Warlock pet on Mythic Gruul

Hello,

We finally killed Mythic Gruul today, but there is something that bothers me ALOT. My pet kept dying midways in the fight from AoE. Am I supposed to use my time on healing my pet? This is just happening with my pet, and none of the others in the team. You guys have the same experience?

I had a similar experience with Butcher where my pet kept dying. Check to see if you are using Soul Link, I may be wrong but I feel like the shared damage from the talent is not responding well to abilities that split with players (like the Inferno Slice from Gruul). Once I swapped talents reluctantly it seemed to work fine. As a note as well I tried moving my Terrorguard into the ranged group to see if it was just being caught in the AOE slice from Butcher, but that had no effect on keeping him alive. Hope this helps, and hopefully we aren't the only ones having this fun problem.

I didnt think about that. I just feel like the Glyphed Resolve + Soul link is amazing for the plauer this fight. I can soak smashes and still have 15% hp left But yeah. Lost so much dps during my kill since my pet died as I popped DS +Potion +Racial

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zloppy View Post
    Hello,

We finally killed Mythic Gruul today, but there is something that bothers me ALOT. My pet kept dying midways in the fight from AoE. Am I supposed to use my time on healing my pet? This is just happening with my pet, and none of the others in the team. You guys have the same experience?
    It happened to me a few times.
    You need to manually remove your pet from circle AoE zones and it should be OK.

It happens to me no mather were i placed it and moved it. Used to place it on the wooden area close to the walls. Guess it was my spirit link

Both the reason and the solution are really simple.
    Doomguards, assuming that was your pet, lack Avoidance for some reason, thus getting completely annihilated on fights like Gruul or Maidens. To counter this ( well at least on Gruul) I just use Soul Leech, sure you give up DR but with the shield you will never have to worry about your pet unless you fuck something up extremely badly.
    IF your pet still happens to die the use the glyphed Health Funnel and sacrifice a global for pet health.

Soul leech doesn't solve the problem I almost exclusively run Soul Leech and Soul Link and have had the Doomguards die on a few fights. Somethings broken I can't tell what, but Wrathguard/Felguard I never have to look at pet HP other pets its an issue.

Doomguards, assuming that was your pet, lack Avoidance for some reason, thus getting completely annihilated on fights like Gruul or Maidens. To counter this ( well at least on Gruul) I just use Soul Leech, sure you give up DR but with the shield you will never have to worry about your pet unless you fuck something up extremely badly.
    The Doomguards lacking avoidance problem was hotfixed months ago. In fact looking at my spellbook they actually patched the icon in with 6.1. All pets died on Maidens because the turrets could stack their dot on them and wreck them. Avoidance only applies to aoe abilities and not things like that. The issue is that regular doomguards have crap all for HP compared to other pets. This makes it so they can't soak as much from soul link before biting the dust. A buff to their hp to put them in line with other pets is probably coming soon.

no doomguards do not have avoidance at the moment hence they are pretty weak against aoe dmg. just make sure they dont get hit with anything too much on gruul.

With Soul Link I am finding my Doomguard occasionally dies on Gruul. I just meta insta summon a new one and move on.

I had this same issue with my Doomguard dying as well. Simply put, Soul Link doesn't do enough healing to your pet to mitigate the amount of damage it takes on healing intensive fights. Additionally, our baseline pets only have 45% of our health (without our 10% Stam bonus), and I was under the impression they were supposed to have 50%. From what I remember, this has been an issue for me on Mythic Gruul and Oregorger (during P1). I ended up swapping to Sac Pact because the 20% DR wasn't worth the pet survivability headache.

The avoidance issue has been fixed, but if you take Soul Link it seems you will just have to use the glyphed Health Funnel to keep your pet alive. It would be nice if the healing component of Soul Link could be buffed, if only to our pet to improve our QoL here.

Side grievance - 4.5 second resummon or 1/4th of our secondary resources for instant resummon is awful. Mage pet is around 1 second and the Hunter pets are the same (plus 30 focus). As a pet class, there shouldn't be this much of a hassle around our pets. Having such a huge cost to letting our pets die should warrant them being at least slightly harder to kill...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    With Soul Link I am finding my Doomguard occasionally dies on Gruul. I just meta insta summon a new one and move on.
    At the cost of 200 fury? No thanks. Just suffer the loss of 20% passive DR and go Sac Pact

Deleted
    I didn't have any issues with my pet (doomguard) dying on Gruul. I generally use sacrificial pact instead of soullink, especially on Gruul with Inferno Slice which really hurts my character and my soul.
    If you can't fix your problem with changing talents, try to blackmail a healer maybe..