Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Aren't they going to multicam for everything now?
    Pretty sure they scrapped that when they realized how ridiculous it was. Unless we are thinking of something else :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    "Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that."
    Can't explain how the US army changes the colour of their equipment to suit the terrain either.

Deleted
    Do you know this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I think you mean Khaki's :P
    Heh I missed that. Yeah the US navy predominantly doesn't wear blue. Usually khaki or black or white. You really don't try to blend in with the ocean, that's not really important. : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Anyone have a picture of that ugly tiger stripe shit the USAF tried to go to when they decided to ditch the BDUs?

That one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's funny, I remember a time before the US really had tan anything. I remember when they started with the tan stuff, when we got involved in Iraq. Before that, army green was pretty universal.
    I also remember this. Tan always looked weird to me. But I grew up on military bases, so maybe I had more exposure to the pre-Iraq uniforms?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh I missed that. Yeah the US navy predominantly doesn't wear blue. Usually khaki or black or white. You really don't try to blend in with the ocean, that's not really important. : P
    If it comes to the point I had to blend into the ocean in my job, we were completely fucked anyway! :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    USA wore green in Vietnam
    Look at his post, I doubt he was even born during Vietnam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    I've always thought that the U.S. (most Western nations actually) struggled to fight in the desert. They have the best toys no doubt but they haven't fought on a familiar terrain in a long time and the war in Afghanistan and Iraq have the same vibe as the Vietnam war to me. Military dominance, poor understanding of terrain, facing guerilla tactics that force them to draw out the fight to the point that they just kind of back out.

Now that I think about it, most traditional forces end up backing out after extended periods of times with guerillas without a definitive 'win'.
    The US has no issues at the tactical and operational level in the desert, the failures have come from the politicians in Washington.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    If it comes to the point I had to blend into the ocean in my job, we were completely fucked anyway! :P
    What if you're a marine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

OP, emm, what did you try to accomplish here?
    I refuse to believe that you didnt just troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Do you know this one?

I think the technical term for it is "vomit."

Yesterday I wore red, and today I'm wearing grey.

Have a lot of family that has a lot of history in the military since even before the World War's.

You'd shit yourself if you saw my family's history room at my Oma's house.

Atleast 30 different uniforms, all with their own unique pattern/color. Pretty sure there's even a polar ghillie in there.

They provide armor/suit for different terrains/classes.

My husband wears the NWU type Is (blue digital camo). He's in the Navy. He's also in Japan right now, and they're wearing that still. But when he goes over to the Middle East... it's the type IIIs because they breath easier in deserts. They're the easiest to maintain, too. He HATES it when it's time for an NSU inspection, he has to get out his shirt stays lol

Honestly, even though I'm married to an active duty E5. It still looks weird as hell to me! My dad, uncle, and aunt were all in the Navy as well. And I remember their old petty officer work uniforms (blue shirt, black pants)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Khaki is for service uniforms. You also have Dress Blues (almost black), Dress Whites, and blue MARPAT camo work uniforms and blue overalls that replaced the dungaree uniform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    My husband wears the NWU type Is (blue digital camo). He's in the Navy. He's also in Japan right now, and they're wearing that still. But when he goes over to the Middle East... it's the type IIIs because they breath easier in deserts. They're the easiest to maintain, too. He HATES it when it's time for an NSU inspection, he has to get out his shirt stays lol

Honestly, even though I'm married to an active duty E5. It still looks weird as hell to me! My dad, uncle, and aunt were all in the Navy as well. And I remember their old petty officer work uniforms (blue shirt, black pants)!
    Yeah, I do not like the new uniforms the Navy has. I prefer the older ones, more traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Like Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
    I was thinking more like Nanking, but point taken.

Also, I am not saying the "kill them all" attitude isn't fucked up. It's just that some folks like to spin guerilla warfare being successful vs the US as something other than the military being forced to fight with one hand tied around their balls due to roa and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Khaki is for service uniforms. You also have Dress Blues (almost black), Dress Whites, and blue MARPAT camo work uniforms and blue overalls that replaced the dungaree uniform.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I do not like the new uniforms the Navy has. I prefer the older ones, more traditional.
    Yeah the work overalls is basically the only blue thing. Never been in the navy or anything, but it looks like the "dress blues" is black or white. My cousin was in the navy.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I was thinking more like Nanking, but point taken.

Also, I am not saying the "kill them all" attitude isn't fucked up. It's just that some folks like to spin guerilla warfare being successful vs the US as something other than the military being forced to fight with one hand tied around their balls due to roa and politics.
    I still don't get how Gorilla warfare is successful, the only way it can be considered as such is because there are no huge battles that are decisive. If we look at casualties, however, guerrilla warfare is horribly ineffective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.