Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Sign me up.
    Have only spoken to one of my neighbours in the last couple of years, and that's because she was an old lady who didn't drive that just wanted to set up skype so she could speak to family.

I would happily report every single one of the ignorant bastards on my block, some of them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I let mine warm up for 15 minutes - It's a new car but three minutes in Chicago winters isn't enough to defrost the windows. Why this is even an ordinance is absurd to begin with.
    Yeah, I agree with this. It's not about warming the engine up here in western NY state, it's about heating the car up to the point where you can get in it and drive somewhere without hating everything, as well as defrosting the windows for safety. NYC has stupid fucking laws.

Deleted
    Something I have seen people doing in the UK when the weather is getting frosty is to put Carboard sheeting over the windscreen. Don't know how cold it gets in NY state though so don't know if that would be an option.

Deleted
    Depending on where and who lives around me I'd do it...more likely then not I'd do it.

Ah the fingermen are recruiting. What do you have to fear if you've done nothing wrong?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

i saw New York and was immediately not surprised.

Id do this. I was in a hurry yesterday and had to stop by my house after work before heading to an appointment. Some cunt with a "tricked out" car double parked in front of my building and made me have to drive to the far parking lot. The type of car that's silver, has a really obnoxious spoiler, a rice pipe, even had that bar on the bottom of the car so when it takes off to fast it prevents the wheels from rising too far. I was so tempted to key this motherfucker. If I had a "nice" car id be parking perfectly everytime to prevent people from keying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Source: http://nypost.com/2015/03/10/bill-wo...ling-vehicles/ (US)

What could possibly go wrong?
    Nothing, and we have the proof how the people in Eastern Germany until 1989 were happy and flourished under the invasive spy system named STASI.

Deleted
    Warming up cars?

What is this? 1970?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Warming up cars?

What is this? 1970?
    this.
    Have you guys never heard of ice scrapers? 5 minutes and your windows are ice free, without having to run your cars engine. In addition to that there are special sponges for the moisture of inside windows.
    And thats all you need.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reading all of this, and realizing the kind of things I have to put up with at -45 C -_-.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Reading all of this, and realizing the kind of things I have to put up with at -45 C -_-.
    I plug in the cable between the outlet and the block heater when I get home and set the timer to start 3 hours before going to work.
    -0 or -35 C, car starts instantly, is warm inside, and no increased wear & tear or fuel consumption.

So futuristic! like 2002!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargeras View Post
    this.
    Have you guys never heard of ice scrapers? 5 minutes and your windows are ice free, without having to run your cars engine. In addition to that there are special sponges for the moisture of inside windows.
    And thats all you need.
    does the car also instantly heat up inside ? and if its extremely cold the windows could actually freeze over again while driving....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    does the car also instantly heat up inside ? and if its extremely cold the windows could actually freeze over again while driving....
    If you scrape your windows properly, and DO NOT spray them with windshield washerfluid, there's nothing to freeze on the outside.
    There's a risk of fog on the inside due to your breathing, but that's what buttons are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you scrape your windows properly, and DO NOT spray them with windshield washerfluid, there's nothing to freeze on the outside.
    There's a risk of fog on the inside due to your breathing, but that's what buttons are for.

that only works if you answer my first question though....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    that only works if you answer my first question though....
    It does if you have a car that's not from 1990 or earlier.
    Even without block heater and being ice cold on the inside, the demister works because it brings cooler air (outside) for the windshield.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2015-03-12 at 03:18 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I plug in the cable between the outlet and the block heater when I get home and set the timer to start 3 hours before going to work.
    -0 or -35 C, car starts instantly, is warm inside, and no increased wear & tear or fuel consumption.

So futuristic! like 2002!
    There's no issue at home, I have underground heated parking. It's at work that's the problem.

This will simply lead to more deaths caused by people idling their car in the garage with the door closed to avoid their neighbour's prying Iphone spycam

10+ Year Old Account
    It does if you have a car that's not from 1990 or earlier.
    Even without block heater and being ice cold on the inside, the demister works because it brings cooler air (outside) for the windshield.
    lolno

it takes 5-10 minutes for the car to heat up inside even for a 2005+ car

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking people to have evidence when reporting a crime and rewarding it? What's the problem here? It's not like they're paying you to peep on your neighbors.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.