Thread: I'll be X in X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This reminds me, I don't like it when people (short people) use fractions. "I'm 5'1" and 3/8ths!" Bitch, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This reminds me, I don't like it when people (short people) use fractions. "I'm 5'1" and 3/8ths!" Bitch, please.
    Who actually does this?

I'm pretty sure short people always round up. Just like guys with their willies.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Who actually does this?
    Short arses.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You'll stop doing that when you're like 80.
    Stopped doing that when I was 18.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that isn't metric unsettles me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    So then what do you care about? Why even pose the question?

If one is 27 years old and 9 months, one is closer to 28 than to 27. Why would you want her to answer 27, when that is less correct than the alternative? Replying "I'll be 28 in 3 month" seems a way more desirable answer. I'd certainly prefer that answer if I asked someone.
    Been closer to 28 doesn't make you any less 27... You're still 27

15+ Year Old Account
    So long Adam, nice of you to stop by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably 6'4" and like 5/8ths of an inch, but I just say 6'5". In metric I can just say I'm 195 cm and be done with it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm probably 6'4" and like 5/8ths of an inch, but I just say 6'5".
    I'm 5'9 .5 - 5'10. I still say 5'9 because i feel like im lying otherwise. I have tall friends that are like 6'4 who will say they are 6'1 when they are around other guys. Some people claim they are 2 inches taller than they really are and it makes them look really bad when a guy claiming 6'1 is much larger than the 5'11 guy claiming 6'1.

And if you're korean, you're actually 1 when January 1st rolls around, whether you were born in February or December. When you're born, you're 0. And every new year you turn a year older. So you could actually be just a few days old, technically, but according to them, you could be 1 already.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    And if you're korean, you're actually 1 when January 1st rolls around, whether you were born in February or December. When you're born, you're 0. And every new year you turn a year older. So you could actually be just a few days old, technically, but according to them, you could be 1 already.
    I thought they were supposed to be good at math?! This shakes the foundations of my world apart.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But the question is "How old are you" not "How old are you next"

- - - Updated - - -

He's 36 months old... No, he's 3
    Since you want to be hyper literal based on an idiosyncratic trait of yours wouldn't the proper way to express your age based on your literal need be 28 years X months and X days? Or should you rephrase your question to ask how many years old are you? If we are all going to be obtuse might as well take it to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Since you want to be hyper literal based on an idiosyncratic trait of yours wouldn't the proper way to express your age based on your literal need be 28 years X months and X days? Or should you rephrase your question to ask how many years old are you? If we are all going to be obtuse might as well take it to the extreme.
    That is a good question. In fact, in spanish, they distinguish how old you are in various ways. They ask "How many years do you have" or "What is your age". I think in english when you ask how old someone is, is leaving yourself open for many varying responses. The way to answer in spanish is saying "I have X years". So, like you said, it's all about the year, which makes more sense.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You know what i mean though lol. Not saying all girls but most girls I'VE met cant even change a tire.
    I think more or less anyone can change a tyre. People don't because of laziness, an unwillingness to try something and risk being wrong, and some idea that it's not feminine to do it, so would rather get a man to do it for risk of being viewed as masculine or butch. That, and tyres are heavy and dirty I guess.

I've never changed a tyre in my life, I don't know cars, and I wouldn't consider myself butch - a tomboy at most, but I can't imagine it's that difficult? Use a jack to lift the car up. I presume the jack goes underneath the side of the car, probably in the middle, and a little bit back somewhere in order to not damage the outside. There might be a place specifically for one, in which case it would be easy to feel, otherwise anywhere solid would do, I guess. Use it to lift the car enough that the tyre is off the ground a tiny little bit (though maybe it should be on the ground, but only just - we'll find out when the things go in properly or not). Use a screwdriver or wrench or whatever to unscrew the tyre. Actually, as I'm doing this, it's probably best to make sure it's still touching the ground just, to support the weight a bitand won't damage anything? IDK. uhh, move the new one into place, screw it back on. In hindsight, yeah, definitely have to be at normal ground level otherwise you couldn't hold the tyre and screw it back on at the same time. once you're done, check everything is tight and in place, lower the car back down, check the pressure I guess against the instruction manual? and away you go? Am I close?

Also can I point out that the thread title is ridiculous. "I'll be X in X" is like "i'll be 26 in 26" or "I'll be july in july" You mean "i'll be X in Y"