Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Warcraft overall had a shitty story, hell if you read about its origins the lore was so freaking basic you'd be pissed and they started creating things on the go, but it doesn't excuse them as generic fantasy storylines:
    -Arthas is a good guy that in looking for his goal he loses everything, WHAT A TWIST.
    -Thrall is really a good guy but no one understands him, he's pretty much romeo and his juliet is jaina, WHAT A TWIST.
    -Illidan is not much far from arthas, but more of a dick.
    I know hating on warcraft is cool, but I can't agree. Arthas' corruption was a decent story, as far as fantasy stories go.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I know hating on warcraft is cool, but I can't agree. Arthas' corruption was a decent story, as far as fantasy stories go.
    If you replay it, you will notice there actualy wasnt much of a buildup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Replay through the Banjo-Kazooie games as an adult after having played through them as a kid

You'll have a literal laundry list
    Where are you referring to? :P I don't get this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    What? i'm not hating on Warcraft, i love warcraft as an RTS, it's fucking GOOOOD, i despise world of warcraft as an mmo... but that's pretty much my criticism for almost the entire MMO genre, but the warcraft storyarch is bad, if you ever read about warcraft 1 and how the lore got created you'll get what i stated with the "made up lore on the spot".
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Legend of Dragoon.... Rose's ability where she menstruates and the blood dripping out of her opens a door to Hell and everything opposing her dies. I just wasn't old enough to understand the context or the parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Legend of Dragoon.... Rose's ability where she menstruates and the blood dripping out of her opens a door to Hell and everything opposing her dies. I just wasn't old enough to understand the context or the parallel.
    OMG my childhood memories of legend of the dragoon have been ruined!!!! How could you!?

Wtf now that I think about it....yea..I'll stop here.

The NES boxing game Ring King has a messed up cut scene between rounds. As a kid I thought it was a small trainer tending to your fighter. As an adult I realized every fighter looks like John Holmes and your trainer is just giving you a blowjob.

Last edited by dwightyo39; 2015-03-17 at 09:33 PM.

While this isn't something I realized, a Nintendo employee posing as the Happy Mask Salesman from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask on Miiverse gave a more chilling reason for why Link screams when he's putting on the transformation masks in Majora's Mask.

It's very simple! The boundless sorrow surrounding each mask comes rushing inside the wearer when they put it on, so the urge to scream is quite understandable, really.