Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Strongest Female Character

Who do you think is the strongest female character?

I think its Shield Knight.

In a video game?

Samus Aran, space warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Physically strong or "I'm strong and independent!"
    All

I picked Shield knight because she was far from a damsel in distress and you saw how important and capable she really was in the end.

Also have to throw out Ashe from FF XII. She's not a master warrior or particularly strong, but when it came down to the final moment at the Pharos, she made the right choice despite it going against everything she swore, fought, and worked for. That's pretty hard to do given the circumstances. I probably wouldn't have been able to do, nor pretty much every other character there at that moment if they were in her shoes.

do comic book heroes count (since they are in video games as well)?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    do comic book heroes count (since they are in video games as well)?
    He said anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    He said anyone.
    ok

Ms Marvel

Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7.

Deleted
    Yakumo Yukari from Touhou. Almost on-par with Demonbane on overpoweredness.

I'd say Captain Marvel.

Deleted
    Bastila Shan, KotOR

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll disregard actual power since then you just instantly go to characters like Lightning from FF13 and Ms/Captain Marvel in..well, Marvel games.

Instead, I'll go for strength in characterization and give a nod to Ellie from The Last of Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Instead, I'll go for strength in characterization and give a nod to Ellie from The Last of Us.
    Other than biting a guy when he tried to convert her to cannibalism, she really didn't do anything during the journey other than picking up scraps for Joel, who carried her through the entire story. She also had to get pushed along alot to do anything other than sit around and whine and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    In a video game?

Samus Aran, space warrior.
    If we go by her character before Other M then yes, with Other M in there, I kinda feel she lost some of her edge. (I still loved the game though)

My pick (in terms of inner strength and not actual power level) would go to: Aerith/Aeris before she died she had to endure a lot. For someone who wasn't trained for it, she still stepped up and did what was right. She did it alone for the last bit and never lost her smile in the ordeal
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Commander Shepard is a strong woman if you so choose.

Also Lara Croft is almost the face of strong female characters.

KOS-MOS, if she qualifies. Straight-up beast mode.

Strongest video game female? Jean Grey or She-Hulk.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who do you think is the strongest female character?

I think its Shield Knight.
    Where? In some game, comics or movie, or in the fantasy/scifi/superhero scene in general?

And how do you define strength? Raw physical strength, or mental/magical abilities? Destructive or creative powers? Strength and power through influence (being in a ruling position such as queen, empress etc.)?

If we go for physical qualities, it would have to be Wonder Woman, Powergirl or Supergirl. Other ones are difficult to measure.

And are we limiting this just to their video game appearances and fighting mechanics, or are we taking everything (comics etc.) into account too? In Injustice characters like Harley Quinn can be an equal match for Wonder Woman in a physical fight, which, of course, would never be the case in "reality".
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-05-09 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Strongest video game female? Jean Grey or She-Hulk.
    She-Hulk got nerfed when transitioning from Marvel vs Capcom 3 to Ulimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, she is rarely picked nowadays.

Lightning from FFXIII. Say what you like about the game itself, I really liked Lightning, and Fang for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.