Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    sounds stupid but... recount update?!?

Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    It was a rough comparison, I know. It's pretty pointless trying to compare AMD and Intel CPUs lately. But they are, at least in synthetic benchmarks, very close in performance... Which often times, means nothing in real world situations... But anyways.
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...X6-Black-1090T
    Erghh.. not for most games, they aren't. What matters most is single-threaded performance, and that 1090T, like almost every other modern AMD product, has poor IPC and poor single-threaded performance.

I mean - look at the benchmark you liked; it takes 6 cores to still lose in all categories to a 4-core Intel part.

Single threaded performance:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Core i5 2500K - 1895
    Pheon II X6 1090T - 1225

Its 30% slower single-threaded (at stock clocks) (more precisely, it delivers 64% of the performance of the i5)

The CPU IS a bottleneck in his system - but it shouldnt be stolidly sticking at 30fps no matter what - that seems like, somewhere, somehow, some kind of Vsync or framerate cap is on.

Remove the remaining 2gb memory stick.
    Is your wow folder installed on an HDD? Try defragging it. Don't defrag if it is installed on an SSD.
    Download Ccleaner and run registry repair.

Try to move or rename the WTF folder in your wow folder. It contains local settings from addons etc.
    Delete the Cache folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojumonkey View Post
    LOL this made me laugh a little. How do some people survive walking across the street without getting run over?

I have an HP Pavilion g series I bought from Walmart 4 years ago and it gets 30 fps.

Can all you retards stop telling him his CPU is bottle necking in a way that has anything to do with a 30 fps problem...
    Is that Hp Pavillion g series and intel or AMD system. His system is most certainly bottlenecking at the CPU. The evidence is clear. All the other games he plays, which are not MMOs or CPU bound run fine. As soon as he runs WoW, which is CPU bound because it's primary thread can only be run on a single core, he has issues. Knowing that even older intel chips can run more IPC(Instructions per cycle) than modern AMD chips, and that he is running an older AMD chip(that I used up until very recently myself, so know exactly what it is capable of), you can easily see the CPU is most certainly the issue.

So not only to you attmept to insult someone but then prove your own ignorance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Is that Hp Pavillion g series and intel or AMD system. His system is most certainly bottlenecking at the CPU. The evidence is clear. All the other games he plays, which are not MMOs or CPU bound run fine. As soon as he runs WoW, which is CPU bound because it's primary thread can only be run on a single core, he has issues. Knowing that even older intel chips can run more IPC(Instructions per cycle) than modern AMD chips, and that he is running an older AMD chip(that I used up until very recently myself, so know exactly what it is capable of), you can easily see the CPU is most certainly the issue.

So not only to you attmept to insult someone but then prove your own ignorance.
    stop telling him his CPU is bottle necking in a way that has anything to do with a 30 fps problem...
    Read what I said at the very least. At least I read what people write before I insulted them and got an infraction... There is no way that cpu is bottle necking at 30 fps in any graphic setting he tries. That's not how bottle necking works. He definitely has an issue that is plainly not bottle necking. When someone goes to the doctor because they think they have te flu and the doctor says well you have a fever, but not the flu it doesn't mean he said you weren't suck. Apparently on this board we can give bad advice and report people for calling us out on it. I barely post here but have been a long time MMOC reader but I think I'll go get my wow updates elsewhere. Stop giving bad advice if you don't know what your talking about.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    It was a rough comparison, I know. It's pretty pointless trying to compare AMD and Intel CPUs lately. But they are, at least in synthetic benchmarks, very close in performance... Which often times, means nothing in real world situations... But anyways.
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...X6-Black-1090T
    CPUboss.com is a garbage comparison: http://anandtech.com/bench/product/146?vs=288

Take note the single threaded performance (which is what WoW is going to rely on).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The CPU IS a bottleneck in his system - but it shouldnt be stolidly sticking at 30fps no matter what - that seems like, somewhere, somehow, some kind of Vsync or framerate cap is on.
    Agree with this. Not personally at OP's computer to see the problem nor does he offer much, but if the FPS is literally just capped at 30 then some sort of VSYNC issue or FPS cap issue exists. A complete reinstall of WoW and resettings all NVIDIA settings may help knock out any possible hidden settings made. If it's hovering around 30 and occasionally going over or just not even coming close to 30 at all then it's just plain CPU.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I can get over 200 fps on my EVGA GTX 970, im pretty sure you dont have a graphics card problem unless yours in defective.
    I would direct my attention to your weird ram configuration and i hate AMD cpu's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Which game ? some are hard capped at 30 fps /looking at you ubisoft
    Hahahaha. Wait until Witcher 3 is released, I hear it's also capped at 30 fps on the PC cuz that console butt needs to be licked.

Im sorry, not trying to be rude, but respectfully, some suggestions in this thread seem a little silly.

In addition to running the game, The CPU is also responsible for how efficiently your GPU can interface with the rest of the system.

The OP should get in game with the 970 and pull up task manager. If the entire load of the CPU is greater than 50% with nothing but the game running, then you are bottlenecking your CPU which leaves little room for the GPU. In my case, with only the game running; my E8400 was pinning my CPU at 80% at all times.

I just ran into this exact problem. I was running an old nForce mobo with a E8400. When I purchased my 970, my FPS was no greater than 45fps because of the overhead that was being cause by pairing a really fast GPU with my piss poor CPU.

I have since upgraded to an i7 with 2400mhz ram and have actually had to limit the upper end FPS that warcraft will use to 80fps.

If I leave the game uncapped; I can pull 200+ fps consistently at any time. (BTW, if you reach these levels of FPS with a new setup, beware of coil whine with the 970. Thats another reason why i wanted to limit the FPS to 80. My card whined for about a day while I was running Heaven and Valley. I let Valley run for 3 days and havnt had coil-whine since.)

When I purchased the new mobo, CPU, and RAM; i essentially pulled out all the stops and let my GPU fly.

Now, I cap my fps to 80 simply because my monitor is not fast enough to keep up; and I would rather the GPU utilize its additional free'ed up horsepower for situations when I want smooth gameplay instead of maxed out FPS.... like when you pull a boss. I dont need 200 FPS (100% GFX Card utilization) when you pull a boss as 80 is indistinguishable from 200. They are both smooth as water.

With my settings I can pull a boss in a 25 man BRF raid consistently at 80fps without a single micro-stutter or slow down. It stays capped out at 80 with everything on ultra. I have even gone a bit farther by upping some of the cvars in config.wtf.

hxxps // unigine com /products/valley/
    hxxps // unigine com /products/heaven/

-Mind

- - - Updated - - -

I should also point out that while in game now with the upgrade to the E8400.. my total CPU utilization went from 80%+ to 12% in raid.

Another IMPORTANT piece of information is the improvements to WoWs tech.

With the release of WoD, many improvements went into the game so that in Dreanor zones the computer will use Multi Core Processing more extensively.

You should go to a Vanilla zone and check your FPS.

If its higher than your FPS in Dreanor, then thats another clue to you that your CPU cannot handle the load anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like your X6 1090T is over 10 years old.

Time to upgrade.

Memory speed matters too. The 1090T is limited to DDR3 1333MHZ (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenom_II). The CPU's speed and power are both fine for WoW, but between being limited to 1333MHZ and possibly lower depending on that spare chip, and PCI-express 2.0 on AMD chipsets, you're not going to see the numbers you expect out of that card at the settings you want to use in WoW.

Either go Intel or upgrade to an AMD FX-8350 with the DDR3-1833MHZ RAM your board supports.

P.S. Check the config.wtf and make sure you don't have an artificial limitation set there.

Deleted
    The first run of the series of his CPU were not released until 2008. Not 10 years ago.

Erghh.. not for most games, they aren't. What matters most is single-threaded performance, and that 1090T, like almost every other modern AMD product, has poor IPC and poor single-threaded performance.

I mean - look at the benchmark you liked; it takes 6 cores to still lose in all categories to a 4-core Intel part.

Single threaded performance:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Core i5 2500K - 1895
    Pheon II X6 1090T - 1225

Its 30% slower single-threaded (at stock clocks) (more precisely, it delivers 64% of the performance of the i5)

This is pretty good advice...

It is ikely that he had his settings hard capped at 30 fps, or a vsync issue, or some other small silly thing. If he turned his graphics completely down and isn't getting 120 fps with that setup then something else is wrong.. why do people recommend you go spend money or "go intel". Seriously do you really think they post here for that kind of advice? They can get that advice at Best Buy...

DISCLAIMER: NOT DIRECTING WHAT I SAY AT ANYONE SPECIFICALLY. Just want him to know he is getting bad advice and he should seek professional help. Don't report me because your feelings are hurt by what I've said.
    Last edited by mmocf2cb425476; 2015-03-09 at 10:40 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    hi if your guna stick with amd you can go for a 8350 or a 8320 but you will need a good cpu cooler to keep that thing cold. Imo i would go for thw amd 6300 it will sit in that mobo lovely and you can overclock that too

Quote Originally Posted by Sojumonkey View Post
    This is pretty good advice...

DISCLAIMER: NOT DIRECTING WHAT I SAY AT ANYONE SPECIFICALLY. Just want him to know he is getting bad advice and he should seek professional help. Don't report me because your feelings are hurt by what I've said.
    It doesn't matter if anyone feelings were hurt or not. It is against forum rules to flame. Period.

Also I think you quoted the wrong post. The post you quote says the same as most. A CPU bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    It doesn't matter if anyone feelings were hurt or not. It is against forum rules to flame. Period.

Also I think you quoted the wrong post. The post you quote says the same as most. A CPU bottleneck.
    To be fair, i said that the CPU in his system was *A* bottleneck, but that 30fps seemed odd. Even if 30 is weird/low for that setup, a solid 60 was NEVER in the cards, either. But hovering at 30 seems weird and definitely feels more like something else is to blame, not just the CPU being weak.

Deleted
    To be fair, i said that the CPU in his system was *A* bottleneck, but that 30fps seemed odd. Even if 30 is weird/low for that setup, a solid 60 was NEVER in the cards, either. But hovering at 30 seems weird and definitely feels more like something else is to blame, not just the CPU being weak.
    Exactly. You people DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to what they are reading... Jesus Christ. People literally do not think anything beyond 1 layer deep anymore. Throw money at it and it'll go away... come on guys.

I had similar issues when I upgraded from an ASUS 660ti to an EVGA GTX 970. I'm running an ivy bridge i7 at 4.5GHz (so CPU wasn't an issue but anyone I asked would talk about CPU anyway). At first the 970 was giving worse performance than the 660ti. That was under windows 7. It did help quite a bit when I disabled aero, I would get performance back to my 660ti level at that point. I ended up just switching to windows 8.1 and everything is fine in wow now. Every other game besides wow ran great on the GTX 970 in windows 7 and had a large increase in performance over the 660ti.

Also, you're always going to have terrible luck asking anyone about GPU issues in wow, because no matter what they are just going to ignore your question and start talking about CPUs. Good luck my friend, I hope you find the solution to your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn guess there is no need to upgrade from my 580's
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The 1090T sucks for WOW. That thing is like... 5-6 years old? I had a FX 6300 which is marginally better then it and I would get 30-40 fps in raids with a GTX 660 ti at the time. Upgraded to a i5 4670 and would get 60+ with the same card in a 25man. Definitely the CPU.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-03-10 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Remove the remaining 2gb memory stick.
    Is your wow folder installed on an HDD? Try defragging it. Don't defrag if it is installed on an SSD.
    Download Ccleaner and run registry repair.

Try to move or rename the WTF folder in your wow folder. It contains local settings from addons etc.
    Delete the Cache folder.
    Quoting myself.

OP, did you try this?

Deleted
    970GTX everything on ultra + 2x MSAA constant 60FPS. Look for problems elsewhere.