Deleted

Skywatcher - Monk's fourth spec [no concept]

There's totally place for a spellcaster dps monk

school: arcane/nature

He should handle lightnings and some kind of harmful mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    There's totally place for a spellcaster dps monk

school: arcane/nature

He should handle lightnings and some kind of harmful mist.
    All needs cheetos. I think.

To be fair, those look more like shamans. Monks don't have that much elemental/arcane stuff.

However, it wouldn't take much more than a talent to turn some WW monks into casters, making their melee moves useless and their already existing ranged moves much stronger. Blizzard is already experimenting with these kinds of talents, it could be a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what the pandaren should have looked like. not :3
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Monks fourth spec needs to be Zen Archery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This is what the pandaren should have looked like. not :3
    Nope ->
    this one

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    To be fair, those look more like shamans. Monks don't have that much elemental/arcane stuff.

However, it wouldn't take much more than a talent to turn some WW monks into casters, making their melee moves useless and their already existing ranged moves much stronger. Blizzard is already experimenting with these kinds of talents, it could be a matter of time.
    I agree with you on this.

That would be damn awsome. I like that idea, I mean druids got one extra, why not give monks one extra spec aswell? BLIZZ, FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by albertofennema View Post
    If some of you love the game "runescape", I happen to find a really great website that sells really cheap Runescape Golds and fast delivery, I'm a gamelover and I wonder. This is actually the web site : rs2joy.com You're pleasant : )
    Go away
    /10char
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Having an arcane/nature theme would just be plain boring and stale for monks. They don't emanate those vibes at all.

I would be interested in seeing some kind of dark mystic Buddhism theme tied with spellcasting, and a magic school based on negativism.

All this great Pandaren art from blizz themselves.

And yet the males look like crap and the armors are equally crap.

7+ Year Old Account

You mean Lightning and Chi Explosion (Which is a talent)?

Two ability ranged rotation seems heaps fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

That's just art for the original Storm, Earth, Fire ability pandaren brewmaster had in WC3. They were always elemental.

The tank one was earth, the melee dps was fire, and caster was lightning/arcane.

While blizzard dropped most of the elemental aspect from monks altogether, the Storm, Earth, Fire abilities windwalkers still have continues to make one red, one green, and one blue representing each of the elements.

I think what the OP was trying to say is we basically have a tank monk and melee dps monk already, but the arcane/caster monk variant doesn't exist. The storm monk wasn't a healer like mistweaver, it was DPS as well.

Honestly though monk isn't very high on my list of "classes that need a fourth spec" though.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    That's just art for the original Storm, Earth, Fire ability pandaren brewmaster had in WC3. They were always elemental.

The tank one was earth, the melee dps was fire, and caster was lightning/arcane.

While blizzard dropped most of the elemental aspect from monks altogether, the Storm, Earth, Fire abilities windwalkers still have continues to make one red, one green, and one blue representing each of the elements.

I think what the OP was trying to say is we basically have a tank monk and melee dps monk already, but the arcane/caster monk variant doesn't exist. The storm monk wasn't a healer like mistweaver, it was DPS as well.

Honestly though monk isn't very high on my list of "classes that need a fourth spec" though.
    I dunno, Monk healers were Lightningweaving their way to the top in SoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

As a Shaman, ever since Monks gained the ability named 'Storm, Earth & Fire', I have only looked on and asked, "Why?"

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    As a Shaman, ever since Monks gained the ability named 'Storm, Earth & Fire', I have only looked on and asked, "Why?"
    Because they need cheetos.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this thread makes me think is, "HOW THE FUCK DID THEY FUCK UP THE ART STYLE FOR PANDAREN SO FUCKING BAD HOLLLLYYYY SHIT."
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    While the OP isn't very well thought out or detailed, this idea is something that I personally would really enjoy - along with making a ranged paladin DPS spec (shockadin's comin' back, baby!).

Now, on a more serious note, I can totally see a "Stormweaver" or whatever being added; make them deal damage from afar with jade lightning, ranged chi spenders (much like the existing Chi Explosion), and jadefire.

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    Eh, they wanted to give them more AoE & it was a thing in Warcraft 3, so they picked it up from there I guess. I wish they hadn't though, the ability feels very clunky to use even with macros & addons, and it's causing plenty of balancing problems.
    Last edited by mmoc29dbf1bd96; 2015-03-17 at 10:18 AM.

Honestly, they should have stuck with the minor shaman theme for monk in the first place.

They instead went with celestials while 1. Ignoring the crane and 2. Putting barely any white tiger or black ox effects.

Like most things, the monks were largely half assed. Same with the Pandaren: males are way to large, females have 0 facial variety (though thats been a common issue with female faces in WoW)

Like, if they do add a fourth Monk spec. It'll have to be red crane. But at the same time, it'll be hard to do up the effects because they'd need to be fire based, and shamans are gonna bitch.