Cool Arcane burst phase

So it seems that I'm pulling better numbers by simply blasting at the opener and forgetting my missile procs into my PC.
    It ends my burst phase rather quickly but makes for one hell of a burst. Is this stupid? haha

Also, I'm not glyphing AP as I've read almost 50/50 for or against it.
    I'm also noticing that I can get exactly ONE Supernova off in between burst phases into my PC. Is this normal, to basically save them to blow 2 into my PC?
    (giggidy)

1 cast of missiles at 4 stacks does more dpet (damage per effective time aka cast time) than 1 cast of arcane blast. You need to make sure you starting casting again as soon as missiles is done channeling. On the same note, don't clip your channel either.

You should use 2 supernovas per crystal. Just don't use crystal for like 5-10 seconds to be able to get 2 supernovas into the crystal. It's so much damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btdubs: What happens when you clip missiles? Quartz just shows the lost missiles in the next cast.. does the pandemic effect work for channels too?

You lose those missile ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Btdubs: What happens when you clip missiles? Quartz just shows the lost missiles in the next cast.. does the pandemic effect work for channels too?
    Imagine casting missiles and clipping it immediately. You wouldn't do that, so you shouldn't clip it at any point to cast AB since you'll be investing time to cast an ability without getting the full damage from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    1 cast of missiles at 4 stacks does more dpet (damage per effective time aka cast time) than 1 cast of arcane blast.
    Do you have any source for this? Cause it sounds plain false. Simming myself my DpE for arcane blast is 37276 and for AM 41935. And the sim basically never ever use AM before 4 stacks, while it uses arcane blast to build up to 4 charges.

Quote Originally Posted by rerre View Post
    Do you have any source for this? Cause it sounds plain false. Simming myself my DpE for arcane blast is 37276 and for AM 41935. And the sim basically never ever use AM before 4 stacks, while it uses arcane blast to build up to 4 charges.
    What? You just answered your own question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    You lose those missile ticks.
    Only if you clip too early, AM gets the pandemic effect as well (33% is trasnferred to the next cast)

If I shoot 4 missiles and clip another AM the 2nd AM shoots 6.

Might help people not clip AM with AB ~
    Code:
    /cast [nochanneling] Arcane Blast
    Allows you to mash AB whilst channelling AM so you cast it ASAP. Literally just make the same macro for any other spell other than AM itself if you want.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-16 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    What? You just answered your own question.
    No, because it almost never uses arcane missiles before 4 stacks (remember both AM and AB gets a lot stronger with stacks) so of course arcane blast is gonna show that it deals less damage than missiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Might help people not clip AM with AB ~
    Code:
    /cast [nochannelling] Arcane Blast
    Allows you to mash AB whilst channelling AM so you cast it ASAP. Literally just make the same macro for any other spell other than AM itself if you want.
    I personally prefer this: /cast [nochanneling:Arcane missiles] Arcane blast
    Then you can interrupt evocation when you want which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's [nochanneling]*, one l not two

Nochanneling is fine, just don't try to play with a high/spiky ms if you do that since it won't fire client-side until the previous AM channel is done. If it's too high, that's just all the more time added to every cast, but if you play with like 2-30ms [hi Australia/Asia] you can spam away with pretty much no penalty. Part of me wishes Arcane had proper spell queuing with no risk of clipping, but it's a limitation of the 'channeled'-spell system

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    It's [nochanneling]*, one l not two
    Stupid American spellings. >.< But yeah you're right, in-game it will be the US one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    So it seems that I'm pulling better numbers by simply blasting at the opener and forgetting my missile procs into my PC.
    It ends my burst phase rather quickly but makes for one hell of a burst. Is this stupid? haha

Also, I'm not glyphing AP as I've read almost 50/50 for or against it.
    I'm also noticing that I can get exactly ONE Supernova off in between burst phases into my PC. Is this normal, to basically save them to blow 2 into my PC?
    (giggidy)

Simply computing the dps from the spell tooltip you will notice at 4 stacks AB dps is higher than AM.
    In my case:
    AM: 8354*5/1.88 = 22218 dps
    AB: 39012 / 1.69 = 23084 dps

But here comes the mastery:
    Ab cost 16000(ab cost)-5191(mana regen during this time)= 10809 mana, 6.8% base mana
    So every AB cast will lower all your next spells dmg by a amound based on your current mastery, the higher the mastery - the more you lose. Even if AB dps is higher the amount lost on second cast and the following ones will make it a loss already.
    Last edited by mmoc6029d95ab1; 2015-03-16 at 11:13 PM.