Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

[RANT]does your guild enforce the new 125 food?

does your guilds demand the 125 food? i'm not playing wow to fish like an idiot. 5 Fish per 1 food? i'm refusing to fish for a measly 50dps nor am i willing to buy it from the AH for 700-1000G/stack. Its annoys me a lot and with my guildleaders enforcing it could result in being kicked from the raid only for not using the best possible food. Am i just a lazy bastard? well maybe its time to quit it coz i didnt bring the extra 25mastery and dedication

Deleted
    Everyone uses it for Mythic progression, it does not need to be enforced, because it is a given for everyone trying to progress.

For nhc and heroic we use 100 feasts.

You were not around for Naxx progression in Vanilla, were you? If this kind of farming is too much already.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we're close to a kill, yes. When starting out on a new boss, no. Kinda a waste of time/gold.
    For Mythic that is. Heroic clears are done with full 100 food.

If your in the world first race, yea sure. If not, then your GM is a fool. If your so skin and teeth on a boss, that 25 of a secondary stat would actually mean a kill, then everyone needs to focus more on how they are playing rather than what food they have IMO.

Deleted
    I just use garrison resources to trade at the trading post, I have too many anyway.

If you're not progressing in mythic, that 25 extra stat isn't going to help much, and your GM is a tool if he requires it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andruman View Post
    does your guilds demand the 125 food? i'm not playing wow to fish like an idiot. 5 Fish per 1 food? i'm refusing to fish for a measly 50dps nor am i willing to buy it from the AH for 700-1000G/stack. Its annoys me a lot and with my guildleaders enforcing it could result in being kicked from the raid only for not using the best possible food. Am i just a lazy bastard? well maybe its time to quit it coz i didnt bring the extra 25mastery and dedication
    if you are wiping on boss then ye you definitely need any type of stat boost, if you don't think thats a problem with wipes, you should probably look for more skilled guild or more casual depending on what you are looking for.

Deleted
    We use feasts for regular progress on Mythic bosses, once we get the tactics down and it's close to a kill we start using 125 food + runes. It's kind of a waste to use those when you're still wiping to mechanics and learning the fight anyway.

No, but I personally do use it on every try(same with Augment Runes), because my guild doesn't really "progress" on fights, we just have to pray that the morons in the group manage to not mess up easy mechanics on one try and we get the kill. So yeah, I use 125 food and Augment Runes on every try(especially now that Augment Runes aren't stupidly expensive anymore) so I can put out the highest possible amount of damage and try to make up for the fact that others aren't.
    And really, it's not that expensive(or rather, gold is very easy to come by), so just suck it up and put in the little bit of extra effort.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    125 food is just stupidly expensive to get, its like 3000 garri rescourses for a stack o.O
    i guess you kinda want the food tho when progressing the "harder" mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    125 food is just stupidly expensive to get, its like 3000 garri rescourses for a stack o.O
    i guess you kinda want the food tho when progressing the "harder" mythic bosses.
    At least it gives you something to spend GR on?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No. Unless you're alreayd playing at the top of your game, your time is better spent "learning to play better" than fishing up for 25 more secondary stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

First Wednesday raid on 6.1, my raidmates got -EP for not having the 125 food buff, when stack of 20 was around 1.5k gold, in 3 days, the price was 1/10 of the initial one, and our RL admitted his mistake, but noone made a rant post about it

That food is very cheap now as it is...

Why wouldn't you want to maximize your toons potential every attempt?

Its always been a must for mythic raiders who want to increase that potential. Atleast thats my mentality about the whole ordeal
    Last edited by lunaru; 2015-03-09 at 10:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andruman View Post
    nor am i willing to buy it from the AH for 700-1000G/stack.
    Thanks for the money making hint, I'm off to fish now

does you also want a guild that does not enforce the use of more expensive enchants? /shrug

a little bit of stats here and there never seems like a big deal, until you're wiping at .5%. I agree that it's kind of pointless for learning attempts (a lot of the time anyway), but once a kill is in sight it's totally reasonable to expect the use of 125 food and augments

it doesn't really take more than a few minutes to get enough fish for a night of 125 food attempts, or if you don't want to fish (understandable) you can buy the meat pretty inexpensively

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    That food is very cheap now as it is...
    Oh noes, no fishing then

We told everyone to stock up before 6.1 when it was insanely cheap to make. The expectation is that that you use it on progression. Old fine is fine for farm bosses. Although I use it for every pull. Not that there's much else to spend gold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh noes, no fishing then
    It varies on servers, low population realms are usually high in price

We do when we're close to a kill. But we have someone that is a dedicated farmer for the guild so we can provide food to anyone that doesn't have the time, or want to fish.