Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Fel Horde's Rebirth.

I salute the idea to bring back the Fel Horde even for a short time. Its my favorite faction and i wish the playable Horde would become Fel Horde (or atleast a 3rd playable faction as Fel Horde), but for Blizzard its all about fairy tales where the good guys always win, so probably there will be no such thing as playable Fel Horde or Legion or Scourge etc.

As a lore guy (pretending that blizzard is not about fairy tales for a sec), i ask whats so bad about fel blood? Makes your faction a lot stronger, there is no mind control (legion doesnt actually mind control the fel orcs, as we saw in TBC, Magtheridon as a slave for the fel orcs).

Is the only reason that we must play in fairy tale and do good here and there? Cos i wanna conquer shit! I want to see Fel Horde invading the Legion, i wanna see a fel Tauren blinded by rage just quaking the ground as it charges towards those puny Felguards!

I want to ram the Eredari gates and i dont want to do it with Thrall, i want fel Grom, so that those demons know whats coming when the gates will fall!

PS: I do have to say i have a slight smirk on my face when i see Alliance whining, almost crying a little, at the idea that Grom might rejoin the playable Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2015-03-17 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with fel? Right...let just forget that drinking demonic blood turn you into a mindless bloodthirsty moron more akin to orks from warhammer and the fact fel energy is addictive (Then again so is all magic but fel is much more dangerous) and destroy the land around you. Also, what with dissing fairy tales? Though things can be grim and gritty, just read some of the original versions of them. Also even if we are playing "Goodie goods", we are invading and conquering Draenor, we're just not being dicks about it and burning everything in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Horde is my favorite Horde faction. Unfortunately as Talin said, they're too bloodthirsty to join the Horde forces in Azeroth, but this is Blizzard. You can expect everything.
    I'd support this. Afterall, fel orcs are the best looking orcs in the game imo.

Everything about fel magic is wrong, dude. But if they ever add them as a playable character, I hope they make them run faster than average orcs.
    Last edited by OIS; 2015-03-17 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Fel Horde is my favorite Horde faction. Unfortunately as Talin said, they're too bloodthirsty to join the Horde forces in Azeroth, but this is Blizzard. You can expect everything.
    I'd support this. Afterall, fel orcs are the best looking orcs in the game imo.
    Great, cos i thought i was alone (atleast vocal that is).
    People start seeing now how badass is Gul'dan. I always though that Gul'dan's Fel Horde would be the most devastating force Azeroth or Draenor have ever seen. Ofc without the Legion. But it was easy to see that if only played wc3 Orc campign, or Gul'dan in Tomb of Sargeras just plain out taunting Sargeras.

Just look at Kilrogg turning, how can you not like, Fel Horde would be the scourge of a hundred worlds, and it would the Legion's end!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2015-03-17 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalinSilverbane View Post
    Nothing wrong with fel? Right...let just forget that drinking demonic blood turn you into a mindless bloodthirsty moron more akin to orks from warhammer
    Warhammer orks are hardly mindless, they actualy show more personality than warcraft orcs.

Also, if Blizzard introduces Fel Iron Horde, we are actualy about to break a record of how many hordes we exterminated in a single expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Gul'dan in Tomb of Sargeras just plain out taunting Sargeras.
    Gul'dan died screaming in terror. He also realized that his existence had been a joke.

PS: I do have to say i have a slight smirk on my face when i see Alliance whining, almost crying a little, at the idea that Grom might rejoin the playable Horde.
    You can have your incompetent, bloodthirsty, overly prideful idiot if you're really that desperate to have him run your Horde into the ground as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's definitely some element of fel corruption that makes those afflicted by it prone to being influenced by outside forces - when Grom and his forces went Fel they suddenly came under the influence of Mannoroth and were fighting for the Legion, even though Grom hated Mannoroth.

Illidan may have brought the Fel Horde of Outland under his sway in a similar manner, manipulating them into serving him through his understanding of demons and magic.

I'm very much looking forwards to the aesthetic of the Iron Horde adapting to the inclusion of Burning Legion forces - I wanna see those demolishers and pulverizers powered by demonic fire.

Rise of the Fel Iron Horde! Their bond is fel iron :3

Fel has always led to corruption. Gromm was honorable and he and his men were fierce die by the sword people, but they drank the blood and joined the legion. The fel Orcs were led by Kargath who is a character who hates being a slave and openly allows himself and his people to be slaves to the legion and illidan.

Fel doesn't just enhance, it corrupts. Arthas didn't just become a bad guy, he took up a blade made be a demon and was corrupted. Death Knights who even regain their freedom still have that "renegade" affliction just like the forsaken.

Fel magic has been known to cause split personalities in almost everyone who has come in contact with. We never once see Gul'dan before he's shown betraying Nerzhul and at that point, he's already a warlock. I highly doubt that Nerzhul would allow such an evil dick to be his pupil.

So I would not allow my men or my allies to take fel shots. I would however take any help the Old Gods have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Illidan may have brought the Fel Horde of Outland under his sway in a similar manner, manipulating them into serving him through his understanding of demons and magic.
    I think the more magically inclined someone with fel is, the easier it is for them to influence the more brutish fel afflicted, like Orcs and fel guards. Mannoroth and Illidan are very powerful at magic(though you wouldn't think by just playing RoC) so i think that helped. Course all those nameless Dread Lords could have helped.

I'm very much looking forwards to the aesthetic of the Iron Horde adapting to the inclusion of Burning Legion forces - I wanna see those demolishers and pulverizers powered by demonic fire.
    Don't expect much, this is wow after all.

Fel energy doesn't mind control, that's for sure, but what it does do is send the imbiber in a bloodthirsty rage for death and destruction and as a result, fel corruption really wouldn't be a good idea unless you had exceptionally strong will. There are so few examples of fel corruption (note that I don't mean a minor effect like blood elves siphoning crystals, I mean full on corruption) where the individual did not eventually turn to evil, even Illidan - although it took a while - eventually succumbed.

I would actually like to see a story other than the corrupted draenei one in a short story (I forget where I read it, but it was about a draenei and a fel-corrupted brother who turned against his corruptors) where someone corrupted by fel energy breaks it by their own force of will. I think a lot of people are uncertain about fel energy and it'd be cool to clearly show it in a questline.

The thing is that the Fel Horde would not really work. The Majority of games usually end with the Forces of good prevailing over the Forces of Evil. Blizzard moves to that same vision in their games. Not always though but most of the times. It is not about fairy tale and goody two shoes that some people mention its the fact that the majority support this fairy tale situation and the Forces of light over the bad guys winning anyday. Having that fact in mind (that good always prevails) it's no wonder Garrosh never had a chance with his Horde or his True Horde or his Iron Horde. Guldan wont also have a chance with his Fel Horde cause he eventually lose in the end and he shal be a name of the Villain List that he will be ticked as defeated. You can do that whole scenario 100 times and it will give the same end result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You can have your incompetent, bloodthirsty, overly prideful idiot if you're really that desperate to have him run your Horde into the ground as well.
    Hahaha YES! I love it. You dont like it do you?

Keep one thing in mind, Blizzard can butcher the Horde and all that, but Alliance will NEVER have characters such as Grom or Gul'dan or Bladefist or any other Clan Chief or others like Zul'jin (been Horde in WC2), etc. Look at them all badass in their way. But Alliance, fucking Jaina, Malfurion even Varian, Velen, all empty, all flat, all calmed.

Even when they want to be be angry and action-oriented they look stupid like that Draenei guy that died.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2015-03-20 at 08:07 AM.

Hahaha YES! I love it. You dont like it do you?

Keep one thing in mind, Blizzard can butcher the Horde and all that, but Alliance will NEVER have characters such as Grom or Gul'dan or Bladefist or any other Clan Chief or others like Zul'jin (been Horde in WC2), etc. Look at them all badass in their way. But Alliance, fucking Jaina, Malfurion even Varian, Velen, all empty, all flat, all calmed.

Even when they want to be be angry and action-oriented they look stupid like that Draenei guy that died.
    It's pretty well-accepted by this point that WoW's story is driven by the Horde. The Alliance subplots have all gone absolutely nowhere, and I couldn't tell you what Blizzard's lore department is thinking at this point.

Deleted
    The Horde are such deep characters huh? Let see

Grom: WAAAGH! KILL!
    Bladefist: WAAAGH! Kill!
    Gul'dan: I'm evil *Twirl moustache*
    Zul'jin: Stay away from the voodoo, mon.

Yeah the Alliance characters are not that deep but don't pretend the Warlords are any better.

- - - Updated - - -

I should point out that I do like all these characters before some Horde fan boy accuses me of being a 12 year old white knight....expect Grom. Grom is an over hyped asshole like Chuck Noris.

I should point out that I do like all these characters before some Horde fan boy accuses me of being a 12 year old white knight....expect Grom. Grom is an over hyped asshole like Chuck Noris.
    Careful. Chuck Norris has fanboys of his own.

Im were pretty shit at being "good guys". Offers a new purse and well glady wipe out a village. "Oh new sword what do i have to do? Genocide? Okay be back in an hour"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It's pretty well-accepted by this point that WoW's story is driven by the Horde. The Alliance subplots have all gone absolutely nowhere, and I couldn't tell you what Blizzard's lore department is thinking at this point.
    The Allaince had there fun. In the other warcraft games. Vanllia wow was mostly alliance lore. Onxyia for one. Naxxramas, paladins. BC was all about Illidin night elf faction once. Arthas in Wrath was a alliance story based character....so they had enough for now. Am getting tired of orcs though but better than mogu and trolls so not entirely disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a Legion based thrid faction, maybe Satyrs, Naga and fel orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Gul'dan died screaming in terror. He also realized that his existence had been a joke.
    He didn't die screaming in terror. He died slowly bleeding out writing runes on the walls in his own blood.

- - - Updated - - -

The Horde are such deep characters huh? Let see

Grom: WAAAGH! KILL!
    Bladefist: WAAAGH! Kill!
    Gul'dan: I'm evil *Twirl moustache*
    Zul'jin: Stay away from the voodoo, mon.

Yeah the Alliance characters are not that deep but don't pretend the Warlords are any better.

- - - Updated - - -

Look! I can minimize things too!

Varian: Waaaah! My son!
    Velen: Im the light!

When you do shit like that, you're acting like a 12 year old. Because you ignore everything in someone's story and just put a stamp on it that you think will paint them in the worst light. If you want to do that, nothing can have a story. Oh. And when you have to backup your whining with the words "fan boy", you've already shown the immaturity of that 12 year old mind. No matter what your actual age is. It's just another case of someone on the internet needing to feel validated.

Oh. And to show you how you don't even really know who you're putting those vague labels on and how you're just taking wild guesses, you're referring to vol'jin. Not zul'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    He didn't die screaming in terror. He died slowly bleeding out writing runes on the walls in his own blood.
    All this time he had thought he was in control, when in truth he had been little more than a dupe, a pawn, a slave. His very existence had been a sham, a mere joke. And soon it would be over.
    "I’ve been a fool," he thought. He stopped writing and turned to run, knowing already that it was too late.
    And then the claws bit in deep, and Gul’dan found his voice long enough to scream.

--Tides of Darkness
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-03-21 at 05:22 AM.