10+ Year Old Account

friends becoming satanist

So I'm not sure if this is against the rules but. My friends, or at least the group I am hanging out with at ky community college are starting to become Satanist. Normally I wouldn't care about most religions but since they've started they have been acting as if they have split personalities and doing stupid fucking acts in public. They've also been trying to hide it when I ask what their doing.
    Km not a very religious nut but I can say I'm a christan and this has been bugging me for a month now.so is there any advice other then "walk away" that idk can male things better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry those kind of groups tend to burn themselves out over time..... or was it burn themselves up.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is against the rules but. My friends, or at least the group I am hanging out with at ky community college are starting to become Satanist. Normally I wouldn't care about most religions but since they've started they have been acting as if they have split personalities and doing stupid fucking acts in public. They've also been trying to hide it when I ask what their doing.
    Km not a very religious nut but I can say I'm a christan and this has been bugging me for a month now.so is there any advice other then "walk away" that idk can male things better.
    Don't worry, they aren't becoming satanists. They are just going through their "being a complete fucktard" teenage phase.
    (Unless I'm wrong and Satanists actually do pretend to have split personalities, which would still be really dumb)

15+ Year Old Account
    Uhm. Like, real satanists (self-improvement, secularism, liberalism, etc.) or are they worshiping some goat-man with horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Don't worry those kind of groups tend to burn themselves out over time..... or was it burn themselves up.....
    "and I fell fell fell into a burning ring of fire"

But seriously, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, just let them know that it's not their beliefs, but their behavior making you uncomfortable.

Either they'll respect that, or you'll be there next sacrifice.
    Both fix your issue though!
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-03-16 at 07:20 PM.

So, not the type that engages in hilarious acts of political irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussing religion here is against the rules. (I'm also a Christian just FYI)

Discussing what you can do for/about your friends is not. Therefore, I suggest you educate yourself on what a Satanist is to begin with (They're not actually devil worshipers). If they turn into a bunch of jerks and you don't like it, you have a few options.

1. Continue to hang around them and don't really discuss their choices. Either they will become more like you or you will become more like them.
    2. Continue to hang around them and call them out when they're being assholes. They'll stop being assholes or else stop being your friend.
    3. If you really don't like them and don't actually care much for them then ditch them and move on with your life.
    4. Probably more options but those are just the ones I came up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Before this thread gets locked, are they LaVeyan Satanists? If so, then this is for you to read up on.

http://people.opposingviews.com/lave...iefs-3813.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan

They're actually not bad people; the "Satanist" part is more of a slap to the face to religious zealots than it is an actual practice of worship to a deity (Those people are Theistic Satanists) Also, you cannot be indoctrinated into the Church of Satan (LaVeyan Satanism) like you can in other religions at a young age; You have to knowingly and willingly join the church.

For Theistic Satanists (the ones that think Satan/Lucifer is an actual entity and deity) look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#Theistic_Satanism

To answer your question: Follow your own dogma. Judge not lest ye be judged. Pick the log out of your eye before you pick the splinter of your neighbor. etc etc.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Would you mind if they were becoming jews / muslims? in what way is satanism any worse than any other religion?

15+ Year Old Account
    If somebody identifies as a "satanist" and believes they're actually able to communicate or interact with the devil, they're actually Christians being obstinate for the sake of being different. Those are usually going to be young people going through some kind of rebellious phase.

If somebody says they're part of the church of Satan, they're atheists that use the moniker to annoy Christians. The group is really about enjoying life now to it's fullest and any worship of the devil is purely ironic.

So, one camp is transitory and one camp is full of mostly benign hipsters. It's your choice if you want to endure either.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Would you mind if they were becoming jews / muslims? in what way is satanism any worse than any other religion?
    They act as if they have split personalitys.

There's a grand canyon-sized gap between Satanists and devil worshippers.

One is a satirical group of atheists, the other is a bunch of weirdos drinking fake blood and following some gay wannabe witchcraft fad from the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are wearing all black with pony tails they might be
    if you catch the rolling around in goat blood well i wouldn't be friends with them
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They act as if they have split personalitys.
    They're being idiots under the guise of devil worship then. they'll probably get over it eventually.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussions concerning religion are not permitted here, as per the General Off-Topic Rules and Guidelines

Closed.