Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I am convinced, that block parry and dodge still work on a two roll system. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I understand this section above correctly, you say that the 30% parry from ravager would push us nigh to a cap of certain mitigation of physical damage. I currently have ~31% avoidance (parry+dodge), so 61% with ravager running. And only if we neither parry nor dodge it will be determined wheather we block or not. So unless I either am mistaken regarding the two-roll system or misunderstood the quoted section, we are far from being "a few % away" from any cap.

Please do not misunderstand me. Your reasoning seems sound. Darmac for example was indeed a bad example, since I would pick ravager in any case because the problematic situations always are high stacks+melee+ADDS.
    After some testing it appears you are correct. I guess I totally missed/ignored that change when it happened (apparently back in MoP) since it was completely infeasible to try and combat table cap at all then (since nothing like ravager existed). Which does make me feel that ravager is a lot weaker than I thought, and yet it's proven quite reliable for me in practice so I guess I should continue as I have been. That does also mean that crit (i.e. parry) is far more valuable for strengthening the value of ravager than mastery is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrus View Post
    Ah, you're right! That's my own ignorance. When I've used Bladestorm, most of my bar greys out. My own ignorance. This definitely changes my viewpoint. The only downside to Bladestorm now is the lack of rage generating abilities during those six seconds. So around 3ish GCDs of potential rage generating abilities.
    Which in reality is not a big problem whatsoever. Bladestorm is an AMAZING ability as a prot warrior. I only switch it out for Bloodbath on pure single target fights.

One of the things that I love to do is pop Ravager and then go straight into Bladestorm. You get all that lovely AOE damage and combine that with all that lovely mitigation bonus action. Granted this really should only be used on on fights that merit going all-out on AOE talents (Thogar, Beastlord, etc). You mileage may vary!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirek View Post
    One of the things that I love to do is pop Ravager and then go straight into Bladestorm. You get all that lovely AOE damage and combine that with all that lovely mitigation bonus action. Granted this really should only be used on on fights that merit going all-out on AOE talents (Thogar, Beastlord, etc). You mileage may vary!
    While I do this too at times, I'm pretty sure (unless you really need a heavy AE dmg burst) it's a bad idea to stack them. The reason being that ravager gives you lots more parries than normal and using bladestorm then means all those revenges go to waste, so you lose out on a huge amount of rage.