Poll: Would you sacrifice sex in exchange for any women/man you wanted.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Sure. Their brains lack the necessary chemicals to allow them to feel sexual attraction. No different than people with a mental disability due to chemical imbalances. No human is truly asexual without an underlying cause.
    It's not a mental disability, it's just a preference why is that so hard to grasp? some people want to date people they can play games with, some people want to date someone they can go party with, i want to date someone who gets the fact i'm lassez-faire about sex. i wouldn't even call myself asexual, just...sexually not bothered

Can I change the woman whenever I want? And whoever I chose will love me unconditionally?
    Sex drive aside, that can be gamed to make the richest / most powerful woman on earth do my bidding. And if she ever loses her money / power I can switch to the next one. Sounds pretty useful. Sacrificing sex for that would be a bummer, though.
    Why restrict it to women? Can I also have any man fall in love with me? There are so few women presidents these days ... having any man do my bidding would be even more useful. And sacrificing sex in that "relationship" wouldn't even be bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Not saying a good relationship doesn't have lust involved. Just saying they are different. You can love without lust.
    This is why in my language we have different things.
    You dont "love" your parents or friends, you love your lover, you adore your parents, you adore cookies and so forth.

English really needs a different word.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You cannot love without sex drive. What's the point?
    you mister sooo wrong...you have no idea about friendly soul. i gues you are egoist that lives only to fuck

I'd sacrifice sex for a lot of things but a relationship would never be one of them. Relationships are hollow and pointless en devours to begin with. Now if you wanted to say cut my dick off and give me the power to blow peoples heads up with my mind I'd hack the thing off in a second.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I couldn't do that... not after meeting an amazing man already...

Before I had met him, I would have said yes, but after finding one... No, I couldn't, an amazing man will make you drip with sexual tension just by being around them casually... >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Nope, I wouldn't.

If I wasn't allowed to have sex with others in that case, yes, I would leave them.
    If I couldn't have sex with my man... I would break from the built up tension... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

That's a bit fat NO from me. Sexual frustration is not something i want to live with for the rest of my life, and sex for me is an integrated part of being in love and acting it out.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Definitely not. Sex is part of love in my opinion.
    ^----This. It's healthy part of love, as well. I'm in a relationship with my soon-to-be-wife fiancee, and one of the things we both wish ourselves is that we can sustain that way we look at eachother, with affection and love. The smile on my face when I see her boobies, the sense of security she has when she's in my arms, but also the thought that we're still attractive towards the other one. And sex, with everything around it (cuddles, affection, passion etc) give you that feeling. And I think it's important in a relationship, as well.

As for asexual people.. Ye, maybe there are some, I won't deny that. But most I know, including me (to some extend) and my girl, are people who never actually learned, what it means to really love and be loved. We were both people that hated cuddling, didn't like kissing, didn't push towards any physical contact, didn't think about sex etc.. In some essence, a deffinition of asexuals, I guess.
    And today? We've been together for over 4 years. We still hold hands when we go anywhere, we cuddle in the bus, we kiss eachother spontaneously, we sleep together closly, we have our intimate momments, passionate momments etc..
    The thing is - I've heard it in the past, I hear it today, I even said it many times - "I don't need that part of life".. But the kicker is - you can't really miss things you haven't really experienced.
    Today I can't imagine living without her in my arms. Without feeling I'm attractive to her, and showing her how attractive she is to me, that for me, she's the most beautiful in the world. The only one I really care about. And those are feelings that you show, not only of course, by physical contanct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Absolutely not. Ever been in a relationship where someone didn't want to have sex, but really liked you otherwise and you liked them? It's hell.

Also, something that is usually lost in such conversations on this forums (partially due to translations I guess) - there is a big, solar system wide, difference between sex - as in putting a penis into a vagina, and making love with your significant other.
    The first one is just an act of releasing sexual tension. The second one is an act of affection, love and care towards other person.
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I just wouldn't be able to endure a situation like that.

Knowing that through no fault of my own that my loved one is now with another man intimately and unable to be satisfied with me (Through toys or whatever physical function I have left, oral, fingers etc).
    I suspect having a brain tumor gives you a different perspective on things. If you know you're probably going to die soon, would you really want to go out without love and companionship just because you can't have sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought sex with someone you loved was an expression of said love. You're basically going into celibacy and you can't get any children with said person. I don't really see the point in this.

Also, aren't you forcing your will upon someone else's if you could make someone fall in love with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    This is why in my language we have different things.
    You dont "love" your parents or friends, you love your lover, you adore your parents, you adore cookies and so forth.

English really needs a different word.
    I taught myself to not use word love towards less significant things, in my language.
    I love my girl. I really like cookies.Love means I can't imagine a life without that person.I can live without cookies, for sure.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    It hasnt been true for a while, geriatric age is the highest STD age group due to how much time they spend fucking, there is nothing else to do, children arent a risk and they no longer give a fuck about STD's, they are at the end of their lives anyway, so shit gets rather kinky.

- - - Updated - - -

What is "true love" though, and its not incompatible with sex at all.
    Humans are sexual creatures and its an intrinsic bonding mechanism. unless you are asexual, your bond with someone wont be as deep as it could be without sex.
    What you may be thinking is that too many people rush into relationships because sex nowadays is almost a measure of ones worth considering how obsessed our society is with it, if thats what you mean i will agree.

But they arent exclusive.
    Besides, you can have them as friends, i have 2 girls whom i consider to be my sisters, what we have and always had is more intimate than most common relationships, and yet we have no sexual desire or the desire to date each other, and tbh its a good relationship as it is.
    I'm not making any statement about the role of sex in a relationship. I'd most definitely prefer to have both love and sex, and I agree those things usually go hand in hand. But if I had the option to greatly increase the quality of the love by sacrificing the sex, I would do so. Furthermore, I have a hard time understanding anyone who wouldn't.

I wonder if I'm just less interested in sex than your average young(ish) man, but...meh, maybe it's just that people interpret the poll differently, or try to make some sort of statement or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    I'm not making any statement about the role of sex in a relationship. I'd most definitely prefer to have both love and sex, and I agree those things usually go hand in hand. But if I had the option to greatly increase the quality of the love by sacrificing the sex, I would do so. Furthermore, I have a hard time understanding anyone who wouldn't.

I wonder if I'm just less interested in sex than your average young(ish) man, but...meh, maybe it's just that people interpret the poll differently, or try to make some sort of statement or something.
    But would the quality of the love be greatly increased, I wonder? OP proposes that you'd get any man or woman you wanted, and that you'd love each other. That's it. We as human beings aren't always the greatest at picking our partners though, so just because you're guaranteed to love each other, doesn't mean you'll actually be particularly compatible, or that you'll get along very well - Even if you pick someone that you get along very well with, I expect you'd still argue and disagree sometimes, like a normal couple.
    OP promises guaranteed love (minus sex), not perfection.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP