda the other way around: They decided they can get away with adding very little content to the game, so they add the tokens to not lose too many subscriptions. In fact, I suspect they saw a huge dip in subscriptions, then decided to rush in the tokens to make up the numbers as much as possible.
    I don't believe this for a second.

Lol no. I really really doubt it.

More likely, they're trying to stick to their yearly release schedule so their focus has been on 6.2 and finishing up the expansion so they can announce it 1-2 months after 6.2.

Deleted
    http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.co...4&d=1374487660

Infracted, removed the IMG coding.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-03-09 at 09:29 AM.

No, that's a completely ridiculous statement.

Consider BRF 6.1 content, they simply released it a bit earlier than the models because it was finished and ready to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. It was cut because they have a lot fewer people working on WOW than they claim to. WOW is on the back burner and all the focus is on Overwatch now. WOD itself was released about 8 months before it was ready. Everything in 6.1 was supposed to be launch content.

The token itself no.
    Blizzard is too busy to nerf gold drop in old content. YES !!!!!!

Blizzard is busy with other games.
    Do you know hearthstone will get a new expansion next month?
    3 expansion in 1.5 year !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The token itself no.
    Blizzard is too busy to nerf gold drop in old content. YES !!!!!!

Blizzard is busy with other games.
    Do you know hearthstone will get a new expansion next month?
    3 expansion in 1.5 year !!!!
    You can't be comparing Hearthstone Expansions to WoW Expansions, or did i read it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    No. It was cut because they have a lot fewer people working on WOW than they claim to. WOW is on the back burner and all the focus is on Overwatch now. WOD itself was released about 8 months before it was ready. Everything in 6.1 was supposed to be launch content.
    Do you have any proof of this or you are just pulling this out of your... you know. Also, WoD was release 4 months after it's was suppose to be release... 8 more months would have been an disaster... and why 8 months, what is so missing? Maybe a month or two on the beta so to fix what they have hotfix with real patch.

If no, I can do the same.

I think there are actually too many people working on WoW right now, as they said themselves, they have boost the amount of people working on the game. Too many cook will spoil the soup and 9 woman won't make baby in a month. You bring more people hoping they are gonna help but you only end up using the time of your senior to form the new people and correcting the mistake they make. You hope they are gonna bring the part you are giving them in time but they keep screwing up.

If I'm correct, they have two options, keep those and hope they will not destroy everything and actually help the game or cause more delay or you lay off those that just don't do the job.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Doubt that. Probably just not overly concerned with delivering any additional content.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much tinfoil does it take to amass this level of conspiracy? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisato View Post
    No, that's a completely ridiculous statement.

Consider BRF 6.1 content, they simply released it a bit earlier than the models because it was finished and ready to go.
    They have literally said since early beta months before launch that BRF was not 6.1 content.

Deleted
    I don't think the token system took that many resources away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people actually think this way? "They add this one thing, so they wouldn't have to add that other thing"?

People really have no clue how games are made these days.

Remind me again What "announced" content was cut? Not content that was "planned, but never officially announced" for 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think the token system took that many resources away.
    See, even Nindoriel thinks it didn't!

Seriously though, no.

No, there's no evidence anything was cut for 6.1. If you want to say 6.1 is lacking in content, I'll join ya. But I don't see anything being cut.

Regardless, I cannot imagine the token took up any development time.

Though I do find these threads funny because they always combine 2 things: "Blizzard does 2 things I don't like. Must be related!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    See, even Nindoriel thinks it didn't!

Seriously though, no.
    What can I say, I'm a reasonable guy.