Arms Haste Breakpoint

I recently got the Phosphorescent Seal from my mythic BRF mission cache and noticed that my haste is now about 8% unbuffed. I started thinking about the haste breakpoint in which I can squeeze two mortal strikes into a colossus smash window. As my gear has gotten better, I've noticed that MS is no longer hitting like a wet noodle and is starting to make up a large portion of my DPS on a handful of fights. This leads to a couple of questions in regards to haste applications.

What is the formula used to calculate the CD time of MS and TC?

Do you guys think that it's worth stretching for the haste breakpoint at my ilevel (683)?

I can't remember if there's a +haste raid buff. If there is, what does it award and would this push me past the breakpoint without having to enchant/gem for haste?

I'd link my Armory and Warcraft Logs, but it appears that I need to post a few more times. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    I recently got the Phosphorescent Seal from my mythic BRF mission cache and noticed that my haste is now about 8% unbuffed. I started thinking about the haste breakpoint in which I can squeeze two mortal strikes into a colossus smash window. As my gear has gotten better, I've noticed that MS is no longer hitting like a wet noodle and is starting to make up a large portion of my DPS on a handful of fights. This leads to a couple of questions in regards to haste applications.

What is the formula used to calculate the CD time of MS and TC?

Do you guys think that it's worth stretching for the haste breakpoint at my ilevel (683)?

I can't remember if there's a +haste raid buff. If there is, what does it award and would this push me past the breakpoint without having to enchant/gem for haste?

I'd link my Armory and Warcraft Logs, but it appears that I need to post a few more times. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
    GCD (or Ability CD) / 1+(Haste / 100) = new GCD/ability CD

or in simpler terms

GCD / 1.(haste)% = GCD

Meaning, with a 1.5s GCD and 8% Haste it would be:

1.5 / 1.08 = 1.38s GCD

For a 6s Mortal Strike:

6 / 1.08 = 5.55s CD

You get 5% Haste through raid buffs, not including Heroism/Bloodlust.

You need at least 25% haste(after buffs) to fit 2 MSs inside a CS window without the 2pc proc active, and that's with no latency on any casts. I don't think that's really a feasible amount and wouldn't be worth going for even if you could reach it, over gearing crit/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    You need at least 25% haste(after buffs) to fit 2 MSs inside a CS window without the 2pc proc active, and that's with no latency on any casts. I don't think that's really a feasible amount and wouldn't be worth going for even if you could reach it, over gearing crit/mastery.
    I got the 10% figure from the Arms guide stickied to the top of this forum. I guess that's a typo, then? It does seem kind of low to get your MS GCD down low enough to squeeze 2 in.

If that's the case, then I agree.... it's not worth throwing haste into it. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    I got the 10% figure from the Arms guide stickied to the top of this forum. I guess that's a typo, then? It does seem kind of low to get your MS GCD down low enough to squeeze 2 in.

If that's the case, then I agree.... it's not worth throwing haste into it. Thanks for the feedback.
    It's a typo, and some old info. I need to update it. As I recall the 10% mark had to do with Rage generation and the GCD, getting swings often enough to keep the rotation moving.