Poll: Do you want more, shorter raids or fewer, massive raids?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I prefer raids with outrageous mechanics to this actually perfect rotation stuff.

Ie.
    Alysrazor flying around, hiding behind meteors, playing frogger with fire tornadoes
    Gunship in ICC, shooting cannons, jump packs back and forth

so the fights don't need to be hard.

they do need to be fun.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Blizzard said they were going to do this in Cata, then we got screwed with a 7 boss tier and an 8 boss tier.

High Maul -> Blackrock Foundry has been a nice pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Every short raid I've ever done has felt cheap and irrelevant.
    This. Give me massive, lore-rich raids like Ulduar and ICC.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx wasnt a large raid when you consider the fact that they didn't need to do much design work on it, it was basically just retuned for different sized raid groups and a few updated pixels.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

7+ Year Old Account
    I love big ass raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that big raids are out there the release of a smaller raid would be greeted with a great deal of derision whether future raids arrived more quickly or not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to get shorter raids instead. But it's less expensive and time consuming to instead create less, but longer.

And ilvl would jump like crazy if there were 6 tiers instead of 3.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Read this earlier today, thought about it, and it doesn't matter to me as long as the setting and story are compelling. Having said that, I really do pine for Ulduar and Icecrown. Five-six years on, you zone in and that stuff just does not get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Read this earlier today, thought about it, and it doesn't matter to me as long as the setting and story are compelling. Having said that, I really do pine for Ulduar and Icecrown. Five-six years on, you zone in and that stuff just does not get old.
    Ulduar was very diverse in scenery and I think that helps it a lot.
    I dunno about ICC... after progression and later farming of shadowmournes I think I can say goodbye :P

I like a 9/10 boss raid for a single raid instance. Anything more than 12 I find to be too long for one place and there are normally 2 to 3 fights I could do without after the first couple kills.