10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    When you run your mouth all year and dance around and show people up you can bet people will be happy he lost. Shit, Seattle beat Green Bay last year in one of the most crushing losses I have ever watched. I did not say a word about Wilson after that game because he handles himself with class.
    Brett Favre's entire career was an excessive celebration too. You probably didnt notice being a packer fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    jesus

the fuck hit him?
    He got injured against the Cardinals 2 weeks ago. It wasn't an especially bad looking play when it happened.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great defensive showing in the bowl. Always refreshing to see. Great to see Peyton going out a winner.

Looking forward to the next season as a Lions fan, I'm calling a buck to their trend of having two bad seasons for every play off one and they make the big dance this year, likely as a wild card team behind the usual cheeseheads. Expect Staff to continue to grow with Bob Cooter offensively and Golden Tate to take over as top dog if Megatron isn't back, having himself a career year.
    Last edited by Grapefruitsnz; 2016-02-08 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBg5N8Ci_Fe/

Holy fucking shit, thats what Thomas Davis played through. Tad bit unsafe for people sensitive to injury related stuff.
    ... A lot of respect to him, that is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He got injured against the Cardinals 2 weeks ago. It wasn't an especially bad looking play when it happened.
    Your earlier post clarified it; wasn't aware that was a plate scar. Thought something had somehow shredded his arm

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, NFL is going to be drooling over themselves for this one: Broncos play the opening game for next season, at home, as is customary for the Superbowl winner (Unless you are the Ravens) and their home schedule for next year includes....The Panthers. They could do a Superbowl re-match on opening day.

Broncos also play Patriots and Colts at home, so those are options as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just excited for Dallas - Bengals.

*taunts Bigzo*

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the highlights. Apparently it was the "knock the ball out of the quarterback's moving arm" Bowl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, NFL is going to be drooling over themselves for this one: Broncos play the opening game for next season, at home, as is customary for the Superbowl winner (Unless you are the Ravens) and their home schedule for next year includes....The Panthers. They could do a Superbowl re-match on opening day.

Broncos also play Patriots and Colts at home, so those are options as well.
    won't be the same without Peyton, almost certain he'll retire.

Newton wasn't ready for this game, he's still young and doesn't understand the commitment and sacrifice needed to put it all on the line. That never spoke more loudly then late 4th quarter when he decided to kick the ball rather then throw his body on it. They could have actually won the Super Bowl if he had full commitment and recovered that ball, then drive the field for a TD. Even when running for first downs and other examples he would slide early, the fight wasn't there or high enough to get in the trenches and battle for every yard.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2016-02-08 at 06:36 AM.

Nice to see Peyton Manning win the Superbowl in what was likely his last game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nice to see Peyton Manning win the Superbowl in what was likely his last game.
    Apparently his wife told a reporter that she wants Peyton to retire. We'll see what he thinks in a few weeks, cause there's no reason to rush this decision and have it overshadow everything his team has accomplished. If he retires all the narratives would be about him, tomorrow and from here on out. By not saying anything he lets the whole team be celebrated and get credit for their accomplishments. And then in a few weeks time when the dust has settled he can announce his retirement and the whole circus that will accompany that will get underway, but it won't take anything away from his team mates anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Hi. I'm right here. Waiting in the wings. Waiting to watch Cam Newton get picked off on the opening drive.
    Well, wasn't quite their opening drive but he did get picked off and to add to the fun he got taken down so so many times and Von Miller killed it. So happy he got MVP!

Sat at a bar tonight and watched the game. I was utterly disappointed in the way Cam played tonight, he seemed far too nervous and he crumbled under pressure. Bronco's defense was on par as usual and Cam just couldn't handle it. It was a fantastic game though and I enjoyed watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Manning is just making sure the focus remains on his team for winning and will do his announcement once the celebration has died down. I say give it month.

10+ Year Old Account
    DING DING DING DING DING OFFSEASON ALERT

For the football junkies among us things in the NFL work like royalty transition, the old season is dead, long live the new season. With that in mind, the agenda for the coming month or so, up till shortly before the Free Agency period begins:

February 8
    2016 waiver system begins.

Basically starting on the morning after the Superbowl every player with less than 4 accrued seasons** that gets cut will go down the list of teams in end of year standings order (with the team picking no. 1 overall in the Draft being the first and the Superbowl winner being the last) before becoming a free agent. If a player does not get claimed on the Waiver wire after being cut he becomes a normal free agent. Any player with more than 4 accrued seasons will immediately become a normal free agent and will be able to sign with any team right away. (not to be confused with players who's contracts run out, who must wait till March 9th before they can sign with another team)

**(An accrued season is when a player has been on an active NFL roster for at least 6 games)

With every team now done with the season you can expect teams to start making personnel moves in earnest now. All the teams will start with activating all their current Reserve/Injured players and otherwise inactive players the day after the Superbowl and in the days after that you will start getting the transactions of players who the teams no longer want on the team or who teams want to sign for the new year. There will also be contracts that expire, people who failed physicals or otherwise get their contract terminated and renegotiated contracts to start making cap adjustments.

February 16

First day for teams to designate a franchise or transition player.

Tuesday next week is when players can start getting the Franchise Tag (Helllllllllooooooooooo Von Miller) as well as the Transition Tag.

This is a pretty nice list of players that are priority free agents, some of whom will most surely get the franchise tag if the team is not sure that they can be signed long term before free agency starts: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/free-ag...232940482.html

February 23-29
    The NFL scouting combine will be held in Indianapolis.

2 weeks from today is when the Scouting Combine starts, which some people hate (cause it mostly shows who can run fast in a straight line, and overly sells that part) and some people love (cause it's a great way to get aquainted with the players coming up in the draft this year). It's where a lot of prospective rookies come and make or lose a lot of money based on their pure measurables and make or lose even more money based on their (sadly undisclosed) team interviews. To be a fly on the wall in some of those rooms!

March 1
    As of 3pm CT, teams can no longer designate a franchise or transition player.

3 weeks from today is the last day that players can be assigned the Franchise or Transition Tag, and it's usually shortly before then that most of the players get assigned the tag. After that day we will know the full Free Agent class, which brings us to...

March 7th:

Start of legal tampering period and the start of crazy rumor period, and also start of the new season thread. Come hang out when it still smells all fresh and new!

That's about it for the coming weeks, hope to see you there!

10+ Year Old Account
    When does the board of governors(or owners or whatever they call it) get together with the commish to discuss possible rule changes and such?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    When does the board of governors(or owners or whatever they call it) get together with the commish to discuss possible rule changes and such?
    Good question! Should be discussed March 20-23 The NFL owners meetings will be held in Boca Raton, Florida. I think this is the meeting where they'll collect and discuss all the different ideas.

There should be another meeting in May 19-21: 2014 Owners Spring meeting, Atlanta, Georgia. This second one is where the actual changes will be voted on I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question! Should be discussed March 20-23 The NFL owners meetings will be held in Boca Raton, Florida.

There should be another meeting in May 19-21: 2014 Owners Spring meeting, Atlanta, Georgia. This second one is where the actual changes will be voted on I believe.
    Cool cool. Something to look forward to(or dread depending on what is proposed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Cool cool. Something to look forward to(or dread depending on what is proposed).
    Well, most importantly the league only allowed the extra point rules for the 2015-2016 season, so they are definitely going to discuss those again. I think these will stay the way they were though. I think people enjoyed the extra length extra points.

Belichick will bitch about wanting end zone cameras again, and wanting to have every play reviewable and challengeable. Same as usual.

There were no creative plays from the Patriots this year so I doubt the league has anything to complain about in that sense.

They'll probably look at the catch rule (again).

I just read there was a proposal to change overtime rules to make both teams have possession at least once by the Bears last year. Given how cranky Green Bay fans were after they didn't get a chance to possess the ball in the playoffs this year, I'm thinking this proposal will pop up again, maybe with more support this year.

Not sure what else the league could look at or is interested in.