Poll: Red or Blue pill?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    i started playng wow at start of sige of origamar pepole where making fun of me kiking me from pugs all the time was last in dps all the time do you rely think it was fun?
    at end of soo was best on dps metters all the time pepole whre admiring my gear i was felign amazing...do i want to go back?
    oh yea when i started i had like no gold kneaw i have 1mil and been spending gold lieke a king do rely want to go back
    You have been victim of toxic communities. I've been kicked thousand of times back in wotlk raids. The real fun was the leveling. End-game started to be toxic indeed,

7+ Year Old Account
    If I was a newbie in Wod with today's community, then no...
    But going back as a noob to Vanilla, hell yes. I would probably pick a different class, professions, side, etc with my actual preferences. Such a fresh different start!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm truly torn. I experience the game on a level that news don't appreciate whereas they appreciate the game on a level veterans don't appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

I would hit the blue pill. Learning and starting over with all the mystery in the savage world would be amazing. Although I think in todays WoW would it would be harder to eventually get back to where I am than it was back then.

Both options have their ups and downs for me. I only talk to 2 people in WoW and we don't really do anything together so I wouldn't be losing 10 years worth of friends. It's a hard question for sure. But I know what the community is like more often then not and I don't think I would want to deal with that as a newbie. The community went away and with it went the fun of being a newbie IMO. As someone else said if you ask a question now you have people up your ass. Though I will say I try to answer those people respectfully when I can since we were all noobs once.

I only would if everyone else did as well. But being that far behind the curve would not be fun.

No, because I wouldn't get into the game today if I had the chance to make the experience all over again. I most probably wouldn't stick around and would probably never get as far as to get the appeal. I don't have the time and singular interest in gaming in general that I had in 2005. WoW for me is a kind of safe harbor. After all these years, it's gaming enterainment that doesn't demand a lot of investment, attention and receptiveness from me. I know how it works, it feels home and it's a welcome distraction from a very demanding everyday life. I couldn't grow into another game at this point in time like I did into WoW back then, my head and my life are just in a totally different place today. It's been 10 years, after all.

I accept, and embrace that. As someone else already said: there's more than enough that's happening in life and that stimulates and occupies me in different ways. Why would I still long for some nostalgic feeling of "playing WoW back in the day"? That was 10 years ago. That's why I really can't relate to the notorious nostalgics that constantly whine about WoW having "lost its soul", "being a totally different game" today, etc. Those people just obviously haven't moved very far as people during a whole decade of their life, and blame their feeling of staleness on different aspects of a friggin' video game.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2015-03-16 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I only would if everyone else did as well. But being that far behind the curve would not be fun.
    This much is most certainly true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue pill all the way. The first time playing the game was seriously an epic experiencing. I've tried leveling an alliance toon to change it up a bit, but it's just not the same.

I still have expansions and (actual) content patches to experience something fresh. Helps when you stay away from the test realms and avoid reading up too much in advance. Only thing I've ever read up on in advance were garrisons, just to get a better idea of which buildings there were and their perks. Though it didn't really help me out that much, I think I've replaced just about every building at some point.

Besides, I'd hate to lose out on everything that's unobtainable now. I also have too many 1% mount drops that I don't want to farm for again. If I was so desperate for something new, I'd pick a new F2P or B2P MMO.

Deleted
    Expected more blue pills... but I guess I should have added a green one, that would make you forget wow and no longer attracted by videogames

I'd probably not go back. Because when I started playing WoW ten years ago we all were noobs and people werent dicks.

Starting the game now several years behind a lot of players would be a nightmare. A new player probably wouldnt stay with the game for too long considering how toxic the community can be.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I'd probably not go back. Because when I started playing WoW ten years ago we all were noobs and people werent dicks.

Starting the game now several years behind a lot of players would be a nightmare. A new player probably wouldnt stay with the game for too long considering how toxic the community can be.
    You have a pretty strong point here. Although I ran into a lot of toxic people back then too. But it wasn't near as accepted as it is today by any means.

Ignorance is slavery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Ignorance is slavery.
    The great thing of ignorance is that you can learn and seek for knowledge.
    But once you get knowledge (in a videogame is not infinite as reality) you just cannot become ignorant again to enjoy the learning once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    The great thing of ignorance is that you can learn and seek for knowledge.
    But once you get knowledge (in a videogame is not infinite as reality) you just cannot become ignorant again to enjoy the learning once more.
    On the money in my opinion. Once that box is open it isn't getting closed again.

Deleted
    no thanks. it would be quite a waste of time to have to start relearning the game only to once again come to the inevitable conclusion that it is rubbish now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    In a fucking heartbeat - rediscovering or rather discovering everything anew, yesfuckingplease. No question.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A blue pill does nothing for me. I need a time machine.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I'm the best player in my chosen class, but I know it well enough. And who's to say you can't still learn new things whilst having some degree of expertise?
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2015-03-19 at 12:17 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?