Die By The Sword and other Tips and Tricks

Hi All,

I've only recently learned that you can use Die by the Sword in some creative ways, like completely parrying an Oregorger Roll and avoiding all damage and the stun.

What are some of the other ways we can use this ability and others in BRF and HM that may be less known? Would love to hear your tips and tricks.

Deleted
    Maybe not that relevant but you can activate it and tank a whole whirlwind from Phemos of the Twin Ogrons to trigger some parryhaste autohits resulting in a not too shabby rage gain

another time I use it is on Darmac when i Reck+Storm the Packbeasts right when they spawn to prevent dieing from overaggro

Quote Originally Posted by shaungayle View Post
    Maybe not that relevant but you can activate it and tank a whole whirlwind from Phemos of the Twin Ogrons to trigger some parryhaste autohits resulting in a not too shabby rage gain

another time I use it is on Darmac when i Reck+Storm the Packbeasts right when they spawn to prevent dieing from overaggro
    And in both cases what do you do with all that rage? The real benefit on Phemos Whirlwind as Arms is CS+BB+Enhanced Rend. Arms has no effective/fast ragedump. Parryhaste's greatest benefit is Enhanced Rend, SD Procs and Execute DPS. You could also taunt pure melee encounters below 20%. Suggested that back during early Beta. But most bosses in this Xpac have lots of stupid stuff like cleave and unavoidable attacks.

PvP wise it might be nice tanking couple of melees while pooling tons of rage for Sbar or offensive gameplay.

Pretty useful while soloing old raids even when you don't take that much damage. For some increased Burst DPS during BL drums etc.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2015-03-13 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    And in both cases what do you do with all that rage? The real benefit on Phemos Whirlwind as Arms is CS+BB+Enhanced Rend. Arms has no effective/fast ragedump. Parryhaste's greatest benefit is Enhanced Rend, SD Procs and Execute DPS. You could also taunt pure melee encounters below 20%. Suggested that back during early Beta. But most bosses in this Xpac have lots of stupid stuff like cleave and unavoidable attacks.

PvP wise it might be nice tanking couple of melees while pooling tons of rage for Sbar or offensive gameplay.

Pretty useful while soloing old raids even when you don't take that much damage. For some increased Burst DPS during BL drums etc.
    Execute. And the real benefit (aside from capping out your rage) are the few dozen auto attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also use the glyph to get some free rage from tanking.

I like threads like this, though for some reason it makes me mourn the loss of zerker stance. Anyways, I don't have much to contribute to it yet as I've only dabbled a bit in BRF HC, but that's a great tip for Ore.

On iron maidens mythic you can taunt Marak the blooded to completely negate the raid damage sub 20% from sanguine strikes which is pretty cool, saves you cd's