Deleted

Higher dps ST combat dps than sub. (Shadowcraft)

Why is that happening, also can it be correct?

Don't compare Shadowcraft numbers between two different specs.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Cause i got in my logs ~like 38-39k logs on gruul hc with combat and my RL is forcing me to play sub which is really sucky to do opener with my sucky pc .
    Dunno what i should do.

We need a lot more information than that in order to even begin considering your question man. Fight length? Item level? Stats? Trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarpetoperz View Post
    Cause i got in my logs ~like 38-39k logs on gruul hc with combat and my RL is forcing me to play sub which is really sucky to do opener with my sucky pc .
    Dunno what i should do.
    You play the spec that you do the best DPS in and that will benefit the raid the most. You aren't in a top world guild so your RL "forcing you" is just laughable lol.

Also, like the others said, SimCraft for DPS numbers between specs, not Shadowcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You play the spec that you do the best DPS in and that will benefit the raid the most. You aren't in a top world guild so your RL "forcing you" is just laughable lol.

Also, like the others said, SimCraft for DPS numbers between specs, not Shadowcraft.
    I fully agree with you : what is the point to play "THE" spec on a boss if the boss dies anyway and if someone is more efficient with another one ? Does the RL know anything about rogues ? Wow is not another job, this is a game in wich fun should not be turned into another day of work...

EDIT : fix of my poor English sentences.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2015-03-10 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    I fully agree with you : what is the point to play "THE" spec on a boss if the boss dies anyway and if someone is more efficient with another one ? Is the RL knows anything about rogues ? Wow is not another job, this is a game in wich fun should not be turned into another day of work...
    Amen my friend.

Just throwing this out there - I play Sub only on content we have on farm, not on progression nights. Even though Sub sims higher for ST than Combat, I'm still learning the ins and outs of sub (combat 4 lyf!), so my ST damage is still higher with Combat.
    Explain this to your RL. Hopefully they will see the logic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    I fully agree with you : what is the point to play "THE" spec on a boss if the boss dies anyway and if someone is more efficient with another one ? Does the RL know anything about rogues ? Wow is not another job, this is a game in wich fun should not be turned into another day of work...
    This.
    I'm going to assume that you're not secretly in a world's best competing guild, so I don't see why you should be forced to play sub if you don't feel comfortable in it.
    If bosses are dying, then why does it matter?
    And if bosses aren't dying, then I still don't think you should be forced into the spec unless you're drastically underperforming compared to the rest of the group

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    I got kicked of my guild because of this lol, a combat rogue with 3ilvl higher and 4 set bonus compared to my 0 set bonus as sub beat me by 1k on group I got kicked because the leader reckons I wasn't playing the optimal spec :S lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    I got kicked of my guild because of this lol, a combat rogue with 3ilvl higher and 4 set bonus compared to my 0 set bonus as sub beat me by 1k on group I got kicked because the leader reckons I wasn't playing the optimal spec :S lol
    Sounds like he did you a favor. I don't think I'd enjoy playing in that kind of environment.

The lack of basic math skills is killing this game. I was kicked from a pug last night for "low dps". During the last failed pull, when I saw both tanks go down, I stopped attacking and sped to a corner to Vanish. However, the healers kept trying to save the pull even with two dead tanks. So I spent quite a bit of time off the boss waiting for everyone to die.

The brilliant RL saw that my dps for that attempt was only 19k and kicked me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merope View Post
    Just throwing this out there - I play Sub only on content we have on farm, not on progression nights. Even though Sub sims higher for ST than Combat, I'm still learning the ins and outs of sub (combat 4 lyf!), so my ST damage is still higher with Combat.
    Explain this to your RL. Hopefully they will see the logic in it.
    Good heavens no; I don't see how a frank admission of failure is a good thing. Just tell the RL that your gear is better suited to combat and sims higher for combat than sub.

Deleted
    Here are my logs from gruul:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    And here are logs of my guild mates on run which i couldnt attempt:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    My RL just doesent understand that combat can be decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Good heavens no; I don't see how a frank admission of failure is a good thing. Just tell the RL that your gear is better suited to combat and sims higher for combat than sub.
    Definitely. Especially with how polarized Sub and Combat gear priorities are.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarpetoperz View Post
    Here are my logs from gruul:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    And here are logs of my guild mates on run which i couldnt attempt:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    My RL just doesent understand that combat can be decent too.
    So what you're saying is that you were 3rdish on ST fights in a "suboptimal" spec and you still got kicked?

You're better off without them. Put out some apps and get into a guild with a non-brain dead RL.

I've started playing combat for everything and no longer switching to assassination (yes, I know sub is 'better' but I was beating the sub rogue on dps as assassination so obviously that spec is better for me!). I know rogue in my guilds other heroic team has been staying combat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I've started playing combat for everything and no longer switching to assassination (yes, I know sub is 'better' but I was beating the sub rogue on dps as assassination so obviously that spec is better for me!). I know rogue in my guilds other heroic team has been staying combat as well.
    This is a fallacy, one could also say "obviously the sub rogue is really bad." Seriously people, if you beat a bad player on damage output, all it means is that you beat a bad player, and should not be taken as gospel with respect to whether a specific spec is better for you or not. In this case, unless the fight was HansFranz or potentially Flamebender, it would not have been mathematically possible for you to get near the numbers of a good equally-geared Sub rogue. If you doubt this, then go look up some sims for the encounter and ilvl bracket on Warcraftlogs.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-03-10 at 04:19 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I don't see a frank admission to failure anywhere. I said that I was still learning the ins and outs of Sub and currently have higher ST damage with Combat.