Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You mean super retarded RNG spec getting lucky on procs beats non-RNG spec sometimes?

BM has massive DPS variation, looking at top parses means nothing since those parses are from lucky people.
    Eh. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...91&dataset=100 quite clearly shows BM hunters are top on gruul at every. single. percentile. Not just "super lucky 90-99th percentile". EVERY. GODDAMN. PERCENTILE. The only thing that they're not is "max", because one lucky arcane mage with gear out his ass beat hunters (max just shows the highest log from each spec).
    Are you going to argue that the 25th percentilers just got "super lucky" xd? Or could it be because, as a spec, BM is doing better than every other spec (and thus their 25th percentiles are still going to beat other classes 25th percentiles)? Naw, couldn't be. Let's just blame it on RNG.

Disclaimer: I hate the RNG bullshit that is BW resets and Frenzy procs as much as the next guy, but just because it's annoying doesn't make the class any less powerfull. Even with moderate RNG, at all levels of play, BM has impeccable performance on singletarget VS any other spec. Hunters. Are. Strong.

BM is top dog on Gruul no doubt, but a lot of that has to do with fight length. Fights ending after you get the majority (or all of) your second stampede in a single target fight is going to skew things for BM. Give it a week or 2, (especially after the hotfix tomorrow increasing all BRF gear by 5 ilvls) when all the kill times become a flat 5 minutes or less. BM will still do really well, but not like it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    BM is top dog on Gruul no doubt, but a lot of that has to do with fight length. Fights ending after you get the majority (or all of) your second stampede in a single target fight is going to skew things for BM. Give it a week or 2, (especially after the hotfix tomorrow increasing all BRF gear by 5 ilvls) when all the kill times become a flat 5 minutes or less. BM will still do really well, but not like it is currently.
    You could make that argument for all classes, on all fights. That's why we prefer a large sample size (such as overall percentile rankings), rather than a single log as evidence that people are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WARCRAFT LOGS. `i thought most of the top guilds don't make records public?

I still like SV the most out of all 3 specs, solid damage, lining up trinket/racial+L&L+TotH is serious burst and by the end of the fight I did solid damage!

PvP wise I prefer SV again as its more fun with the 'trap' and 'DoT' dynamic AND I get to use Frozen Arrow which frustrates the hell out of players hehehe

"top guilds" not recording logs is irrelevant in this case I'm afraid. If the top 100 arcane mages aren't logging because the best 50 guilds won't show their logs, then by proxy, you can also assume the top 100 boomkins, hunters, warlocks and what have you are also not logging. What we are left with might then not be the THEORETICAL maximum outputs, but it'll be the best people after those 100 and down. Still a completly valid sample, that has no bias in any way by including "better" players of another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...91&dataset=100 quite clearly shows BM hunters are top on gruul at every. single. percentile. Not just "super lucky 90-99th percentile". EVERY. GODDAMN. PERCENTILE. The only thing that they're not is "max", because one lucky arcane mage with gear out his ass beat hunters (max just shows the highest log from each spec).
    Are you going to argue that the 25th percentilers just got "super lucky" xd? Or could it be because, as a spec, BM is doing better than every other spec (and thus their 25th percentiles are still going to beat other classes 25th percentiles)? Naw, couldn't be. Let's just blame it on RNG.

Disclaimer: I hate the RNG bullshit that is BW resets and Frenzy procs as much as the next guy, but just because it's annoying doesn't make the class any less powerfull. Even with moderate RNG, at all levels of play, BM has impeccable performance on singletarget VS any other spec. Hunters. Are. Strong.
    if you have played BM this patch, you would know that RNG makes for 20% of our dps, unlucky = 40k dps, lucky = 50k+
    some people rather play MM and hit a constant 45k dps ..

ps: for christ sake, both of our CDs are under RNG conditions, that's fucked up, why didn't they just make KC reduce the cd on BW by 5 seconds or something like that .

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncosta View Post
    if you have played BM this patch, you would know that RNG makes for 20% of our dps, unlucky = 40k dps, lucky = 50k+
    some people rather play MM and hit a constant 45k dps ..

ps: for christ sake, both of our CDs are under RNG conditions, that's fucked up, why didn't they just make KC reduce the cd on BW by 5 seconds or something like that .
    Uh. Yea. READ THE FUCKING POST, THANK YOU VERY MUCH?
    I know very well that all of BM is RNG. So is warrior, and ret paladin, and a myriad of other classes' output, though. Either way, it doesn't change that at every single percentile threshold, HUNTERS ARE THE BEST PERFORMERS. If you don't understand what that means (and how it means that our RNG is "consistent" enough to put BM in the top spot singletarget), then I can't help you, and quite frankly, I don't want to. It'd be a waste of time.

Hunters are pretty solid (all 3 specs), and as ranged they are the most mobile and there are a few fights that require you to be mobile - but like all things, it depends on the player behind it... they are also the most played class in the game, bare that in mind when looking for raids or raidnig guilds. Most decent guilds will already have 1 if not 2 on their raiding roster...

also, BM is only as good as it is with 4pc, otherwise all 3 specs are pretty close in terms of output. But fox and mobiity make them a pretty good choice...

Deleted
    I can safely say that in my 6-7 years of playing this game that Hunters right now have been the most enjoyable class play-style. All three specs are competitive and non-clunky, and all three have benefits. Hunters are also one of the most mobile if not the most mobile ranged class, it's like you are playing melee. This is in contrast to my mage in which I feel is at a pretty clunky and un-enjoyable place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Hunters are pretty solid (all 3 specs), and as ranged they are the most mobile and there are a few fights that require you to be mobile - but like all things, it depends on the player behind it... they are also the most played class in the game, bare that in mind when looking for raids or raidnig guilds. Most decent guilds will already have 1 if not 2 on their raiding roster...

also, BM is only as good as it is with 4pc, otherwise all 3 specs are pretty close in terms of output. But fox and mobiity make them a pretty good choice...

And you can easy go raid with 4 Hunters because they are so strong right now

Deleted
    You guys forget that they have a pretty good raid cooldown ( aspect of the fox )

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Oh, if only you could prove that.
    He's widely considered one of the best hunters in WoW.... With that said, it's easy to say they're the best when you're one of the best, coming from lower, they're mid->above the group.

Every class will have the people who refuse to see the data and say "its all luck / rng / abuse." Every single class. There are people who will argue and say mage hasn't always been blizz's pet class.

Either way, back to topic, Hunter are in an amazing place right now and very close to the top on every fight except possibly one or two. There are a few classes that will beat them on fights, but as a hunter you should be top 5 to top 3 dps every single boss. The only exception would be if your raid class stacks and it is that classes fight to shine.

Easy proof would be the simple question "Could I replace class X with a hunter and be equal or better off?" The answer is almost always yes right now. Hunters can bring whatever raid buff you need, perform ranged mechanics like a beast, do high numbers, do burst, do sustained, everything.
    Last edited by Skul; 2015-03-17 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redanqt View Post
    And you can easy go raid with 4 Hunters because they are so strong right now
    Most Guilds wont stack that many of any class unless it is for a specific reason...(Method on 1st Mythic Furnace kill for example used 5 Boomies) - but you could take ALL Hunters for your dps slots i guess if it came down to it - you'd miss a lot of raid cd's, but depending on what you're doing, nothing is impossible... just not really practical...

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Most Guilds wont stack that many of any class unless it is for a specific reason...(Method on 1st Mythic Furnace kill for example used 5 Boomies) - but you could take ALL Hunters for your dps slots i guess if it came down to it - you'd miss a lot of raid cd's, but depending on what you're doing, nothing is impossible... just not really practical...
    Just imagine every single Hunter hitting BW at the same time, and Lust/Hero coming in. Glorious.

Deleted
    This time is unique to hunters. All three specs are more than viable to even high end progress, there arent any fights where hunters would be carried because class sucks, actually it's the opposite. Like Kenny said, enjoy while it lasts.

See now, if you had asked "Do people like to argue and be rude to each other just because a forum is anonymous?" -- this topic would've been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    See now, if you had asked "Do people like to argue and be rude to each other just because a forum is anonymous?" -- this topic would've been amazing.
    Forums everywhere - anonomus insults from screen ruffians LOL!

Thanks for this compilation. Really useful and always up to date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WARCRAFT LOGS. `i thought most of the top guilds don't make records public?

I still like SV the most out of all 3 specs, solid damage, lining up trinket/racial+L&L+TotH is serious burst and by the end of the fight I did solid damage!

PvP wise I prefer SV again as its more fun with the 'trap' and 'DoT' dynamic AND I get to use Frozen Arrow which frustrates the hell out of players hehehe
    I think he's not aiming for world top guilds, he's getting back into the game and want an overall view. Let's not nitpick about numbers here guys hunters are clearly in a good spot atm.