Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So you have no frame of reference here, you're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie...

But seriously don't be an asshole, read what people are saying or keep quiet.

Be more emo about it.

Infracted. Post constructively.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2015-05-31 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bennett literally signed a new deal last year, and now he wants another one? Wtf is going on in seattle
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Bennett literally signed a new deal last year, and now he wants another one? Wtf is going on in seattle
    Lynch effect
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Lynch effect
    I'm just here so I get a new contract, boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynch effect
    More like Suh and Watt effect.

But no way Bennett deserves that much. Lots of pass rush depth on the roster already. They just need to stay healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give him a contract that clears all the guaranteed money in the first couple years and then cut him like the Eagles did with Jackson. Guys that wants a new contract every year are ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give him a contract that clears all the guaranteed money in the first couple years and then cut him like the Eagles did with Jackson. Guys that wants a new contract every year are ridiculous.
    Or trade him.

- - - Updated - - -

Panthers are gonna pay Cam Newton 5 years 100m most likely. RIP any chance of signing Wilson this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you have hopes Newton would get less than $20 mil annually?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the more problematic rumour about the contract for the Seahawks is that apparently Newton's contract has a VERY large amount of guarantees. If Newton is getting most of his contract guaranteed, that means Wilson will strengthen his case to have his with a load of guarantees as well. That might be problematic for the Seahawks.

Thing I hate about the NFL deals is that every year the next QB is trying to one up the previous QB who got a deal, even if they a worse player.

And no, Im not implying Wilson is worse than Newton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Thing I hate about the NFL deals is that every year the next QB is trying to one up the previous QB who got a deal, even if they a worse player.

And no, Im not implying Wilson is worse than Newton
    It certainly was that way, but its been encouraging to see some sanity prevail in Kaepernick and Dalton's contracts which were structured more wisely. Even the Tannehill contract has its guarantees on the front end so they could cut or restructure before the $20 mil cap hits start coming. I expect the same with Wilson, guaranteed money early with smaller cap hits, big salary later when they aren't paying Lynch any more.

Of course it took the Manning to Denver deal to spur the others on, Brees, Ryan, Flacco. So it will probably be as bad as ever when the first big one drops as everyone goes to surpass Newton.

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers aren't gonna be able to extend Weddle or Rivers in all likelihood. Gonna come to LA with a gutted team. Hopefully Gordon will be good.
    Last edited by draynay; 2015-06-01 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers aren't gonna be able to extend Weddle or Rivers in all likelihood. Gonna come to LA with a gutted team. Hopefully Gordon will be good.
    Err, wut? Why the hell not? I've not seen the Chargers make splashy moves on free agents, have they just mismanaged their roster THAT badly that they have no room to extend Rivers? That would be exceedingly stupid.

Even then, I'd get rid of whatever bloated contracts I spent on less important players and concentrate on keeping Rivers on board. Cut who you have to, but keep Rivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think Rivers is really even interested is staying there even more so with the possibility of LA on the horizon.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought San Diego was making a new stadium
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Absolutely, if the Panthers actually pony up and give a QB with more losses than wins 20 million a year its gonna set the stage for every starting quarterback who makes it to a second contract to make that same figure. I know people won't think this is popular, but i'm a Ravens who is very comfortable with the organization paying Flacco 20 million a year, but i'd rather it not exceed that. Flacco is gonna get a new contract again next year and i'd prefer to keep these figures down a bit, even with the hugely expanding salary cap.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallcorr View Post
    snip.
    Ravens usually do a decent job retooling, but losing Haloti Ngata in a division with bell, benard, and hill* kinda sucks.

*Fantasy pick for a beast season.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Ravens usually do a decent job retooling, but losing Haloti Ngata in a division with bell, benard, and hill* kinda sucks.

*Fantasy pick for a beast season.
    Ngata is the player i'm least worried about losing. The Ravens do a great job of letting players go at the right time (sans Anquan Boldin) We have tremendous depth along the D-line and are extremely young with Brandon Williams, Timmy Jernigan, and now our 3rd rounder Carl Davis.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I thought he wouldn't get signed till next year.

Hes a good QB IMO. Right there with Wilson. Maybe more athletic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought San Diego was making a new stadium
    If they stay in SD then Rivers stays, if they leave he is probably gone.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I were Rivers, I'd test the FA waters. SD really hasn't done much for him the last few years. Their best chance was with LT but the Patriots put a stop to that. However, I gave Rivers all the credit in the world for playing hurt that game.