Hunter control, assist or passive with macros?

Just wondering what pvp hunters are using in terms of pet control, reading a similar thread on the pve forums got me thinking. I usually have my pet on assist, but i have noticed recently, mostly in bgs that once i have the killing blow on one unlucky sucker, my pet goes on a rampage, usually targeting the wrong target. I didnt see it as so much of a problem as i run blink strikes which allows my pet to get on target pretty quick. What are everyones opinions on the matter, should i go macros on my basic attacks to make it more efficient?

I use three macros to control my pet. They are not linked to any attacks.

The first one I use is a "heel" macro. This brings the pet to my side no matter what he's doing.

/petpassive
    /petfollow

The next is a simple assist macro to tell him to attack whatever I'm attacking.

/petassist

The last is probably the most important macro. This macro orders my pet to sit on a single target and stay on him no matter what target I swap to. You can even have another target selected, hit Kill Command, and it will attack your pets target, not yours.

/petpassive
    /petattack [@target]

Deleted
    Just use /petattack /Arcane Shot. really important if your fighting decent hunters to keep your pet on passive or he will have his pet growl your pet. I've beaten better geared hunters doing that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use manual control for my hunter on the rare occasions that i play SV (Usually Lonewolf MM).

Alt-MouseUp = Attack
    Alt-MouseDown = Return
    Alt-Mouse Button 3 = Pet Ability 1
    Alt-Mousebutton 4 = Pet Ability 2

I find that that is sufficient for most situations and pets. Stuff like masters call and RoS i macro as regular on use abilities. I use the same setup for my frost mage. I do keep the pet on passive. I am comfortable enough with my hunter play and situational awareness that i can manage the pet in pvp without too much effort.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-03-16 at 01:28 PM.