Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I'd be yelling jump too.

Deleted
    In Germany, and likely the other Germanic countries, such behavior where someone is in trouble and you incite them or even simply not helping them but just sitting there observing when you are capable of helping, would be prosecutable.

i dont see the issue

the guy wanted to die

people encouraged him

whats the problem?

Dont see an issue with it. They wanted to give people a show and they did.

Really if people want to kill them selves and go 99.9% of the way i doubt the people shouting would have made a difference.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Me too, I can't stand people sometimes,All lives matter.
    No they don't, not even mine.

"A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.'"

Samaritans were despised by Jews at the time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it wrong to commit suicide? Should someone not have control over whether they want to end their own life? Right to die, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did he atleast do a front flip?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted

heh

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    heh
    I'll admit it, I lol'd.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this big news? People are often cunts. The end. Move on?

People suck. Nothing new here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/16/people...06465/?ito=v-b

How do you do something like this, How is that not a crime? You deliberately know someone was about to suicide and yell jump.

Faith in humanity lost

Opinions?
    Most people are good, others are trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/DD9vd4m.jpg[img]

heh
    This made me smile. Also, why don't they just build some fencing on that bridge to keep people from jumping?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    This made me smile. Also, why don't they just build some fencing on that bridge to keep people from jumping?
    Because short of making the fencing a complete loop, people will just climb over it, or around it. If people are in such a bad way that they are willing to jump, adding a few extra hoops to jump through won't stop them.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I have literally no sympathy for public suicide victims, they're selfish people who are intent on trying to scar other people's lives because theirs has gone to shit. Awful people.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Those people should be thrown to sharks..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I have literally no sympathy for public suicide victims, they're selfish people who are intent on trying to scar other people's lives because theirs has gone to shit. Awful people.
    Fuck...this narcissistic generation thinks everything has to do with attention...

I wonder, can coming generations become worse? Doubtful...

I mean you, Ryme.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-03-18 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    The thing I don't understand is if you are going to commit suicide why does it have be all dramatic and in a public setting? Are they waiting to see how much attention they can get before they go? Do they want to make some kind of statement and be a martyr?

I don't see much point in it and as a person would rather just move on with my life with detached apathy. Now if they are genuinely looking for help there are other ways of doing that as well.
    This guy gets it.

Fuck...this narcissistic generation thinks everything has to do with attention...

I mean you, Ryme.
    Is there another reason for suicide in a public place besides attention? There are plenty of ways to go quietly by yourself without having to traumatize the people around you. I have to agree, people who suicide in public are selfish assholes with no respect for others.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2015-03-18 at 11:02 AM.

Am I the only one who found this funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post

I mean you, Ryme.
    Sorry you feel this way, but no I don't think everything has to do with attention. I think killing yourself in such a way as to draw maximum attention to has to do with attention though. Could you try and explain how you think differently?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh