Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He seems like just the kind of person who SHOULDNT be carryign a gun, because he seems to carry because he's an insecure dork. He's a pathetic, no-life sod that does this for kicks and attention.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2015-03-10 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I don't think his political affiliation really means anything in this situation.

To me he's just a dumbass with a gun who wants to push a few buttons for the sake of pushing buttons.
    As a dumbass with no consideration for his actions and their consequences, I'd say he's a perfect fit for the tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    For what it's worth, most pro-gun advocates think these guys are idiots too.
    You know I am all for exercising your rights, this guy is really pushing the envelope though. It's one thing to open carry because it's what you do everyday. Purposely walking in front of a school to garner attention from the police is only going to make your life in that town extremely difficult. Then when the police came they were actually acting like professionals and this guy egged them on. At the end of the day he did nothing illegal but there was no point other then to get footage for you tube which made him look like an idiot. I missed the part where he said he was part of the tea party though. Misleading title IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    this

i often wonder lately if these are actually some of the anti-gun nuts trying to stoke the fire.
    Hmm, that plot twist.

That is good to know, and reassuring.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Umm, of course it's out of the ordinary to walk down the street with a rifle on your back. Why is it strange to him that Police got called and came in to see the situation?
    It's not strange, it's exactly what he wanted to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I don't think his political affiliation really means anything in this situation.
    Its just always the same political affiliation that does this.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

It's people like that that are going to get the their right to open carry taken away. Ironic. One of these days one of these idiots is going to get shot for it and they'll really deserve it.

If you try to carry a gun into a school just to provoke some cops for a video, you are fucking retarded.

Im all for people like this loosing their open carry rights because it makes all gun owners look bad. Somewhere down the line there was a change from carrying a gun for personal protection, to it being a status symbol, and it never should be. You should never carry one for that "look at what i have" mentality. Its like that Lewis Black joke about the doctor...

"...Doctors don't know. They pretend to know. Because they have a rectal thermometer in their pocket. As if it was an appeal to a higher authority..."

I often dont care for open carriers...and most open carriers would probably call me an anti for that even though I have enough firearms and ammo to deal with a small army...or moderate zombie invasion. Many open carriers do it just because they dont like to conceal, however many also do it so people see it. They enjoy that confrontation and love to tell people about it. Now, granted, this can help to educate if done correctly. Many people have no idea you can open carry until they see someone doing it and are educated, then they may go out and start carrying too or even get a conceal permit.

Its the douchebags that walk around like this and post the videos that somehow think it will gain positive publicity for gun owners that are the problem. I honestly cant think of what goes thru these guys heads as they are uploading the video...do they really think "fuck yea, i showed them, the gun community is gonna think im awesome"?
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2015-03-10 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's people like that that are going to get the their right to open carry taken away. Ironic. One of these days one of these idiots is going to get shot for it and they'll really deserve it.
    While I don't agree with what this idiot in the video did, he didn't commit a crime so why would he have his open carry right revoked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an echo in here?

(You are, of course, spot-on.)

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    While I don't agree with what this idiot in the video did, he didn't commit a crime so why would he have his open carry right revoked?
    For terrorizing people with his abuse of the privilege?

There is a very distinct possibility that school had to go into lock down. Oh in fact...

http://patch.com/michigan/royaloak/m...-fear-lockdown

The reason the cops were so professional in this situation is because apparently they have to deal with this ass clown on a regular basis.

I wouldn't even be shocked if it turned out this dude was an anti-gun activist. All these open carry people do is make everyone want to restrict their rights when they abuse the right in this manner for no reason but to terrorize people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think he means that people like this guy could ruin it for the rest of us*.

*responsible gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think he means that people like this guy could ruin it for the rest of us*.

*responsible gun owners.
    If they exist to begin with*.

*No.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

*No.
    most gun owners are responsible. A simple look at the amount of gun owners to the amount of these incidents would prove that. But if you are just going to jump in with your mind already made up then never mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    *No.
    Well, in the US they do. They're the vast majority of gun owners, in fact. Not sure where you're from or how you get your vitamin D if you do live in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    For terrorizing people with his abuse of the privilege? I wouldn't even be shocked if it turned out this dude was an anti-gun activist.
    He didn't abuse his privilege, since it's a right. Obviously people were concerned and called the police but at the end of the day no laws were broken.

As far as an anti gun activist, it's possible. Not sure if he was or not but I wouldn't doubt some anti gun activists doing things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cops handled that really well. Kudos on not shooting him though he kind of deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    The cops handled that really well. Kudos on not shooting him though he kind of deserved it.
    He deserved being shot?

Deleted
    Him actually being an anti-gun activist is conspiracy type bullshit. You can't know and you won't ever know. You're just making assumptions. It could be but it's also likely that he's just a plain idiot. Also I feel like anti-gun activists don't need to go to such extremes to show that guns are bad. There's already plenty of examples and shootings to show that.