Poll: Red or Blue pill?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you choose to become noob again if you had the chance?

So imagine someone gives you the chance to reset your wow knowledge.

RED pill: nothing happens, keep playing normally
    BLUE pill: your wow-memory resets and your next login would be like your first step in WoW

As a casual player, I'd choose the blue one.

Please, read the following thoughts:

I think all these annoyiance about WoD, lack of content, cries for everything is just a nostalgia fault. Nostalgia that come from those sweet times we spent hours exploring Azeroth, understanding every aspect of the game.
    Curiosity was our thirst, and everything finding on our path was our water... and there were much of water...
    Now water is pretty over for us, and we're starving for thirst. Our curiosity needs more water. New players (what we were once) are now drinking all the water we have drunk in the past too.
    You won't find them crying in forums because they're too much busy discovering the game we're desperately trying to enjoy as much as once.
    We have not many chances. We just have to accept our experience and try to play without stress or anger. We can change games but the addiction keeps us here and we all know that we won't find actually any game close to WoW in terms of epicness.
    I personally found a new way of enjoyment by helping new players through their leveling, but without speeding their leveling that might disturb or confuse them.
    The conclusion, ladies and gentelman, is that it's not Blizzard's fault, but the fact that we've drunken all the water in WoW.
    Sorry for bad english, not my motherlanguage

Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2015-03-16 at 10:05 PM.

This is something I always think about. WoW was most fun for me when I first started playing, precisely because I didn't know anything. However, I think I've come to far to be willing to just reset. So I'd have to go with red pill.

Deleted
    Finding out new stuff is always fun! Blue pill 100%

Blue pill - forget everything. Also a note that says "Don't play wow".

10+ Year Old Account
    No, screw being a noob! I like discovering new stuff but redoing something I've already done (Even if I wouldn't remember it) seems like a waste of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    This is something I always think about. WoW was most fun for me when I first started playing, precisely because I didn't know anything. However, I think I've come to far to be willing to just reset. So I'd have to go with red pill.
    Indeed. My topic might seem stupid, but all those "lack of content" come from the fact that we're bored to be experienced players. We pretend to be newbie again because we are terrified by not being able to be "sweet" as we were once.
    All we care now is top dps, top scores, top everything... but this won't help our thirst of innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Agreed.

Additionally, I think the community has become way too toxic, especially towards new players. You ask a simple question in game now a days and have a dozen people jump down your throat with ridicule. Back in the days of Vanilla and TBC, your reputation meant something, and the toxic behavior wasn't prevalent like it is now with the dozens of ways there now exist to avoid a negative reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I THANK LORD YES!!!!

I would take that pill so fast... Experience all I enjoy as a n-...

Question, is the thread about 'nOObs' or 'newbs' for they aren't the same thing.

If for newb, then yes. I would eat it and enjoy all the things once more, screw nostalgia when I can see it all as a fresh pair of eyes.

If for nOOb, then no. I rather not be a noob.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    So imagine someone gives you the chance to reset your wow knowledge.

RED pill: nothing happens, keep playing normally
    BLUE pill: your wow-memory resets and your next login would be like your first step in WoW

As a casual player, I'd choose the blue one.
    I'd shove both pills down Morpheus' throat, and walk away.

But, more on-topic: no. I made too many meaningful connections and friendships throughout my years of WoW, I wouldn't throw them away like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah Wow was my 4th big MMO. I didn't come into it all wide eyed and bushy tailed like everyone else, and I'm thankful for this. There's plenty of other things I experience on a normal basis that give me that feeling of learning and satisfaction, I'm not going to choose to rewind my brain just to salvage some sort of entertainment out of a stale game.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hardcore player, id reset, i had so much more fun as a noob, i didnt HAVE to be good at everything, whenever i play a new class numbers force themselves into my brain

Deleted
    100% want to become a noob again. In general I don't feel like I'll ever have that noob-like experience in any MMO, which scares me a bit, but it's the reality of it after spending many years playing MMO's and figuring out the genre. Perhaps some day a new and radically different MMO will come out and change this.

I truly miss my enthusiastic nooby attitude to anything when I first started playing WoW.

you all have something to realize here:

this is not 2005. first, wow is piss easy and if you be a noob again, the feeling of "all is new and exciting" wouldnt last long. second, nearly every game out there is half of a mmo game, cause mmos (wow in general) changed the market completely a few years ago. cause of that, you know all that stuff and it is more of a "ah, in wow this is here and that is there" thing instead of the nostalgic 2005/2006 feelings you searching for.

result: which pill you take dont matter much. i would snip a coin. head is red. problem solved.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-03-16 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed.

Additionally, I think the community has become way too toxic, especially towards new players. You ask a simple question in game now a days and have a dozen people jump down your throat with ridicule. Back in the days of Vanilla and TBC, your reputation meant something, and the toxic behavior wasn't prevalent like it is now with the dozens of ways there now exist to avoid a negative reputation.
    "Go check google" is the one that pisses me off the most. Back in the day the best you could do was thottbot and that wasn't particularly useful before the comments started piling up. People always go on about how no one is social anymore, but it's the level of toxicity and lack of tolerance for chat channels that make it that way. Used to be people used all the chat channels to be social. Some people were known as trolls, some people were jerks, you had a sense of community. Now-a-days you get reported and banned for using trade to sell something. If you ask a honest question you get "Google is hard" en mass.

this is not 2005. first, wow is piss easy and if you be a noob again, the feeling of "all is new and exciting" wouldnt last long
    It's significantly harder to play WoW now than it was in vanilla. The hardest thing back then was you needed to hit shield block, heroic strike, and sunder armor almost constantly during a fight, and that hurts your hand (Shield block had to be up for every attack and had a very short CD, Sunder was as filler as devastate is now, and heroic strike was queued and went off on autos). Everything else that was even mildly difficult was just a matter of the game being clunky. Vanilla was hard because things didn't work well and raiding was a mess (10000x buffs, coordinating large groups, long cooldowns, server lag, ect).
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-03-16 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I THANK LORD YES!!!!

I would take that pill so fast... Experience all I enjoy as a n-...

Question, is the thread about 'nOObs' or 'newbs' for they aren't the same thing.

If for newb, then yes. I would eat it and enjoy all the things once more, screw nostalgia when I can see it all as a fresh pair of eyes.

If for nOOb, then no. I rather not be a noob.
    Newbie indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    As a hardcore player, id reset, i had so much more fun as a noob, i didnt HAVE to be good at everything, whenever i play a new class numbers force themselves into my brain
    Excactly this: "I didn't have to be good" ..your gameplay might had the worst rotation of all time, but who cared? You were enjoying it!
    *casts Chaos Bolt* --> "wooooa this is amazing!!"

I don't see the point of going backwards. Move forward. If WoW is no longer any fun for you, then stop and do something else. Pretty simple.

I remember when someone gave me my first gold coin. Actually it was five gold coins, but I'd never want to go back to the start.

Omg I'd definitely erase my WoW memory to be a noob again. Everything was awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take it if it reset my gaming knowledge and experience in general. I'm afraid it wouldn't change a thing if it only reset my knowledge of WoW.

Deleted
    i started playng wow at start of sige of origamar pepole where making fun of me kiking me from pugs all the time was last in dps all the time do you rely think it was fun?
    at end of soo was best on dps metters all the time pepole whre admiring my gear i was felign amazing...do i want to go back?
    oh yea when i started i had like no gold kneaw i have 1mil and been spending gold lieke a king do rely want to go back