10+ Year Old Account

So, my Games folder just deleted itself..

My Games folder is suddenly empty. All the games are gone. Tried CHKDSK, tried defragmenting, file recovery, virus scan, nothing helps. It's totally empty. Nothing else has happened, it's just that folder. Any ideas to what can cause something like this?

EDIT: I was installing Elder Scrolls Online, and apparently it deletes any files in the target folder without asking. So problem solved I guess
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...in-that-folder
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-03-17 at 12:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have ESO myself and I've never heard of that. I did install it to a custom folder as well. It certainly didn't delete anything else or itself. That forum post is 1 person with an uncorroborated claim that it deleted their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I have ESO myself and I've never heard of that. I did install it to a custom folder as well. It certainly didn't delete anything else or itself. That forum post is 1 person with an uncorroborated claim that it deleted their stuff.
    It only happens if you don't specify a game folder within that folder. Then the game just throws in all the game files. Usually you would get the message "destination folder is not empty", or the installer will prompt to create a new folder, but in this case, the installer just deletes all content of the folder. And it doesn't even go in the trash, it's permanently deleted. They probably fixed it along time ago, I was using the original discs.

People who installed ESO to an empty folder won't know about this problem. I selected E:/Games assuming that the game would create its own folder in there.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-03-17 at 12:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly...I did C:\Games\Zenimax Online