10+ Year Old Account

Anyone have any experience with Blu phones?

They have impressive hardware for the price imo, but are they worth buying? IM currently looking at a 6 inch phone with a 1.3ghz quad core cpu, 1gb ram and 1080p resolution for only 150. My only concern is the brand. Can I trust it? Walmart sells it btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Screen may not be 1080p actually, but its still HD. Heres a link to the phone im currently looking at.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/BLU-Studio...42287065#about

- - - Updated - - -

Or should I save up another 50-100 dollars? My current phone takes like 2 minutes to send a text. Its almost unusable, plus theres like 7 straight black lines running through the screen. I assume dead pixels?

- - - Updated - - -

Also looking at the Motorola Moto G, but I cant figure out when the 3rd gen phone will be out?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since i cant find an answer, I guess ill save up another check and get a different phone.

I never heard of the brand, but I googled it for you :P.

Generally reviews tend to be pretty bad, as it seems to have huge design and quality issues.

Frankly, I'd say you save up another 70$ and look into something from ZTE if you want cheap, decent and relatively sturdy.

Like this one https://www.cricketwireless.com/shop...-max-plus.html

As I tend to go through my phones pretty quick, due to traveling and etc. I tend to prefer to buy cheaper Android brands that I don't have to worry about busting up.

I had a http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_vec_4g-6645.php since last November, the only thing I did change is that I installed an app called Nova Launcher, that's just because I didn't like adaptations ZTE made to the standard Android UI, the Nova makes the UI more customizable in icon sizes, widgets etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seem like quite a few reviews mention dodgy quality as one of the cons.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be weary of the internal memory. I saw no mention of SD storage on that Blu phone, and 8 GBs of total storage is quickly used when you take the OS and any kind of skin into account.

I'd buy a Moto G if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a Moto e? They just released one? The moto G 3rd gen isn't out yet. Id like to have lte coverage. I also should have mentioned that I want the phone to be unlocked. Going to lock in a 200 dollar budget.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Austin Evans has a pretty good video on the Moto E 2015. He compares his experiences to that of a high end smartphone. You should definitely take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

My company did focus testing for Blu.

Not bad phones. Just a little underpowered, but the design and feel are very nice relative to price.