Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Him actually being an anti-gun activist is conspiracy type bullshit. You can't know and you won't ever know. You're just making assumptions. It could be but it's also likely that he's just a plain idiot. Also I feel like anti-gun activists don't need to go to such extremes to show that guns are bad. There's already plenty of examples and shootings to show that.
    I agree but I wouldn't put it past them. However I don't think that's the case here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, not even some random chick on instagram taking a selfie half naked with duck face attention whores as this guy.

He clearly wanted to make a point. Albeit an idiotic one.

Deleted
    It's a possibility. In every group there's always bound to be people to take things to extremes to prove a point but we can't possible ever know if that is what happened here. Well it is what happened here for the Open Carry kind of stuff but we won't know if it's for the anti-gun stuff you can only speculate.

Deleted
    Cops were like "Wait, what is a white man doing with a gun in the street?! Can we shoot a white man?! Someone call dispatch and ask for instructions"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    To me he's just a dumbass with a gun who wants to push a few buttons for the sake of pushing buttons.
    Agreed. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to walk the streets with a rifle. I can completely understand a pistol, but not a rifle.

If you ask me, a rifle is not a very secure weapon. What keeps a rifle on your body? A strap slung over your shoulder. This can very very easily be taken away from a person who is not paying attention. At least a pistol is in a holster which is clipped closed. A bit tougher to take away from someone than a rifle on a canvas or leather strap.

The only reason he did this is to "prove a point." Sadly the only point he proved is that he is an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    While I don't agree with what this idiot in the video did, he didn't commit a crime so why would he have his open carry right revoked?
    Mental instability ; )

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't abuse his privilege, since it's a right. Obviously people were concerned and called the police but at the end of the day no laws were broken.

As far as an anti gun activist, it's possible. Not sure if he was or not but I wouldn't doubt some anti gun activists doing things like this.
    If it is true that he does this regularly, he is inciting fear. He knows the school is not comfortable with him near by with a rifle. Yet he does it to prove some sadistic point. Not sure if there is some law that deals with this sort of thing though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Mental instability ; )
    That would have to be proven and in this case there are no signs of that even though most people would think he's crazy for what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    The cops handled that really well. Kudos on not shooting him though he kind of deserved it.
    With that attitude, I hope to hell you don't own a gun.

Just because he was mouthy and unreasonable, does not mean he deserved to be physically harmed.

- - - Updated - - -

That would have to be proven and in this case there are no signs of that even though most people would think he's crazy for what he did.
    I know lol, though if he is taunting officers while having a rifle strapped to his back, they may want to keep an eye on him. Which it is pretty obvious they already are.

If it is true that he does this regularly, he is inciting fear. He knows the school is not comfortable with him near by with a rifle. Yet he does it to prove some sadistic point. Not sure if there is some law that deals with this sort of thing though.
    Honestly that's just to bad. He has the right to do this regardless of how people feel about it. He was carrying a gun openly as his states laws allow. Now if he went into the school or another no gun zone then I agree with you 100%.

Serve like serve papers?

He dislikes intimidation from cops (with guns) but it's his right to scare the school with his...

He didn't abuse his privilege, since it's a right. Obviously people were concerned and called the police but at the end of the day no laws were broken.

As far as an anti gun activist, it's possible. Not sure if he was or not but I wouldn't doubt some anti gun activists doing things like this.
    Ah yes, it's a right that is just selectively denied. Felons sure don't have that right.

By definition it sounds more like a privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly that's just to bad. He has the right to do this regardless of how people feel about it. He was carrying a gun openly as his states laws allow. Now if he went into the school or another no gun zone then I agree with you 100%.
    Lawfully, you are right. He has every right to travel where he pleases with a rifle so long as he abides by the law. But what about consideration? If the faculty and students aren't comfortable and are scared of this guy, shouldn't he be more considerate and not travel around there with a rifle?

But again, he is within his lawful rights. So I guess there is really nothing that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Him actually being an anti-gun activist is conspiracy type bullshit. You can't know and you won't ever know. You're just making assumptions. It could be but it's also likely that he's just a plain idiot. Also I feel like anti-gun activists don't need to go to such extremes to show that guns are bad. There's already plenty of examples and shootings to show that.
    The people saying this are likely, and for myself I am, just trying to say how insanely stupid this mans actions are and how harmful such actions are to his supposed movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

The only thing more obnoxious than police overreach are jackasses like this. They had every right to slap him with Disorderly Conduct right there, and I wish they had.

The people on the fringe who push the boundaries of rights keep the rest of us free. I'm glad nothing happened.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

With that attitude, I hope to hell you don't own a gun.

Just because he was mouthy and unreasonable, does not mean he deserved to be physically harmed.

- - - Updated - - -

I know lol, though if he is taunting officers while having a rifle strapped to his back, they may want to keep an eye on him. Which it is pretty obvious they already are.
    He's a regular open carry activist in his area. They knew him before this incident. They have an eye on him for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliazer681 View Post
    The only thing more obnoxious than police overreach are jackasses like this. They had every right to slap him with Disorderly Conduct right there, and I wish they had.
    He wasn't acting disorderly, had they done that then that would have been police overreach. These officers did their job perfectly, hats off to them for being professionals in a difficult situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The people on the fringe who push the boundaries of rights keep the rest of us free. I'm glad nothing happened.
    I totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an idiot, they should have just shot him.

Ok conservative logic here.....

So tamir rice was a thug who deserved to be executed for playing with a toy gun in a park.

But these people are perfectly fine carrying loaded weapons near a school

I wonder if race has anything to do with this...

I find it funny when ever a Tea Party member or Republican does something wrong their party is put in title in places like this and news stories, but you don't see things like "Democrat George Zimmerman Shoots unarmed black teen"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    and how harmful such actions are to his supposed movement.
    That's only because of his demeanor when talking to the police, not so much his actions prior. If he was polite and just said I am exercising my 2nd amendment rights then it would not have been such a problem IMO.

Deleted
    I still don't get why that is even a thing. Is Open Carry honestly more good than bad? Just owning a gun is already baffling here in Belgium and over at you guys people are just parading around with it even though it's causing problems like this.