10+ Year Old Account
    Janikowski has a 151/158 record on attempts from 33 or closer, I don't see the Raiders having issues.

So this off season the Raiders let their CBs test free agency, it wasn't a stellar class, but Chimdi Chekwa ended up being picked up by the Patriots. Which was good for them because they have probably the lightest dback roster in the league.

Patriots just cut Chekwa, who resigned for Oakland. I'm not exactly sure who you guys have back there now, but it's not looking healthy for the Patriots D.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...huge-huge-huge

Maybe he should tell his defense to deflate NE rushing avg against indy the last 3 match-ups.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So this off season the Raiders let their CBs test free agency, it wasn't a stellar class, but Chimdi Chekwa ended up being picked up by the Patriots. Which was good for them because they have probably the lightest dback roster in the league.

Patriots just cut Chekwa, who resigned for Oakland. I'm not exactly sure who you guys have back there now, but it's not looking healthy for the Patriots D.
    We used his roster spot to sign Spikes, so we get even better in teh front 7. We were still thin at LB with Hightower and Mayo rehabbing. Chekwa was a special teamer/ 5th corner for NE, so he's no great loss from a quality perspective. Depth at CB is getting thin now though. Doubt we'll go into the season without adding more people at CB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...huge-huge-huge

Maybe he should tell his defense to deflate NE rushing avg against indy the last 3 match-ups.
    I could say a lot of terrible things about Jim Irsay, but I won't. I just hope we wipe the floor with the Colts that day, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loading the front 7 to compensate for a weak secondary doesn't always work, we learned that one last season.

Get the feeling it's going to bite us again this year if Hayden and Carrie don't step up.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting article that brings up some scenarios to do with the extra point/kicking changes: http://www.footballzebras.com/2015/05/19/12733/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting article that brings up some scenarios to do with the extra point/kicking changes: http://www.footballzebras.com/2015/05/19/12733/
    1. I'm pretty sure the rule will just let them do it from the one. It needs to be addressed, but it's not a big deal because it will likely go that way.
    2. Ha. I thought I was the only one who knew about the dropkick. Also, it's worth two points if I recall.
    4. It's less likely that a game will be decided on a missed extra point, than it is teams winning on more two-point conversions. the conversion itself hasn't changed, but teams will be trying more. It goes along with the college rule in overtime, where the third overtime, teams have to start going for two after touchdowns, which I never understood.
    5. I don't know, college isn't complaining.
    7. Good. Stop treating them like pariahs and give em a little more money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    4. It's less likely that a game will be decided on a missed extra point, than it is teams winning on more two-point conversions. the conversion itself hasn't changed, but teams will be trying more. It goes along with the college rule in overtime, where the third overtime, teams have to start going for two after touchdowns, which I never understood.
    Just escalating things to finish the game faster. Like sudden death in Smash Bros where bombs start raining from the sky the longer people stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    7. Good. Stop treating them like pariahs and give em a little more money.
    What? They're saying that this makes it harder for kickers to reach incentives, and is a bonus for owners being able to pay less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We used his roster spot to sign Spikes, so we get even better in teh front 7. We were still thin at LB with Hightower and Mayo rehabbing. Chekwa was a special teamer/ 5th corner for NE, so he's no great loss from a quality perspective. Depth at CB is getting thin now though. Doubt we'll go into the season without adding more people at CB.

- - - Updated - - -

I could say a lot of terrible things about Jim Irsay, but I won't. I just hope we wipe the floor with the Colts that day, again.
    I'll say the terrible things about irsay! The only reason he's not in the penitentiary is because he is rich! If I got pulled over high as a kite with that much money and drugs if he in jail for ten years.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/Luck?src=hash

“Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it”

#nodefense
    You cared enough to post.

Dareus suspended for the first game of the season. /sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Broncos defender being investigated for a sex crime. No charges or anythin yet.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sam going to Canada.

Kind of an ugly year for him, maybe he'll do some growing up.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had kind of hoped he'd do well at first because there would be some scrutiny and I like when the smaller players make a name for themselves in the NFL. But when I heard he was trying to get a show on the Oprah network before he'd even played a snap, I was done with him then.

Sam going to Canada.

Kind of an ugly year for him, maybe he'll do some growing up.
    I really hope he does well. I kind of figured he'd get signed up here.

10+ Year Old Account

NY Post on Michael Sam

http://nypost.com/2015/05/22/michael...-signs-in-cfl/

"Michael Sam puts NFL history on hold"

LMFAO talk about a outright lie in a story title.

Ok...this is funny, before he openly announced he was gay Sam was projected to be a 3-4th round pick and was a solid player in college. He did not put the NFL on hold, THEY put him on hold.

I truly believe had he never announced he was gay he would be on some teams roster. The man killed his chances. But I guess good in him for airing out his personal business to the whole world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the media's fault, they pushed the agenda which brought undue attention onto a guy who should have been a second string player no one knows by name, which then created problems for teams to deal with, which made having him not worth it. Which is why going to Canada makes sense, as his skill level stands up out there, and the attention would probably be a positive instead of a negative.

"LBGT media agenda pushes first openly gay player out of the big leagues" is what the story should be.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I have to disagree. Every year coaches lose their jobs and the players on the team do not play up to par. The media and us as consumers listen to the hype from the media and buy into that crap. if a coach thought he could help the team win then he would be on the team period. He was predicted to be a 4th round guy before he announced he was gay by SOME. many more had him a late round flyer and 2 things really hurt his chances. His play at the senior bowl showed many that he could not play outside linebacker and his showing at the combine was horrible. He finished among the worst at his position in most drills.

I am not saying that him being gay did not hurt him with SOME teams. But it also thrust him into the spotlight. The fact of the matter is nobody would even care nor know if he was cut if he never came out as openly gay. he would have been nothing more then a late round flyer that did not work out like the hundreds of others in his position.

He got drafted by the rams who had one of the deepest defensive lines in the NFL and ended up with the defensive rookie of the year who also played DEFENSIVE LINE. If Michael Sam was thought to actually be able to help a team win and beat out the current players then an NFL team would have come calling. NFL coaches do not have time to buy into the hype you do reading all the media stories. He was slow,weak, and to small to play where he wanted to in the NFL.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's up to Adrian, really. He's the guy you should ask ... We'd like all our players here. It's the voluntary time of year right now and it's his decision in what he wants to do.- Zimmer

This is cruel and unusual punishment. If minn had any class they would do the right thing and trade #28 to a team with a pulse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    It's up to Adrian, really. He's the guy you should ask ... We'd like all our players here. It's the voluntary time of year right now and it's his decision in what he wants to do.- Zimmer

This is cruel and unusual punishment. If minn had any class they would do the right thing and trade #28 to a team with a pulse.
    I realize you are just saying this to be a dick because its a team in your division, blah blah blah, but what you are saying makes no sense.

What "Team with a pulse" Do you think he should go to for that price? Are you aware of how old he is?

If green bay had any class they would suspend aaron rogers for liking his footballs overinflated, just because the league refuses to do anything to them because they are not the patriots does not mean its not cheating.

And that statement makes as much or more sense as what you are saying. If you are going to try to talk shit, perhaps at least make sense. Make fun of our record last year. Make fun of our coach. But saying we "have no pulse" makes no fucking sense.

I realize you probably think I am mad in saying that, but I'm not; I'm just shaking my head at the one terrible packers fan I've ever heard talk. At least most of them are classy.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do they not have a pulse? They went 7-9 without their best player or their starting QB, behind a new HC and a rookie QB, all while being in the same division as 2 playoff teams good enough to fight for the #2 seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.