Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    lets fix itemlevel instead of fix frost dk:s brilliant idea blizzard! its more important!!!!! damn idiots

What a bizarre change, and yeah, unless HP is increased in Blackrock Foundry it essentially nerfs the raid as everyone's BRF gear will be increasing by 5 item levels each.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a great change. My guild is still mostly in Normal BRF, with some heroic fights too, but most normal gear gets DEd now because going from 670 to 665 makes no sense. Plus the ilvl boost will help out on those fights that are still a pain to do and maybe help us get Blackhand quicker.

So, I don't see it mentioned, but will there be any change of ilvl in the Legendary Ring then? Was supposed to be marginally better right, so are you just making the gap that much smaller? Not a biggie, just curious.

Deleted
    So their excuse is, players that were doing HC Highmaul will go into Normal Blackrock and downgrade gear? cool, so why not nerf Highmaul gear? I guess they overlooked that.

Deleted
    This was definitely in order. HC BRF items really weren't that much of an upgrade to a guild that's been clearing HC HM for quite some time, but didn't/still can't venture into Mythic because of a small roster.

I like this change so far with BRF my ilvl went from 883 to 879 so now at least it will be up again.

Problem is I think the zones were suppose to be more side by side. Instead HM started to take on the feel of a tier on itself. Then BRF took on the feel of a tier itself. At least for those that didn't just burn though it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    So their excuse is, players that were doing HC Highmaul will go into Normal Blackrock and downgrade gear? cool, so why not nerf Highmaul gear? I guess they overlooked that.
    Because it's better to reward than punish, which is what nerfing gear people already have would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Because it's better to reward than punish, which is what nerfing gear people already have would be.
    Depends which way you look at it, I feel punished given the increase item level, and a lot of my guild think its BS, I have a feeling a lot of people that actually want to progress will feel the same, now you have to kill the bosses knowing you did it post-nerf. 5 ilvls is a BIG deal. What you mean is theres "more" people who see a reward in this, then there is a "punishment". I havent saw the argument that Blizzard caters for casuals, but this is turning my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    meh its just more itemlevel bloat....
    meh, its just another discontent baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great change.

Playing in a friend&family guild with a lot of below average players we hardly managed 6/7 HM (doing usually 5/7 on farm day now).
    8/10 NM but when loot drop more than half go to disenchant because of the ilvl being too low. At least now we can have sidegrades. (and no, we don't belong to BF HM yet, we tried it and got destroyed).

Really nice move from Blizzard for relaxed (you can think bad) guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Great change.

Playing in a friend&family guild with a lot of below average players we hardly managed 6/7 HM (doing usually 5/7 on farm day now).
    8/10 NM but when loot drop more than half go to disenchant because of the ilvl being too low. At least now we can have sidegrades. (and no, we don't belong to BF HM yet, we tried it and got destroyed).

Really nice move from Blizzard for relaxed (you can think bad) guilds.
    I am sorry to say this.. But it's not the iLvl that keeps you from progressing The mechanics are still not skippable with 5 more ilvls, but atleast blizzard is trying to convince your delusional mind, the opposite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I don't really like it since it makes M HM worth less.
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but higher Itemlevel does not mean better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Not going to happen but because the stats on gear increase, this will be a colleteral buff to the Legend Ring stats proc.
    Am curious what happens to the Sets on Raid Fynder. Will they remain 655 or become 660?

OT: This is going to gimp PvPers in the World again. Nothing you can do in your 690 vs people with 700 gear each of which has a chance on bonus Socket/Leech/bonus ilvl.
    As far as I'm aware, are tertiary stats and sockets not disabled in pvp? The proc from the legendary ring is disabled too, as otherwise like you say, pvpers would be totally destroyed by PvE players.

EDIT: Baww, in the game world, misunderstood what you meant. Thought you meant pvpers in the world as in the players, not in World PvP.

Deleted
    It's still the same tier, that would be too much.
    Nope, this is the illusory raid tier that (they hope) will keep you from noticing that the next raid tier isn't coming until 6.3 hits.

"It's not a new tier guys! The items levels are to close."

What a pathetic company. Can't stick to anything they say ever.

I'm failing to see the point of this change. They're making Heroic HM = BRF Normal, which is fine and all... but now you have a lot more gear that is literally the same statwise. Normal BRF is a great way to learn mechanics. Sure, the loot isn't as good, but if you're a semi-casual guild, use Normal to learn fights then progress to Heroic. (Think of it as 18 bosses that drop the same loot, Yay that's exciting!)

Now I have no reason to visit HM to try and get 5ilvl upgrades, since its all in BRF now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Depends which way you look at it, I feel punished given the increase item level, and a lot of my guild think its BS, I have a feeling a lot of people that actually want to progress will feel the same, now you have to kill the bosses knowing you did it post-nerf. 5 ilvls is a BIG deal. What you mean is theres "more" people who see a reward in this, then there is a "punishment". I havent saw the argument that Blizzard caters for casuals, but this is turning my head.
    If it's all about clearing it with a slightly lower ilvl to prove how hard you are (note: nobody cares about your guild's progression but your guild), have everyone equip a few pieces of HM gear to drop your ilvl by 5 points. Or do it pantsless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    I disagree on scrapping the warforged gear, but they shouldn't have it on mythic at all... The idea of when I down a mythic boss and thinking "meh its not wf" is kinda discouraging, mythic loot should be the be all end all for the tier of raiding and not ruined by a chance of warforged.
    I disagree. Killing the heroic/mythic bosses you have on farm and still having a chance at an upgrade is one of the few joys left for those nights. It is one of the best ideas they've had. If they took that away, it would hurt motivation substantially. I know I don't speak for every raider, but everyone I personally know feels this way... overwhelmingly.