Thread: WoW2 or not?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Wouldn't be worth it, especially if your suggesting the lore stay the same.
    If you suggested they created a entire replacement for WoW going forward, such as a new "Vanilla", a entirely separate game client that allowed us to copy over our accounts and everything there within, then yes.

However I don't think blizzard has the capacity to build such a large, successful game anymore.
    Creating Warcraft 4 or starting a new title that could eventually end up as a MMO would be preferable.

Seeing the way WoD has turned out, there isent much to do outside of raiding and pvping, garrisons have turned the game into a log in, send followers on missions, log out, kind of game, which is similar to cellphone games.

I think a WoW2 would be hugely successful. Wow players love the WoW name. If done right, I think it would great, but like someone said, people get attached to their characters, and starting COMPLETELY over is something most would be hesitant to do (myself included). Blizzard would have to create a new story, a new villain, a new world. I don't know how they could do it, but hypothetically speaking, if I opened up MMO-C right now and saw a "World of Warcraft 2 is coming!" blue post, I would probably freak out.

If WoW2 were designed to cater to a totally different crowd, then I could see it being successful. Otherwise it might be like a house divided...

Unless I could port my characters and guilds over, then there is no way I would do more than try it. I would be throwing away years of achievements, phat lootz, pets and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If WoW2 were designed to cater to a totally different crowd, then I could see it being successful. Otherwise it might be like a house divided...

Unless I could port my characters and guilds over, then there is no way I would do more than try it. I would be throwing away years of achievements, phat lootz, pets and mounts.
    Runescape 2 was way more successful than Runescape 1 (classic), lol. I think people just need a fresh start, while still keeping the warcraft name... somehow.

I would like to see world of diablo franchise where you raid demons in hell