Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    With haste caps gone I see no reason to add reforging back. The only other class I can think of with caps is frost mage with crit cap but outside that nobody has exact values they need.

The one thing I hope for is cheaper regemming/re-enchanting so you can focus on another stat without spending 10k gold every time.

Quote Originally Posted by JebJoya View Post
    I appreciate that this argument is exactly the argument that some are giving for why reforging shouldn't have been removed (it would have become easier with the removal of hit/expertise). My argument is that it'd become boring for precisely those reasons.
    But isn't that the case for enchants and gems? And i'm aware that they removed a lot of those too, but is not like they are something fun to do either, is just a chore that every player feels forced to do as soon as they get a new item with a gem socket or that can be enchanted. Why is it OK for those two but not for reforging? The same arguments that many posters are using against reforging could be used against gems and enchants, but somehow those are fine even when they share exactly the same problems that reforging could have in the actual game.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    This would only be true if these additional modifications affected base item stats, which was reforging's whole point, let alone inversely per stat weight. An item with low-value secondaries is unchanged in net value because an item with high-value stats can be enchanted and gemmed identically.

So we could probably agree that reforging isn't essential, but "entirely unnecessary" is factually incorrect.
    Would be nice if you read and included the whole post where I suggested the gem slots themselves could go back to being included in the item's budget, but those stats only 'counted' toward the item level when a gem was put in place.

Again, there's plenty of customisation options, they're just not explored or used to their fullest extent. Reforging isn't necessary, when its 'effect' could be applied in other, already existing customisation methods.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-03-17 at 11:58 AM.