Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Having Yrel turn evil is a twist that they can, currently, pull off.
    But why? It'd just seem like a random, sudden change meant to piss people off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Having Yrel turn evil is a twist that they can, currently, pull off.
    That would be retarded. We witnessed and accompanied Yrel in her transformation from a wimpy priestess to a strong leader chosen by Velen himself. Basically a new important Alliance character Blizz promised long time ago. Turning her evil and possibly a raid boss would be a massive troll move.

I would welcome a non-Grom end boss. We don't have to ally with the guy, we can simply work toward same goal which is ass kicking of Guldan and the Legion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Deleted
    If it's true, we have another reason to not care so much about what they say in Blizzcon panels.

To list out what I believe are the facts as there's some things missed here (And correct me if I'm wrong)

1) They have stated several times in the past that Grom is the final boss of the expansion.
    2) They have stated the final boss is not 'just some orc'. It's 'just some orc' not 'an orc'
    3) There would be Legion influence in the final raid.
    4) The tweet didn't say Grom was NOT the final boss, just that he 'might be'.

So, how do we make all of that true at the same time?

Gul'Dan made deathnights by shoving a soul of an orc warlock into a human. I wonder what would happen if he shoved the soul of something else into Grom.. like maybe a pitlord.. *wiggly fingers and slowly backs out of the room*

Deleted
    Well we still have this mysterious boss who offer his blood for drink.Right???

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well we still have this mysterious boss who offer his blood for drink.Right???
    Is AU Mannoroth even dead? Don't demons just respwan unless killed under special conditions?

In any case, the whole "might" not be the last boss is worrisome to me. (like they're not sure) Maybe it's delusion, but I assumed they'd be sane enough to know where the expansion pack ended before they even released the thing.

How am I supposed to believe them when they say they have later expansion packs already sketched out if they don't even have this one locked down?

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    If they did do a third tier, the raid would probably be in Shattrath right? I don't know where else they would have it.
    There was a map with a Shattrath raid sketched out at BlizzCon, but a lot changed since then. In the same presentation, they talked about the Chronal Spire, which never made it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    How am I supposed to believe them when they say they have later expansion packs already sketched out if they don't even have this one locked down?
    The next one is already being worked on, and the one after that is in more of a "sketch" phase (your word). The raids after an expansion launched are always developed alongside the expansion's lifetime. That's not anything new. Zone/quest/etc. designers aren't all locked down on one raid simultaneously, they work on multiple things at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    There was a map with a Shattrath raid sketched out at BlizzCon, but a lot changed since then. In the same presentation, they talked about the Chromatic Spire, which never made it.
    Chronal Spire was never a thing at BlizzCon. It was merely a footnote on an already outdated early concept map.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Is AU Mannoroth even dead? Don't demons just respwan unless killed under special conditions?
    Now I'm wondering this, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Chronal Spire was never a thing at BlizzCon. It was merely a footnote on an already outdated early concept map.
    That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    If it's true, we have another reason to not care so much about what they say in Blizzcon panels.
    Admittedly, it was assumed for awhile by the community that was a joke because of how it was said, it was just later tweets that people took it seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, the whole "might" not be the last boss is worrisome to me. (like they're not sure) Maybe it's delusion, but I assumed they'd be sane enough to know where the expansion pack ended before they even released the thing.

The last one is overwritten by them saying they will add as many raid tiers, and hence story, as possible. Believing them or not about them actually doing that is irrelevant when you look at it from this standpoint: that statement says the story can be changed at will still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    To list out what I believe are the facts as there's some things missed here (And correct me if I'm wrong)

1) They have stated several times in the past that Grom is the final boss of the expansion.
    2) They have stated the final boss is not 'just some orc'. It's 'just some orc' not 'an orc'
    3) There would be Legion influence in the final raid.
    4) The tweet didn't say Grom was NOT the final boss, just that he 'might be'.

So, how do we make all of that true at the same time?
    The elephant in the room is either brainwashed Fel Orc Grom or Grom assists in the final boss encounter (much in the same way Norushen was considered a boss when the actual encounter boss was the Amalgam of Corruption).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nathrezim yes, other demons not as far as we know. AU Mannoroth died the same was as MU Mannoroth,- and he's dead as a dodo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I just had an idea. What if Grommash just... survives?

He doesn't join us. It wouldn't make sense for a character like that to join the enemy after losing everything.

We don't kill him. Since some players do like him.

Gul'dan doesn't kill or corrupt him.

Grom is left to rebuild the clans he has led to defeat. No longer a conqueror, he becomes the chieftain the Warsong clan needs to survive.

It's kind of a heroic ending, yet a fate worse than death for a warrior who sacrificed everything and everyone for his own glory.

...aaand if the Dark Portal was to remain open lorewise, they could eventually reuse the character without further time travels.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-03-19 at 11:09 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like that Grom was actually going to be a boss for the finale of WoD. He could be present during the final boss fight in which we could possibly fight him, but I hope he isn't because it just shows a lack of creativity to have another Orc, and one who yet has the name Hellscream attached to themselves.

OT, the guy who asked that question to Chilton at Blizzcon sounds like a tool.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

They know where they're going in broad strokes. The more specific details are quite flexible.

I hope Gul'dan lives, and keep him to next expansion.

Deleted
    Isnt there a rumor that guldan lives and finds out about our timeline and slips away? Maybe thats why we go back and get a non corrupt Illidan from the past to help us hunt guldan and his demons, thus paving the way for the demon hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    So, apparently Muffins tweeted he may or may not be the final boss. That opens up the story a bit.
    This isn't news, but yes I have a feeling it will be a final battle that takes place back on Azeroth and will likely be someone noteworthy.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Is that the brother of Sargeras?
    Yes but he is uh... special.