Fire mage - crit vs mastery?

hello fellow mages.
    I'm curious if there is any posts/guides out there that talk about the balance between crit vs mastery for fire?

every guide I have found says that mastery is our top stat, but there must be some balance between crit and mastery.I mean 100% mastery and 0% crit would give no ignite dmg, and likewise 100%crit and 0% mastery would make any good sites. so what's the perfect balance?

I'm currently at 22% crit and 42% mastery buffed. It makes for good ignites, but not i feel that I'm lacking crit.

thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by heispeik View Post
    hello fellow mages.
    I'm curious if there is any posts/guides out there that talk about the balance between crit vs mastery for fire?

every guide I have found says that mastery is our top stat, but there must be some balance between crit and mastery.I mean 100% mastery and 0% crit would give no ignite dmg, and likewise 100%crit and 0% mastery would make any good sites. so what's the perfect balance?

I'm currently at 22% crit and 42% mastery buffed. It makes for good ignites, but not i feel that I'm lacking crit.

thoughts on this?
    Simcraft yourself, but before that i can tell you if you dont have 4pc you should stay crit>mastery

Mastery is better for me now and i have 35%crit 33%mastery self buffed no flask/food ilvl 681

Link me your armory and ill simcraft you if you want.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2015-03-15 at 12:37 PM.

I mean 100% mastery and 0% crit would give no ignite dmg, and likewise 100%crit and 0% mastery would make any good sites. so what's the perfect balance?
    Ignite is no longer based on Crits only. That was back in pre-MoP (Cata?)

thoughts on this?
    Uh... 22% EXTRA crit? Your base crit should be 25%... (5% base for all players, +5% from Mage buff, +15% from Molten Armor)

If you're at 47% prior to CM, yeah, you should definitely shoot for some Mastery. Also make sure to get at least 900 Haste for your 4P!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

22% crit and 42% mastery buffed was a lie from askmrrobot... forget that please=)

provaporous: here is my armory link
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Heisman/simple

Deleted
    Crit > mastery for single target.

Mastery > crit for cleave/AoE.

This is including 4pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Crit > mastery for single target.

Mastery > crit for cleave/AoE.

This is including 4pc.
    But who plays Fire for Single Target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Lots of people. Not everyone min/maxes and if they aren't pushing Mythic progression its not going to matter for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that find Arcane boring.

Definitely mastery > crit for AoE/cleave fights. With the ilvl increase coming on Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised to be close to 50% mastery as fire

Also my arcane and fire gear set is literally the exact same pieces. It's awesome.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Deleted
    Me because Arcane isn't any fun for me.

Deleted
    mastery > crit for AoE Dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanator1989 View Post
    Also my arcane and fire gear set is literally the exact same pieces. It's awesome.
    Basically this ^ if you are doing the arcane/fire split based on fights. Mastery trumps all.