Thread: Pillar Hugging

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    Yea they have a term for this. It's called Pillar Humping. The way people throw around the word rape, no wonder people don't take gamers seriously.
    I was afraid I already knew the term was being misapplied in the title, but I clicked hoping I was wrong.

I was not. Maybe a mod will just change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I believe I made my point in my first post. It may have went over your head though.

You're free to use any terminology you see fit. No matter how insensitive it may be.

OT though - Get good. Pillar humping has been a part of arena for quite awhile.
    Didnt think people would be so sensitive. the point of this question was not to learn how to "get good". I already got good. I know how to counter it. Just saying i dont prefer the playstyle and was wondering how other ppl felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    your spec is far more "scumbag" then proper positioning.
    Thats fair. Ive played combat since vanilla and since its finally good in pvp ive been loving it. Its just 1 of my 4 100s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I was afraid I already knew the term was being misapplied in the title, but I clicked hoping I was wrong.

I was not. Maybe a mod will just change the title.
    What is the problem? Its just a word. Is the word rape forbidden? Is it too offensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What is the problem? Its just a word. Is the word rape forbidden? Is it too offensive?
    By this logic, someone could call you a retard for misusing the word. But it would be okay. It's just a word. So are cunt, faggot, and nigger. Doesn't mean using them is appropriate.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    If you're going to upgrade the term from humping to something else, the correct term would be molesting. Rape involves penetration of some sort.
    Implying I've never penetrated that pillar because I've gone through it quite a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know at least 10 words in the english dictionary that are better than what you used in the title. You make a valid point of discussion but please... Changed title.

And yes, it makes your post look that much worse. Don't overuse words like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Implying I've never penetrated that pillar because I've gone through it quite a few times.
    You're a monster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, let's all drop the ball now about the wording and continue on with the actual discussion op created and I may just let this thread live.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Personally I hate seeing the word rape, because that's all everyone says anymore. No one every beats anyone, it's always a RAPING! Just about everything is a total raping, someone writes a clever response in a forums, they RAPED them with their reply.

Nothing screams mental midget than everything being a RAPING!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    By this logic, someone could call you a retard for misusing the word. But it would be okay. It's just a word. So are cunt, faggot, and nigger. Doesn't mean using them is appropriate.
    That they could. sticks and stones. Also i fail to see how humping is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Personally I hate seeing the word rape, because that's all everyone says anymore. No one every beats anyone, it's always a RAPING! Just about everything is a total raping, someone writes a clever response in a forums, they RAPED them with their reply.

Nothing screams mental midget than everything being a RAPING!
    And humping is that much more appropriate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Also, let's all drop the ball now about the wording and continue on with the actual discussion op created and I may just let this thread live.
    Just delete the thread. they RAPED it. err i mean humped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no. Closed this.

This was not supposed to be a thread about words in the english dictionary that can be seen as offensive, and the discussion as I can see now has pretty much only been about that because of the opening post. You're welcome to post a new thread on the subject if you can choose your words better.