Poll: Wich expansion did you enjoy the LEAST

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    WoD because of no flying. I won't sub again until it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Let's ignore that ICC was pretty much the definition of mediocrity. The only reason people actually liked it was because of the whole Lich King hype.
    No, people liked ICC because during that period, there was plenty of easy group content to run which made for a reasonable social experience.

People didn't get all bent out of shape over being grouped with "bads" in 5-mans, because it didn't matter much. So it was for the most part pretty relaxed and calm.

The weekly raid quest was easy to do and made a fun "outing" for people who otherwise never raided. Likewise VoA.

ICC itself was plagued by "gearscore" but it was certainly accessible in one way or another to anyone who wanted to participate.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD for sure. Every other expansion had some other redeeming quality to it. WoD has zero. Garrisons weren't a mechanism of extra content, they were a shackle in disguise. First time I've ever unsubbed without the intention of coming back. Permanently have moved to ESO and happy I did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Permanently have moved to ESO and happy I did.
    Oh man. You know wow is bad when people are doing this.

Well so far it looks like WoD and Cata are in the lead. I was really expecting more MoP hate.

Kinda surprised anyone put WoTLK on the worst, I mean to each there own but are these just the people that quit during WoTLK?

TBC had Hyjal, which was quite shit, but all other raids were good. They might not be omgamazing when looking back at them now, but every single raid had a certain charm that just made them awesome.

WotLK had Ulduar which was good, Anub'Arak was good, LK, Putricide and Sindragosa were good. That's where the good words about WotLK end. Rehashed Naxx, ToGC and ICC were all really shit overall.

Cata had t11 which was the best raid tier of all time, and FL was also quite good, even if it the number of bosses was too low. Yes, DS was really bad, but look at it this way. Cata had 1 bad raid. WotLK had 1 good raid.

MoP didn't have amazing raids, but it didn't have a single bad raid either, so voting MoP wouldn't make any sense.

WoD is fresh, but both HM and BRF have been good so far. Maybe not t11/Ulduar lvl of good, but certainly close. Still, even if you don't like those two raids, it's still way too early to vote for WoD as "worst expansion".

You might not agree with the above, and I understand that Cata is the universally most disliked expansion (which to me is weird, since I consider the period between 4.0 - 4.3 to be the most fun I ever had in this game, started playing 2 weeks after TBC was released), but the reasoning for voting WotLK as "least fav" is there.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2015-03-29 at 03:37 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread kind of proves the nostalgia goggles. Vanilla was an absolute mess in comparison to what we have now.
    First off Vanilla isn't an expansion, but since you've commented on it I'd like to reply to what you've said.

I've seen people complain that the game has been dumbed down since then. I guess they forgot that every single viable spec back then was a one button spec.
    If you were raiding 40 man Naxxrammas as you claim to have been, you'd know all-to-well that plenty of rotations consisted of more than just one button.

Spell down-ranking alone accounted for multiple buttons in many healing rotations. Managing your mana was a skill, and Threat management too.

Secondly, your statements don't disprove that the game has become "dumbed down" since. In fact, it's highly misleading and just plain old wrong. Raid mechanics were more unforgiving then. Couple this with the fact that not every class had multiple defensive cooldowns (if even more than 1), and it's very easy to see that the game was very difficult then, just in different ways.

The difficulties were in the logistics of a 40 man raid team, the RPG-elements such as consumables and required resistances, limited loot drops, WAY less addons (now-a-days it plays the game for you), WAY less theory-crafting and min/maxing knowledge, limited class abilities/movement, and lesser internet connections/computers.

It's quite fruitless to try and compare 40 man raiding to Mythic raiding of today.

Hell, we literally had a warrior tank that had a castsequence sunder armor macro running for most boss fights. I still remember him saying "Brb, going to make a sandwich" while tanking Patchwork.
    And this is where I say, yeah - bullshit. No tank was AFK making a sandwhich during Patchwerk in Naxx 40.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I took looooong breaks during TBC and WoD... so anything involving Draenor/Outlands personally is looking rough. The reasons are much different though, but it would be between these two expansions personally.
    TBC I just couldn't "get into" the Outlands, just something about the whole ordeal didn't capture my interest, though to be honest had I not been in the military I would have continued playing.
    WoD was really enjoyable the first month or so and after that boredom took over, and going back to do old things just wasn't what I wanted to log on for. I loved Classic, when I play on private servers obviously I'm glad the game grew but nothing can replace the friendships and journey I had. I won't comment on WotLK since I barely played it, Cata I really enjoyed since I had tons of friends in game. Even Dragon Soul was bearable for a year, because I really liked the people I played with. MoP was up and down a lot, but at the end of the day I enjoyed it more then not.
    WoD, just really hasn't had much to offer me minus raiding, and garrisons are not my thing. TBC didn't interest me a whole lot, I had outside factors kind of pushing my hand to quit for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Hell, we literally had a warrior tank that had a castsequence sunder armor macro running for most boss fights. I still remember him saying "Brb, going to make a sandwich" while tanking Patchwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    And this is where I say, yeah - bullshit. No tank was AFK making a sandwhich during Patchwerk in Naxx 40.
    There's also the fact that that's not how castsequence macros work. If you have one ability in a castsequence macro, it does nothing. If you had one that was say frostbolt and another, icelance, the one press would cast frostbolt, the next icelance, the third press would be frostbolt, and so on. It's not a script that automates your rotation.
    Last edited by Justin-Sane; 2015-03-29 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Oh man. You know wow is bad when people are doing this.
    ESO doesn't deserve the bad rap it get's. The game was hyped to be terrible from people like TotalBiscuit and AngryJoe (who get more hits for negative reviews and topics than positive ones) and the sheeple followed blindly. Not to mention, almost everyones 'bad opinion' of it came during it's closed beta.

Let's ignore that ICC was pretty much the definition of mediocrity. The only reason people actually liked it was because of the whole Lich King hype.
    What other epic fight did you have in ICC? The only one that comes to mind is Putricide as an actual fun encounter that was sufficiently challenging. The rest was either undertuned immensily, or just a massive annoyance to everyone in the raid. I mean, aside from Lich King, Putricide and Sindragosa, I honestly can't remember a fight in that instance that was actually challenging. And Sindragosa channels the bad kind of memories.

The arbitrary gating system also helped no body.
    I thought it was a fun raid to heal on 25H, I enjoyed the majority of the bosses.

In order of dissapointment:

WoD, Cataclysm, Burning Crusade, Mists of Pandaria, Wrath of the Lich King,

Deleted
    I want to know who the hell would vote BC? Those days were insane haha

WoD. Hate garrisons. Hate no flying. Hate the linear questing. Hate Ashran. Hate what they did to professions. Love the music and some of the zones though. Unsubbed and uninstalled until a better xpac comes along.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I dislike the lack of content in WOD, Cataclysm pre-4.3 is worse. Both those expansions caused me to stop playing.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

WoD, actually.

The lore is completely uninspiring. I tend to do more productive things nowadays than play World of Orcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD for the moment have terrible lore it's pure nonsense but i'm enjoying raiding in BRF
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade.

I think wod by far and I think that wod is worse than cataclysm.

What other epic fight did you have in ICC? The only one that comes to mind is Putricide as an actual fun encounter that was sufficiently challenging. The rest was either undertuned immensily, or just a massive annoyance to everyone in the raid. I mean, aside from Lich King, Putricide and Sindragosa, I honestly can't remember a fight in that instance that was actually challenging. And Sindragosa channels the bad kind of memories.

The arbitrary gating system also helped no body.
    yes yes ICC was terrible and people loved it and wotlk only because arthas was in it we all know that.
    But seriously putricide even on heroic was not difficult.

It was 25sindragosa H and blood prince council 10H
    sind because positioning on 25 and blood prince on 10 because of the stupid spawning of the falling orbs across the entire room while taking dmg if you move with not enough people to cover most of it.